Gransnet forums

Chat

Infiltration

(302 Posts)
BlueBelle Tue 04-Dec-18 05:30:21

I think we have an infiltration of ‘jokers’ on the threads at the moment Well of course it may be the same person with a variety of names but I have noticed four (at least) new names who are ‘ having fun’ with us
I presume reporting them and letting Gransnet sort them out is the only way forward
Has anyone else noticed ?
We need a sin bin

dragonfly46 Wed 05-Dec-18 11:55:49

Wow I must be really gullible. It never occurred to me that the post was not genuine although I did think it was a bit far fetched.
What dreadful people there are in the world!!

oldbatty Wed 05-Dec-18 12:48:37

Be careful dragon especially as you are going through rough times

oldbatty Wed 05-Dec-18 12:51:39

Maybe new folk could go to the thread for new people.Some strict grans could monitor them and then grant them a golden key, where upon they are allowed to talk about cake mix and Strictly.

LullyDully Wed 05-Dec-18 12:54:13

Here here old batty. Is it just me but are 12 games too many?

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 13:17:45

Why complain about threads one doesn’t find of interest, they interest others , I have no interest in cooking but accept others do so I am pleased those who are interested can share and I can choose not to read .

Elegran Wed 05-Dec-18 13:32:16

New folk are welcome to post wherever they like, oldbatty. However, weirdos, sadistic wouldbe comedians and drunken louts who have just discovered masturbation can get lost. They will be reported and banned sooner than they used to be, thanks to the efforts of today's batch of retards.

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 13:36:55

batty, did you read the thread ? If so did it not trouble you ?

Elegran Wed 05-Dec-18 13:44:58

And, Oldbatty, have you read all of THIS current thread? Not all new posters (or old ones) are nice old ladies with problem families, just as not all of the people on the bus are nice either. There has been a recent spate of "joke" posts (not very funny and some really nasty) The bad apples make it difficult for the real newbies.

lemongrove Wed 05-Dec-18 13:45:08

Ah, the phone call from ‘ Mother’....I did wonder about that thread.
However, since a friend had weird phone calls ( from a distant family member) it was possible that someone had really pulled a cruel prank to the OP.
There are some very sick people out there.

merlotgran Wed 05-Dec-18 14:00:53

I wondered about that thread as well even though I posted a 'sensible' reply.

I'll go with my gut instinct in future. I can't afford to waste any words of wisdom at my age. grin

Anniebach Wed 05-Dec-18 14:08:41

I feel a fool, I read it, believed it, replied and got realy upset someone had been so badly hurt

Jalima1108 Wed 05-Dec-18 14:21:31

but I did suggest to a poster yesterday that she should buy her grandchildren a onesie each and let them enjoy Christmas with their parents!
I suggested that on a thread too and I think it was another thread grannya

Perhaps 'onesie' could be the alarm call?

I'd just like to point out too, that if you have an internet problem or email account problem, you can't re-register with your original name, you have to add a number or alter it slightly.

Grandmashe43 Wed 05-Dec-18 14:27:40

I fell for it, troubled me, he needs a good kick up the arse, and too get out more, nasty little sod.

Jalima1108 Wed 05-Dec-18 14:27:53

where upon they are allowed to talk about cake mix and Strictly
You missed out knitting oldbatty
Even more important than dancing and cakes.
IMO only, of course!

Jalima1108 Wed 05-Dec-18 14:31:03

I didn't twig on either Anniebach and I have a suspicious mind.
Having had experience of sorting out strange phone calls on behalf of an elderly relative I took it at face value.

BlueBelle Wed 05-Dec-18 14:35:15

Just an update I ve heard from GN this morning and the three posters I reported were posters who had been previously banned and have been deleted again, (however I suppose there is nothing stopping them coming back under another name) so whilst not acting too quickly and hurting a genuine poster we need to all be aware these ‘jokers’ are around and keep being aware

Chewbacca Wed 05-Dec-18 14:37:58

I fell for it and posted to say how awful such a thing was. But we shouldn't be feeling bad about having believed his story; its because we're decent empathetic people that we all rushed to commiserate with him. Its him that's got some serious mental health problems and is to be pitied. Imagine being so lonely and sick in the head that the only place you have to go is an anonymous forum for elderly people.

janeainsworth Wed 05-Dec-18 14:39:55

Well done bluebelle.
It’s hard to find the right balance between expressing concern for a genuine poster and being taken in by the ‘jokers’.
Perhaps this thread will put them off for a while.

Jalima1108 Wed 05-Dec-18 14:40:39

Yes, well done Bluebelle

janeainsworth Wed 05-Dec-18 14:42:38

Sorry chewbacca but having been on the receiving end of a phone call during which the caller was probably doing what GF was doing, I have no sympathy at all.

MawBroon Wed 05-Dec-18 14:59:01

The “Oranges” thread has also gone
Another one bites the dust?
GCSE mocks study leave?

Jalima1108 Wed 05-Dec-18 15:02:28

I was quite enjoying the oranges one!

BlueBelle Wed 05-Dec-18 15:02:42

Just to let you know the posters I reported were Yourdadisgay who posted about being too attached to her grandchildren The post has been deleted and the poster banned Yourmumisgay and Granjesus whose thread was Computer virus ( got rude) banned and deleted
Who was the poster with the phone call from hell I did wonder about that one but gave them the benefit of the doubt Nasty bugger?
I ll probably get this post deleted because I ve named the posters but if they ve been banned shouldn’t be a problem
Keep your eyes open as no doubt they ll come back under new names for round 2

Jalima1108 Wed 05-Dec-18 15:04:28

^round 2

And - in the red corner - a group of gransnetters, boxing gloves at the ready

Elegran Wed 05-Dec-18 15:09:28

Bluebelle That was GrannyFoxton. However they will all have new names when/if they try again.