Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy Bargy madness, come right in! ??

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 13-Dec-18 21:29:37

Ah, another year’s lease, wonderful!
Leave your worries at the door and put your feet up.

Buffybee Thu 07-Feb-19 20:36:44

Well...... It's all coming out now, isn't it?
You leave us lot managing the Argy in the freezing snow and blizzards we had last week my feet are still full of chillblains
while you frollick in the sun with Miguel and Doodle frolicking with Big Jim as well must admit, not as jealous of that, to be fair
I deserve a large poteen, to get over my jealousy.....

Doodle Thu 07-Feb-19 23:07:51

Sorry buffy ? I didn’t know it was going to snow. Just thought if lemon was off on hols I’d go too. I did bring you back a stick of rock ?.........but I ate it ?. You can have the rest of this piece of humbug I just found in my coat pocket if you like...I’ll just wipe the hairs off it ...I think one of the ferrets has been nibbling it ?

Buffybee Thu 07-Feb-19 23:56:26

Thanks Doodle!
I forgive you!
Here! ?Have a poteen cocktail to welcome you home! ?

Doodle Fri 08-Feb-19 21:51:33

Hic! Jus wot I needed. Luverly ??

lemongrove Mon 11-Feb-19 08:40:39

Am starting a fitness regime!
Have bought a fitbit, some trainers with go faster stripes, and whaddya think of my tight purple lycra running gear?
Fancy, eh? Well, one does want to look attractive when pounding the streets, shall I give you a twirl?

lemongrove Mon 11-Feb-19 08:43:12

I’ll just have a half of carrot juice with a shot of tequila in it this morning, then a two mile run and back to clean the bar area and bake some lentil scones, see ya! ??‍♀️

Doodle Mon 11-Feb-19 21:34:05

lemon I just did a double take at your first post. I thought you said you had bought a rabbit! ? blush

Doodle Mon 11-Feb-19 21:35:07

Then you said something about carrot juice so....

Menopaws Mon 11-Feb-19 21:53:26

At least you will see in the dark when u stagger home Lemon albeit cross eyed!

lemongrove Sat 16-Feb-19 16:30:54

grin
Right! Pints of poteen now all set up on the bar for the crowds over from the dark thread/light thread.......and just in time, here they come now through the door!
Amazing what some will do for a free pint, .....wait!! Get your hands off Thor Buffy and start serving those old slices of cold haggis and lentil pasties.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:37:33

Have you got a free bar stool? I shall need someone to give me a leg up as I am only 5'2" with a dodgy back!!!

Hopefully the potential will help with the pain and my battered virtual self.

PECS Sat 16-Feb-19 16:41:50

Knock knock… blush is my offering of Silent Pool sufficient to get through the door? I might need a bar stool too..5'2" and a dodgy back to GG13 I use a shooting stick to rest on when out .. people are rude in the booze aisle in Lidl when I stop to peruse the offers.

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:42:03

a fitbit, running gear, trainers, lentil scones?
Have I come to the right place? shock

I just want a pint of poteen please, none of your healthy stuff today!

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:43:37

people are rude in the booze aisle in Lidl when I stop to peruse the offers.
It's shocking, isn't it! The man was stocking up the booze aisle in our Lidl but couldn't keep up with the customers!

Then some woman grabbed the last bottle of tequila right from under my nose!

lemongrove Sat 16-Feb-19 16:48:38

Help yourselves....Thor ( our new Icelandic toned and oiled barman) will be serving you today ( he served Marydoll yesterday, he isn’t fussy.)?
The poteen with a whisky chaser is on the house, we have many comfy saggy chairs, no need to climb on the bar stools ladies.
Watch out for the Admiral, he’s a bottom pincher, and please don’t feed the ferrets.
Take your stillettos off, loosen your corsets and enjoy yourselves!

Buffybee Sat 16-Feb-19 19:44:30

Ahhhhhhh! So nice to be back in the Argy!
I've done my stint on the bar and all the sliced Haggis and lentil pasties have been sold.
Slide that free pint over her Thor, you gorgeous hunk of manliness! ?

Buffybee Sat 16-Feb-19 19:48:53

Shove over Grannygravy, PECS and Jalima, while I kick off. my white stilettos and release the bra. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers mi dears!!!!

Doodle Sat 16-Feb-19 20:01:46

Oh Jamila so sorry didn’t realise it was you. I just love tequila. Here come and sit next to me and we can share it ? by the way, the scones aren’t really lentil. We make them from........some other substance..nudge, nudge, wink, wink ?
Here you are granygravy a pint of lemon’s best poteen (well actually her poteen is always the same.....lethal ?)
Come on PECS sit with the rest of us. poteens all round buffy, make room for the newbies. You’re not at home now you know .....oh actually you are...ok then. Shove up everyone. Down the hatch ????????

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 20:07:09

Shove up a bit Doodle - does my bum look big today?

I like a nudge nudge wink wink scone (pronounced like stone and not gone btw!!).

Actually, being rather posh (pronounced poesh) I would rather have a G&cranberry juice, with a few cranberries floating in it!!
I know how to make a gin cocktail d'you know! I went on the course!

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 20:08:04

Thor
I know a story about him - shall I tell?

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 20:09:49

The Thunder God went for a ride
Upon his favourite filly
"I'M THOR", he cried
His horse replied,
"You forgot your thaddle, thilly".

Buffybee Sat 16-Feb-19 20:13:06

Tell, tell, tell, tell.........!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??

Doodle Sat 16-Feb-19 20:15:26

Oh jamila entertainment! Thank you so much. Been missing into Argy for quite a while since the ferrets did that thing...no best not mention that. Gin cocktail, don’t mind if I do .....or is that just your excuse to get behind the bar with Thor ?

Buffybee Sat 16-Feb-19 20:16:30

Haha haha! Love it Jalima!
We love a bit of entertainment at the Argy!
Doodle might give us a bit of Belly Dancing later after a few teqillas.

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 20:17:18

Ooh no, I am not keen on a man who has been oiled.

Too slippery for my liking
I prefer a muddy male rugby

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion