Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy Bargy madness, come right in! ??

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 13-Dec-18 21:29:37

Ah, another year’s lease, wonderful!
Leave your worries at the door and put your feet up.

Doodle Tue 01-Jan-19 17:19:14

Aching head!!!! With what you’ve got going on inside you marydoll I would have thought your head was the least of your worries.
I have decided to be teetotal until after the birth. Someone has to be around to make sure marydoll and the little ones get the care they need ??? please hurry up and deliver soon mary I’m in urgent need of alcohol ? .

lemongrove Tue 01-Jan-19 17:29:00

Right! All sign up for the cleaning rota, this bar is in need of some serious tlc with a bucket of disinfectant.
Thor looks a bit worse for wear I must say, and Trev hasn’t even come into work today!
Big Jim, loyal as ever, is hard at work in the cellar with Doodle ( I was surprised that she offered to help him, and they have been down there a long time) such dedication is marvellous.
Soop has been in with some leftover haggis and neeps and tatties ( if anyone can face them?)

soop Tue 01-Jan-19 18:07:58

Okay, you did invite me. I feel duty bound to pop in for a wee dram and an in date packet of your best pork scratchings. I promise not to dilly dally. Just wanted to wish you lot a happy year ahead from us lot in the kitchen. Be gentle with Big Jim. He's had a hard time lately. ?

lemongrove Tue 01-Jan-19 19:40:44

Thank you Soop and our felicitations to you lot in the kitchen. smile
Yes, poor Big Jim, he thinks he is the ‘father’ of all the new babies that Marydoll is ‘expecting’ but little does he know....
There’s a lessson to be learned about sitting on Santa’s knee in an Edinburgh dept store!

Buffybee Tue 01-Jan-19 19:43:16

Oh! Welcome soop, you've caught us at a bad time, we're knee deep in party poppers, streamers, flacid balloons and empty bottles of Poteen.
Please sit down scrapes something unmentionable off the stool
Thor a large Single Malt for our guest, and find some Pork Scratchings, there might be some under the Ferret nest in the cellar.
Lovely! simper Here's the Admiral to introduce himself slaps his hand away as he tries to grope soops bottom.

soop Tue 01-Jan-19 19:59:17

Well, well, well and all that jazz. Since you're all being insistent, I'll join you lot in a quick pint of your infamous poteen. Just the one. I wish to be decorus (can't spell at this late hour), at a decent hour tomorrow. Our lot are familiar with a proper refined moi. Hic, and many more good wishes. Thanks for your hispality...woteva. ?

Menopaws Tue 01-Jan-19 20:05:50

So I've missed all the fun being on my deathbed and not one of you has asked where I am, you haven't even looked in the cellar where I normally get locked in. Anyway I know by the scratch marks on the door that you have been trying to open the secret understairs cupboard but I have the key in my drawers (!) so if you want it I want a large pint of mulled poteen on the house first please

lemongrove Tue 01-Jan-19 20:09:12

We did miss you Meno but imagined you had gone off with Maureese, since he is missing as well!
Welcome back, here’s a new hot batch of poteen, still steaming, let me just sieve the potato peelings out of it first as you are feeling delicate.

Buffybee Tue 01-Jan-19 20:17:02

Someone rescue Soop, she's been caught up in the middle of a Conga Line and looking a bit worse for wear.
We'll get Thor to throw her over his shoulder and make sure she gets back to the Kitchen.
Someone needs to catch her first though!
What a minx!

Chewbacca Tue 01-Jan-19 20:19:28

Can I have some more of that very nice remedial herbal tea please? I'm in work in the morning and will need to have a clear head, so herbal tea it is.....

Jalima1108 Tue 01-Jan-19 20:20:56

I made a trifle with the leftover cake from soop's - plenty of poteen alcohol in it - so enjoy!
There are raspberries from my very own garden in there too - one of your five a day, eat up, it's really good for you!

Jalima1108 Tue 01-Jan-19 20:21:37

that herbal tea makes you feel a bit giddy, then you get a headache …..
Smells lovely though.

Buffybee Tue 01-Jan-19 20:23:04

Oh just in time Meno!
We've got all this clearing up and disinfecting to do.
I'll join you in a hot Poteen first though!
We heard you'd gone off to Capri with Mauressse but if you want to pretend you've been ill. Fine!

Jalima1108 Tue 01-Jan-19 20:24:02

We've got all this clearing up and disinfecting to do.
Lovely to have met you all, Bye bye!!

Buffybee Tue 01-Jan-19 20:26:15

Herbal tea for Chewy coming up brew.
You need to keep a clear head if you're back at the coal face in the morning!

Menopaws Tue 01-Jan-19 20:32:37

Such spoilsports Lemon and Buffy, my 'tan' is an erm..side effect of my flu medicine I'll have you know.

Marydoll Tue 01-Jan-19 20:34:22

Ladieeeees, as the birth may be imminent, I think we need to begin to pick names for the 20 offspring who are due. ?
I'm not feeling too good and have a great desire to make a comfy corner in the cellar.

Santa seems to have done a runner back to Lapland, but as it was the fragrant Soop, who introduced me to him in Edinburgh, I think she has to take some responsibilty.

I hear she has been lurking outside the Argy. Don't be fooled by that Little Miss Innocent act . I do believe she has HISTORY! wink
I could tell you a thing or two about her.
Why do you think she is called Soop, by those close to her? Always in the SOUP! grin

lemongrove Tue 01-Jan-19 20:34:51

Of course it is! We believe you ( thousands wouldn’t) wink

lemongrove Tue 01-Jan-19 20:36:55

Yes, go make your nest in the cellar Mary and give us a shout when the little shavers emerge.

Menopaws Tue 01-Jan-19 20:39:35

Changing the subject.
Marydoll the first nine have got to be Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen and Rudolph.

Chewbacca Tue 01-Jan-19 20:40:45

It's a pity that Marydoll isn't having 26 isn't it? We could name them alphabetically. Anything you can do to help with this Marydoll? hmm

soop Tue 01-Jan-19 20:42:06

Marydoll and there I was thinking woz pals. Oh dear! How will I ever earn the respect of the lovely ladies in the kitchen? The mind boggles! Yay! Knees up Mother Brown...

Chewbacca Tue 01-Jan-19 20:43:49

Have a cup of my herbal tea soop; its ever so relaxing!

Marydoll Tue 01-Jan-19 20:44:32

I though we could call the first one, Adonis. As I'm so gorgeous, my offspring can be nothing else but gorgeous.

I have very fond memories of a stripper in the Old Argie, who was called Adonis. He was a god! I feel quite faint, thinking of him. blush

Chewbacca Tue 01-Jan-19 20:45:35

Oooo you are a strumpet Marydoll!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion