Gransnet forums

Chat

“Are you sure you want to delete?”

(50 Posts)
littleflo Tue 12-Feb-19 10:49:26

When clearing out emails, sent items or Spam, the above message always appears. It set me thinking that, if only life was that easy. You could just press a button and something will disappear for ever from your life.

I wonder what button others would press. Mine would be the people who, despite there being seats available, insist on standing in the doorwell on buses.

PRESS DELETE and instead of waiting for it to slowly dawn on them that having pressed the bell and standing in the doorway I want to get off, they will instantly vaporise.

shysal Tue 12-Feb-19 11:36:11

I would love my controlling ex son-in-law to be deleted!

M0nica Tue 12-Feb-19 11:51:36

People who book seats on trains and then never turn up for them.

ninathenana Tue 12-Feb-19 11:52:53

Can I delete a couple of stone from my body instantly rather than dieting please.
Failing that a few hundred pot holes would do.

Anja Tue 12-Feb-19 12:12:34

Deleting seems a bit of an overkill. Could we perhaps take a leaf out of FB and just snooze them for 30 days instead?

Anja Tue 12-Feb-19 12:13:01

On second thoughts I do have a contender...

EllanVannin Tue 12-Feb-19 12:36:29

shysal----careful what you wish for,hahahaha. Ex SIL of mine had a heart attack on Boxing Day and ended up having a triple by-pass. Couldn't have happened to a nicer man ! Phooey. He was controlling too to my long-suffering D, who it took years before she realised.
And he owes me thousands £'sss, so I'd like to delete his bank account !

trisher Tue 12-Feb-19 13:09:35

When I read the first paragraph, having just been to a funeral where details of the deceased's life were run through, I thought it meant what would I delete in my past. There are a few incidents I would prefer not to be broadcast when I'm gone!
As for now please can I delete those people who seem to think they can push in front of you in a queue and you won't mind because you are older and have all this time to waste, regardless of the fact that you have GCs to pick up!

Bathsheba Tue 12-Feb-19 13:19:58

There are one or two people I would love to delete - one of the joint owners of the business my daughter works for, for one. Gosh what I wouldn't give to see her vanish in a puff of smoke. Probably the biggest bitch I've ever come across, she makes it her mission to be just about as nasty as she can be, never satisfied until she's reduced grown women to tears angry
My daughter has learnt not to give her the satisfaction of seeing her upset, and barely acknowledges her presence when she pops in for one of her regular rants (usually when the manager is on leave so she's got all the staff on the back foot). A thoroughly nasty piece of work, someone whose downfall I would witness with undisguised glee.

EllanVannin Tue 12-Feb-19 14:17:48

Bathsheba how absolutely awful for your daughter. I'd be beside myself at the thought of her having to endure that.
You wouldn't believe people could be so obnoxious this day and age with good business people at a premium. You'd think they'd go all out to make sure the staff were happy in their work.

sodapop Tue 12-Feb-19 15:23:39

I'm with you ninathenana deleting extra weight would be excellent. No need to give up chocolate smile

Bathsheba Tue 12-Feb-19 15:35:12

EllanVannin yes I do get very angry, and have to zip my lips when I see this woman (there's so much I'd like to say to her!). But at least she isn't there all the time, she only comes in, has a rant, and leaves - then the staff get on with the very good job they are doing.
I know there've been times my daughter's wanted to throw in the towel and storm out, but the only person who'd suffer then would be her, as jobs are not exactly ten a penny round here. But thankfully she knows how to handle the situation - as long as she keeps doing a good job there's nothing the woman can do. They've lost lots of staff over the years and have been threatened with tribunals. Some people find it hard to learn, it seems hmm

grandMattie Wed 13-Feb-19 10:01:31

I would like my son's impossible, vicious, spiteful, toxic, ex-girlfriend to vaporise. She triggers endless problems, even though they don't have children or shared a house - she caused him to have a nervous breakdown, then rocks the boat just as he crawls out from the hole she put him in! Grrr.....

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-Feb-19 10:05:39

I would like to delete my my asthma which I have had since a baby.

bikergran Wed 13-Feb-19 10:10:50

mine too !! shysal

okimherenow Wed 13-Feb-19 10:14:10

Not a person or an incident but I’d sure like to delete even the thought of brexit....

annodomini Wed 13-Feb-19 10:14:49

I would like to delete Brexit.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Wed 13-Feb-19 10:19:26

Can I have multiple presses of the delete button please? First world be the similarly nasty bitch descrubed by Bethsheba of a manager whose bullying caused me to leave and have to take retirement early because of her behaviour. Second would be 'blind' drivers who neither look what's round them or use their indicators- one such nearly took me out on my motorcycle last week by cutting across into my lane without indicating or apparently being aware I was already in that piece of the road! Almost cut my retirement short!!!

Miep1 Wed 13-Feb-19 10:19:56

I'd delete my 2 ex-husbands. Then I'd really enjoy myself deleting my stepmother; maybe then I would get my hands on all the things collected my my mother and father before they both died. My father left everything to her in a will made while he was dying, with the proviso that she would know what to do. She took the flaming lot, gave me - his only child £20 and told me to get lost!

Annaram1 Wed 13-Feb-19 10:21:54

GrannyGravy, I am the same as you, have had asthma for over 70 years and been on many different treatments over that time. But we must be grateful that we are still here and have lived to see so much and have had families. Poor people in the past really suffered, I believe one of the Royal Family, possibly the King, had funny advice such as putting his hands in bowls of hot and then cold water. This was about 200 years ago. Still lived to be 84. What I dislike most is never having had the energy and ability that others have, to take part in strenuous activities such as sport. It was important at school.
Would also like to delete my bad knee!

Kim19 Wed 13-Feb-19 10:22:55

I would delete my husband's death.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 13-Feb-19 10:36:57

I would like to delete all those awful things I've said and done - you know those memories which sometimes keep you awake at night?
Also my husband's death and my fall down the stairs. My sister's husband and dog's health problems.

TwiceAsNice Wed 13-Feb-19 10:44:17

I would delete my ex husband with a sigh of relief that he could never find me again

Beilas Wed 13-Feb-19 10:51:43

yes GrannyGravy 13 and the other ‘asthma’ ladies - i too have had it since 3yrs old - am amazed i’ve just got to 72 ! Somehow it seems to make each day, now i’m older, feel much more precious. Thank heavens for all the medicines that help to control it. I send you all my love. ???

inishowen Wed 13-Feb-19 10:57:47

I would like to delete the plane journey to Lanzarote. We will be travelling with four grandchildren, aged from 18 months to seven. I wish we could just be at the pool instantly.