Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(29 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Apr-19 06:19:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Last minute packing before I head off on my mystery weekend , to what I have worked out as Bournemouth.
Will be back on Tuesday , so deputy step in again.
Mick

NanKate Sat 20-Apr-19 06:51:47

Morning Mick and All.

Have a great time in Bournemouth Mick. I am sure we will keep things shipshape for you until your return.

The DGSs are leaving today after an action packed holiday with us, we are jiggered beyond belief but they are still smiling. Luckily we are off to Dorset on Wednesday to recover.

Enjoy the lovely Easter weather.

Gagagran Sat 20-Apr-19 06:58:10

Good Morning Mick, Kate and everyone from a lovely sunny south coast. You should have super weather in Bournemouth Mick but I bet it will be very busy.

We saw the glorious bluebells yesterday - what a sight they are in woodland. Beautiful.

DH is out with his bike club today and I have to collect some shoes from the local cobbler and visit the Easter Art Exhibition in the Community Centre. I might even buy a piece if I see one I like.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

Greyduster Sat 20-Apr-19 07:15:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire. We had a busy day with family yesterday so today will be a day of pottering around in the garden, and light eating! Enjoy Bournemouth Mick; I’ve never been there, but the south coast is on our to do list! Have a good day folks.

1inamillion Sat 20-Apr-19 07:15:41

Good Morning from a beautiful, sunny S Welsh coast.

Enjoy your weekend Micck and everyone in this glorious weather.
Morning * NanKate* and Gaga

dragonfly46 Sat 20-Apr-19 07:28:10

Good morning from a sunny Leicestershire. Had a lovely day yesterday at Belvoir Castle and Woolsthorpe Manor, the home of Isaac Newton.

Hope you enjoy your trip Mick.

aggie Sat 20-Apr-19 07:31:56

Good Morning All , lovely sunny view here from my Kitchen of a new Cherry tree we planted recently , it is labelled as being white but it looks very pink to me !

kittylester Sat 20-Apr-19 07:33:18

Morning all from a very bright North Leicestershire.

Enjoy Bournemouth Mick, I used to go there with my grandparents and we took DD3 to look at the university. She didn't like it as it was too far from home.

We have a family photo shoot today at a local beauty spot!! It was a present from the children for my 70th birthday.

cornergran Sat 20-Apr-19 07:40:18

Morning Mick, morning All from our sunny corner of Somerset. Motorway fairy was indeed kind to us yesterday, a busy, enjoyable day but boy do I ache today. Sea front on the bus later, heading for an always quiet spot. Best smile today kitty, enjoy Bournemouth Mick, it’s a place we visit regularly. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Sat 20-Apr-19 07:43:51

Good morning all, from a positively tropical Glasgow (DH forgot to adjust the heating. ?), it's rather warm in our house this morning.

As I blundered about, trying to fix the heating, I forgot to switch off the alarm!! It turns out my phone sends very vocal alerts that we have an intruder, (I didn't know that!). DH was still sleeping, but between the phone alert and a loud siren type noise, he is not anymore!! grin

An easy day for me, my new meds are making me a bit woozy, but there is plenty to do in the garden, so I shall just potter.
Enjoy your trip Mick, see how many ladies in beige cardigans, you can spot! That should keep Rufus happy! grin and have a good day everyone.

Sara65 Sat 20-Apr-19 07:50:04

Grandchildren left yesterday, following some lovely outings in glorious weather.
Today the great clean up begins!

Susan56 Sat 20-Apr-19 07:51:10

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.
We are spending the morning with mum,DD2,SIL and B before DD2 and her little family head home after lunch.My niece arrives this evening.Its quite exhausting but lovely having all these visitors!
Mick enjoy your break.Mary,I did chuckle at the thought of your husbands very noisy awakening.
Kitty,what a lovely day for a photo shoot.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Sat 20-Apr-19 08:02:35

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I am breaking out the factor 30 for a BBQ at DD1's.

Urmstongran Sat 20-Apr-19 08:12:42

Good morning everyone from a cool sunless Malaga! The U.K. is forecast better weather than us today which is lovely for everyone enjoying a bank holiday weekend. I’m off to the hair salon in an hour to get my highlights done.

Hope everybody has a good Saturday whatever your plans or none. x

oldgaijin Sat 20-Apr-19 08:13:15

Good morning from a bright, almost sunny Aberdeenshire...it will be once the haar has cleared. The mutt is still asleep...no wonder. Yesterday's antics included a mega chase over the golf course with three other pals, Pixie the shitzu love of his life, a pug/spaniel cross and a lurcher. Hilarious to watch and he outran them all! The same in the afternoon, but with different pals in the park. I don't know where the energy comes from.
It's a pottering day so might sit outside with a good book and watch the World go by.
Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 20-Apr-19 08:17:57

Good morning from a very sunny and warm South Yorkshire.

Going to church soon to help with the flowers - I hope they know what they’ve let themselves in for!!

We had another productive day in the garden yesterday, getting rid of some plants that were past their best and moving bulbs out of a collapsing wooden container into the ground and another pot. I’m not sure if that was the right thing to do regarding the bulbs (daffs), but they’ve got two chances.

Not sure what we will be doing this afternoon yet. A wait and see approach, I think.

Hope you all enjoy this gorgeous Saturday. ?

gillybob Sat 20-Apr-19 08:19:41

Good morning from the NE coast . It started out a bit cloudy but the sun is just breaking through for what promises to be a lovely day. I had quite a productive day yesterday and decided to completely empty our garden shed and give it a much needed clean and sort. I think we must’ve had some little visitors over the winter as a tub of old gardening gloves was a tub of rags and tatters ! It’s all properly organised again now. This morning I am taking my dad for a top up shop (how much shopping can one man need?) and then hoping to just potter in the garden....heaven.

I hope you enjoy your mystery trip Mick and that you have got your destination correct. I think you will need your trip to Dorset to recover from your action packed holiday with the DGS NanKate.
It’s warm in Gillybob towers too Marydoll the heating came on as normal and I’ve been roasting . Must adjust it for tomorrow as I hate being overheated.

Enjoy your visitors Susan56 and enjoy the peace when they have all gone wink

Hope everyone has a great Saturday (I woke up thinking it was Sunday so I’m feeling quite pleased that it isn’t ) x

Brunette10 Sat 20-Apr-19 08:21:39

Good Morning from a sunny Fife once again. Had wonderful Easter Egg Hunt yesterday with DGS’s + DD and DH. Worth the effort. Buffet lunch also good. Today DH and I will have a quieter day intending going out for a nice run perhaps to Perth area. Hope you are settled now Mary after your antics this morning smile. Hope today is good to everyone, enjoy.

DoraMarr Sat 20-Apr-19 08:21:58

Good morning from a bright and sunny Birmingham. I managed to clear two black sacks of rubbish from my balcony yesterday, and have more to do today, including potting some Plants. My prodigal son is coming for lunch, so we might wander over to the park cafe.
Have a good day, everyone.

Grammaretto Sat 20-Apr-19 08:22:14

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is fast warming up.
After our week away almost all the seeds have sprouted in the greenhouse. But I forgot to ask for the outdoor pots to be watered assuming there would be rain.
We're off to gt grandpa's birthday lunch later after I've baked a cake and hung out the washing.
Back to normal.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

harrigran Sat 20-Apr-19 08:25:20

Good morning from a bright NE, weather looks promising.
Lunch out with family to celebrate DD's birthday which was last month, she was unable to visit the UK on the actual day.
Cake and champagne back here and Easter eggs for the children.

NannyJan53 Sat 20-Apr-19 08:28:45

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

We are off on the train later to spend some time in Worcester, should be lovely by the river today.

Had just come downstairs when there was a loud knock. It was the postman with a parcel. A birthday present for DGD I had ordered. If partner was asleep, he isn't now! Same rude awakening as Mr Mary Doll!

Enjoy your trip Mick
It's going to be a lovely day for your photoshoot kitty!

Kalu Sat 20-Apr-19 08:49:57

Good morning from yet another sunny day in Perthshire?

Couldn’t believe I had to hunt out my shorts yesterday when a few days ago I was still wearing my thermal vest?

A day of faffing and pottering about for us today starting off with having my morning coffee in the garden. Bliss

What a blooming liability you are Marydoll ?. I shouldn’t laugh as I have on occasion shot my BP through the roof whenever I forget to switch off the alarm as I sleepily make my way downstairs. Hope once your meds settle in they give you the relief you need?

Enjoy your days away from ‘that place’ Gilly.

Perth was pretty busy yesterday Brunette but always worth a visit. Enjoy your day out.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day

Harris27 Sat 20-Apr-19 08:50:38

Good morning from a sunnyNE. Going to seahouses for fish and chips and a wander. Hubby has day off which is good. Enjoy Easter everyone go easy on the eggs.?

Anniebach Sat 20-Apr-19 08:58:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sunshine in Powys.

Hope everyone has a good day x