Good Morning Easter Bank Holiday Monday

(41 Posts)
NanKate Mon 22-Apr-19 06:52:57

Morning Folks.

Gagagran Mon 22-Apr-19 06:57:08

Snap Kate!

NanKate Mon 22-Apr-19 06:58:08

Morning All.

As Mick is still on his holiday in Bournemouth I have started the thread.

Off to the Garden Centre to collect a rather nice hooded coat for the cooler days which was in the sale. I do like a bargain.

Buying a plant for our holiday hostess (we leave tomorrow for a short hols in Dorset). She changed our holiday dates for us without any fuss so that we can attend the funeral of my friend’s 44 year old son next Monday. A sad event.

Hope you all enjoy your day. This could be our last day of lovely weather.

NanKate Mon 22-Apr-19 06:59:22

Great minds Gaga ?

kittylester Mon 22-Apr-19 07:01:07

Morning both!!

It's a glorious day in North Leicestershire and I have a totally free day!!! I also have the worst cold I can ever remember ber. How does that happen?

NanKate Mon 22-Apr-19 07:04:47

Poor you Kitty put your feet up with your IPad and a hot toddy and relax. I will send Dr Kildare round later. ?‍⚕️

dragonfly46 Mon 22-Apr-19 07:05:32

Good morning all.

So sad to hear of your friends son NanKate.

Hope you feel better soon kitty.

Pittcity Mon 22-Apr-19 07:20:55

Good morning from sunny Colchester. My hayfever has kicked in as DH insists on sleeping with the windows open....now where's the antihistamines?

Susan56 Mon 22-Apr-19 07:28:37

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.The last of our visitors leave this morning then the big clear up begins.Miss them all though.
So sorry to hear about your friends son Nankate.
Hope you feel better after a quiet day kitty and that you find the antihistamines Pittcity.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 22-Apr-19 08:02:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Promises to be another gorgeous day. I could get used to this...
Catching up with emails over coffee.
The demands of daily life will begin soon enough but I love not hearing the sound of traffic for once and just the birdsong.
Have as good a day as you can everyone

Justme67 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:09:00

Good morning to you all, a little overcast here, but the sun is just about making itself known. Daughter and son in law coming today, a lovely day with my son (and his casserole!) yesterday. Another lazy day for me, I must at some point get up and running (running?) Enjoy your days.

Urmstongran Mon 22-Apr-19 08:11:43

Good morning everyone from a dull Malaga. Never mind, it’s warm and I’m meeting my ladies for wine and chat this afternoon! There will be 6 of us today so there will be lots of laughter so we shan’t miss the sun particularly. I love Mondays here!
?

Hope everybody has a good day whether plans or none. x

Nannytopsy Mon 22-Apr-19 08:15:49

Morning all from Kent. Had a lovely day yesterday with DD and will go home later today. First we are going to a garden centre and maybe a vet as her dog was very unwell yesterday. ?

NannyJan53 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:16:28

Good Morning from a gloriously sunny Black Country.

DIY today, painting, and going to try and choose tiles for the kitchen, and gardening!

So sorry to hear about your friends son NanKate so young.

Hope you feel better soon kitty I started with one last week, but luckily only lasted a couple of days.

Have a good day everyone

Marydoll Mon 22-Apr-19 08:17:20

Good morning Kate and all!

A beautiful morning here in Glasgow and I have a FREE day, I hope.grin
I am so looking forward to a day in the garden, pottering and tidying.

Yesterday's free ended up with us having DGD for a few hours and then taking her back to DS's, where he had prepared a barbecue for us. We had a lovely afternoon.
I went up with the family's Easter eggs, to find no-one at home, so I went looking for them at the park, where I found a hot, tired and grumpy wee girl on her trike.

Mum and dad, were also hot and frazzled, as they had not brought the car and were dreading the walk home!
We are not used to this weather in Glasgow. smile
Gran to the rescue and papa was delighted when I unexpectedly appeared with his best girl to give them a break.

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son.

Poor Kitty, I hope you feel better soon.

Enjoy your day everyone.

oldgaijin Mon 22-Apr-19 08:17:42

Good morning from a bright, sunny Aberdeenshire.
Saw a great little film last night, 'Fishermen's Friends', a heart warming story about the singing fishermen of Port Isaac.
The mutt is going for a posh groom today...he will hate me for a week. Then garden centre on the way home to use some garden tokens to buy holiday 'bargains', Think I'll get something for tea in M&S food so it will be an easy, cook free day
Had video call from family yesterday in Singapore and my daughter has pneumonia...she can't sleep for coughing and if the air con is on it makes it worse. If the air con is off, it's too hot to sleep. She's met lots of dogs in the condo, so the mutt will have plenty of friends to play with.
Have a great Easter Monday!

Harris27 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:19:37

Good morning from a still sunnyNE. Pure bliss this weather dear family came yesterday we had lovely Easter tea and lots of laughs.plenty of reminiscing about our man who we lost three weeks ago. Although she was in a home we did miss her yesterday but have lots of sad and happy memories to keep us going. I am still off work so making the most of my last day of freedom! Apprehensive of going to dentist Thursday as lost filling is now snapped tooth!! Happy Monday all.

NfkDumpling Mon 22-Apr-19 08:20:50

Morning All

A beautiful sunny morning here in the north of Norfolk after a wonderful weekend.

Very hectic with all the family here and GC swopping houses as there’s no longer room for all here now that they’re growing. And I’ve got my iPad back for a couple of minutes before the first child wakes and pinches it again. They’re all exhausted!

gillybob Mon 22-Apr-19 08:24:54

Good morning g from the NE coast. A beautiful sunny start to the day here. I love bank holiday Monday’s because it feels like I’m playing truant from “that place” . We’re looking after our baby granddaughter today and overnight as my DD is working today and tomorrow. The children go back to school tomorrow round here which seems strange but they have been off for 2 weeks and 2 days !

I can’t bear sleeping with the window closed Pittcity and have ours open all year round . It must be hard if you suffer from hay fever though. I hope your cold gets better soon kitty I just can’t seem to shake mine off at all and I’m sick of wheezing and coughing .
So sorry to hear about your friends son NanKate 44 is no age at all. Enjoy your mooch around the Garden Centre and your holiday in Dorset.
Enjoy your wine this afternoon Urmonstongran and the rest of your time in Malaga.

To everyone, I hope you have a good Bank Holiday Monday.....roll on the next one x

1inamillion Mon 22-Apr-19 08:25:04

Good Morning from a sunny but windy S Welsh coast.
Sat in the garden yesterday afternoon,so warm and not a cloud in the sky or a breath of wind, beautiful.
No plans for today, will eat whatever's left in the fridge.

Hope your cold is better soon Kitty
NanKate ?

Greyduster Mon 22-Apr-19 08:32:40

Good morning, Kate and all GNs. Something bit me on my ankle in the garden yesterday and it has been driving me mad all night! Another lovely day here and we were planning to go out for a walk today, but my DS’s Stepson has asked if he and his partner can call in this afternoon for a couple of hours on their way back to Bucks. It will be nice to see them. Other than that, a quiet day. Enjoy it all while it lasts folks.

aggie Mon 22-Apr-19 08:34:10

Good Morning All , another blue sky , as someone has daid , I could get used to this.
The fly screens are in the washing machine , why did we not wash them before putting them away !

Mamo Mon 22-Apr-19 08:35:21

Morning everyone from gloriously sunny Wicklow - we are also enjoying the heatwave in Ireland. Finishing off Kate Atkinson’s A God in Ruins with a cuppa by the open garden door. No sound except birds even beside usually busy road.... bliss! May drop DD to ferry port later as she heads back to London by ferry/train as she’s feeling guilty about air miles! Otherwise will sort through summer clothes to see what fits for work tomorrow. Have a good bank holiday everyone

Mapleleaf Mon 22-Apr-19 08:37:23

Good morning from another glorious morning here in South Yorkshire.

As some of you thought yesterday, the garden centre was closed so we'll go today instead. We came home from our short trip (!) and had a very lazy and enjoyable afternoon in the garden, sipping a presecco. Pure indulgence, but very nice.

After the garden centre today, we plan to go up to the nearby hall gardens for a walk around, then into the church in the grounds which is opening today serving tea and cakes.

I hope your cold soon improves, Kitty.
Sorry to hear about your friends son, Nankate - as others say, far too young. ?

Hope everyone is able to enjoy today.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:39:30

Morning all from a sunny South Notts. A nice quiet day here with no responsibilities.
Get well soon kitty and sympathies kate.
Look after yourselves.