Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Apr-19 06:19:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey /dull start here in Brackley this morning.
Anyway, my mystery weekend , I had it all wrong, it was Eastbourne.
The hotel was close to the pier,
Got there after a stop at Cobham of the M25, where we ere given are intinary.
Browsed a little around Eastbourne , and see the changes which are going on.
Caught the bus to Hastings on Sunday for a few hours before returning to Eastbourne .
Left yesterday in cooler weather.
Mick

Greyduster Tue 23-Apr-19 06:28:30

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you had a good weekend Mick! You were nearly right about the venue anyway! It is grey but not too cold in South Yorkshire. I have a day of ironing and sorting out what we are going to pack to take away at the weekend, so nothing exciting. I also have a cold sore coming on my lip which is giving me grief! Have a good day folks.

cornergran Tue 23-Apr-19 06:35:54

Morning Mick, Greyd and All. Cloudy start in our corner of Somerset. Laundry and admin for me then a trip to the tip, can’t complain as the weekend was active and enjoyable. Sounds a good weekend Mick, cold sores are horrid greyd, I attack them with tea tree, not sure it does any good though. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Sara65 Tue 23-Apr-19 06:46:08

Good morning, a bit dull here in the West Country, hopefully the sun will break through.
Back to work today, can’t decide if it’s back to tights or not!

Beechnut Tue 23-Apr-19 06:46:37

Good Morning all.
You were half right Mick with the ‘bourne’ bit.
It’s dry here.
Swimming and mowing he lawn are the things for me today and anything else that crops up
I hope you all have a good day ?

Beechnut Tue 23-Apr-19 06:48:31

I would go with not sara65

kittylester Tue 23-Apr-19 06:55:01

Morning all from a misty North Leicestershire.

We too had a busy family weekend with lots lovely family time but I have been keeping a cold at bay. It has arrived with a vengeance and I hurt everywhere, can't stop coughing and have the world's worst headache. I am feeling really sorry for myself!

Ginny42 Tue 23-Apr-19 06:57:16

Good morning Mick and all. Glad you enjoyed your weekend trip Mick. It's actually a promising sky here in Cheshire - light cloud and can see blue sky.

Fridge/freezer went with a loud bang over the weekend and I'm nervous about ordering the wrong one to fit in the cabinet. My neighbour offered me the use of one in her summer house which is just a short walk away, but must get on with it today. Fingers crossed I get it right.

Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 23-Apr-19 07:02:09

Morning All

Another lovely morning here in the north of Norfolk but there are high clouds coming.

I’m continuing to reclaim the house after the family descended over the weekend and am collecting DGS from school this afternoon.

I do hope your cold is a short lived one and you feel better soon Kitty. flowers

Sara65 Tue 23-Apr-19 07:02:51

I shall take your advice beechnut!

NanKate Tue 23-Apr-19 07:10:51

Morning Mick and All.

Grey here in South Bucks but should be warming up a bit in an hour or so.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rotten Kitty it sounds more like flu than just a cold. ?

Hope you can get some remedy for your cold sore Grey. Would dabbing it with alcohol help I wonder ?

I’m having an express manicure today before our few days in Dorset tomorrow.

hdh74 Tue 23-Apr-19 07:13:18

Good morning Mick. Eastbourne sounds good fun. Good morning Greyd. Ironing does not sound fun. Good morning Corner, Sara, beechnut, kitty, Ginny and Nfk. Dull and grey in West Yorkshire. DHs birthday today, things have been going awry around here last few days so his birthday hasn't got a plan yet. Just icing a cake while I wait for him to get up and see what he would like to do.

Greyduster Tue 23-Apr-19 07:19:19

NanKate will gin do??. I could be blotto by lunchtime! Kitty I hope you start to feel better soon. I think I am coming out in sympathy!

Brunette10 Tue 23-Apr-19 07:26:28

Good Morning from Fife. It's still nice weather out but I fear a tad cooler than of late. We cannot complain. It's been a glorious Easter Weekend and by sounds of you all it's been a good one too. What a difference the sun makes. Off out this morning with a friend for coffee and catch up. DH off to hospital for check up this afternoon and that's Tuesday. Hope everyone has a good day.

1inamillion Tue 23-Apr-19 07:32:17

Good Morning Mick glad you enjoyed your weekend, Morning all, it is cloudy and cooler here on S Welsh coast.
DH is taking the car for an MOT this morning.

A cold sore is painful Greyd hope it clears soon.
Hope you feel better soon Kitty. Happy Birthday to your DD hdh74.

NannyJan53 Tue 23-Apr-19 07:33:41

Good Morning from a slightly cooler and very cloudy Black Country.

Not a lot planned today, a walk into town and the gym.

Sounds like a good trip Mick and you were lucky with the weather too!

Sorry you are feeling no better Kitty flowers
I hope your cold sore clears soon Greyduster I used to suffer a lot when younger, rarely get them now

Marydoll Tue 23-Apr-19 07:47:02

Good morning all from a hazy Glasgow.

Supermarket shop and and pick up DGD from nursery.
We can't decided whether or not to take her a run down the coast to a lovely garden centre, where there are fish and rabbits. I'm exhausted after clearing out the garage yesterday,

flowers for all, who are under the weather. Enjoy your day.

Urmstongran Tue 23-Apr-19 07:59:20

Good morning everyone from a very wet Malaga. Heavy cloud and mist hanging over the mountains so I think it’s in for the day. I’m glad I saw my lady friends yesterday as I’m not going out in this today!

Hope everybody has a good Tuesday whatever your plans or (like me) none. x

Harris27 Tue 23-Apr-19 07:59:24

Good morning Tuesday! Had lovely weekend back to work today starting later. It's our 42nd wedding anniversary today and I can't believe how the years have flown!!new Radley bag bought ready for the summer so happy with that! Dear husband bought lovely card as well so in good books for the moment!!

Pittcity Tue 23-Apr-19 08:00:17

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. The sun is trying to peep through but it's going to be cooler than the Easter weekend.
I took an antihistamine before bed (I have the 3 a day type) and feel better for it this morning. The change in the weather might have some bearing too.
A bits and bobs day here.

Elizabeth1 Tue 23-Apr-19 08:01:21

Good morning all. After a fortnights working and living with a client who has Alzheimer’s I’m very much looking forward to going home today. Mind you at 98 she’s doing so well for herself. A proud and interesting lady.

aggie Tue 23-Apr-19 08:10:05

Good Morning all , Hazy sunny so far . I might get round to deadheading the mini Daffodils today , they put on a sterling show up to now

DoraMarr Tue 23-Apr-19 08:35:56

Good morning from a rather overcast Birmingham. I had a lovely afternoon at my daughter’s house yesterday, where she had prepared a birthday lunch, with lots of family present. I must go into the city today to buy some books for my grandaughter’s second birthday- that will be a fun outing! I’m going out tonight with friends to a wine bar for yet another birthday celebration.

Kalu Tue 23-Apr-19 08:36:32

Good morning from a now Sunny Glasgow. Pleased to have another sunny day Marydoll?

GD2 (9) is staying with me at home today as her eczema has flaired up and the poor wee thing is itchy and feeling miserable. Oh how I wish we had some magical cure for all sufferers. DD1 plus GP and dermatologist have tried and continue to try every treatment out there. She is happy though to be having a day with Granny.

Two cold sores at the moment Grey Bane of my life but a treatment I now use is Bio Propolis, from my local pharmacy and works well. You have my sympathy.

iPad away for the day now as my little angel will be getting my full attention.

Take it easy today Kitty that sounds like a really nasty cold. Time for R&R with honey and lemon drinks.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day

Nannytopsy Tue 23-Apr-19 08:37:41

Morning! Grey in Leicester but due to improve soon. I find Zovirax is good Grey. Hot toddies for you Kitty!