Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(29 Posts)
12Michael Wed 24-Apr-19 06:14:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but its a grey start here in Brackley also feels cooler this morning.
Small shop then Cycling on TV today.
Mick

Sara65 Wed 24-Apr-19 06:19:52

Morning, dull here in the West Country, not cold though, hope you all have a good day

kittylester Wed 24-Apr-19 06:19:58

Morning mick, morning all.

It's misty in North Leicestershire . I'm doing nothing at all today as I still feel rough.

Nannytopsy Wed 24-Apr-19 06:28:41

I have been awake since silly o’clock so I got up! Washing pegged out, next lot on, coffee made and the cat fed. Start ironing next, I suppose. Hope you improve soon Kitty and all the best to the rest of you early birds.

1inamillion Wed 24-Apr-19 06:55:18

Morning Mick , morning all.
Cooler and cloudy here on S Welsh coast.

Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Wed 24-Apr-19 06:55:42

Morning all! Sorry you are no better kitty - have a duvet day!

We had a light sprinkling of rain here on the south coast earlier and it looks overcast so I think the lovely spell of weather we have enjoyed recently has moved on.

The St George's day parade yesterday was as well attended as ever and we even had a Chelsea Pensioner marching with the veterans. No Regimental band though - disappointing as everyone loves a marching band. I do like a man in uniform!

DH is out with his cycle club today and it's choir this evening for me as we fine tune our concert programme. Only 4 more rehearsals left now.

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

Greyduster Wed 24-Apr-19 07:04:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A cool grey South Yorkshire day with rain expected later. We took advantage of the last of the sun with a walk out yesterday, but I was so full of cold I didn’t enjoy it. Move over Kitty! I hope we both feel better soon. More ironing today so that packing for our holiday can begin, but I think the main thing will be waterproofs!! Have a good day folks.

Ginny42 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:13:11

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a grey sky here in Cheshire. It's cooler out there, but not unpleasant. Sorry you're still unwell Kity take good care of yourself.

New fridge/freezer being delivered today and carpenter booked to come and build a new plinth when the old one is out of the cabinet and disposed of. Bless my neighbours who have one in their summer house and I've been able to trot down the garden for cold milk and butter for breakfast.

Brunette10 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:13:35

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. Kitty/Greyduster not so good you are both feel a bit yuk. It's not nice feeling at all. As suggested a duvet day I think and hope will help. Have DGS's today. DH is back at hospital for further check-ups so will have the two of them on my own for a while, I hope I survive wink. weather is dull and a lot cooler than of late but as forecast. Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

NanKate Wed 24-Apr-19 07:14:48

Morning Mick and All.

I think Kitty and Grey need a day in the Sick Bay just resting. ??

Off to Dorset for a few days. Can’t wait to have my breakfast cooked and to wander along the beach even if it is cooler and damp.

NannyJan53 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:19:07

Good Morning from a much cooler and cloudy Black Country

No real plans again today. Tidy up in garden and a trip to a Nursery to find plants for the pots!

Hope kitty and Grey feel better soon .

Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:29:51

Good morning from Shropshire.A dull start today.
We have to take my mum to a hospital appointment today to find out her treatment plan.Am dreading it.She lives 50 miles away and the hospital is slightly further so the logistics of getting her there while at the same time attending appointments for my husband who is recovering from his accident and awaiting surgery is going to be a nightmare.
Sorry for such a moany post,just dreading the unknown I suppose.
Hope you both feel better kitty and grey and hope your DH’s appointments go well Brunette.

Justme67 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:32:46

Good morning, I am a little earlier today, and hope to get round to see a friend later on, just because I have been promising to do so for some time. Thanks for the information about the Fish and Chip shop winifred01 we always enjoyed just watching the staff, apart from the delicious f & c. Couldn't eat that much now.
I now have some very shallow steps which means I can get to the back of the raised bed in the garden, used to climb that, but not any more. There are however still a lot of things I can eat and and do, so must get on with doing them now. Enjoy your days, and I do hope those who are not feeling well manage to have a comfortable day.

Marydoll Wed 24-Apr-19 07:34:04

Good morning from a cool and cloudy Glasgow.

Sorry you are feeling under the weather Greyd and Kitty.

I had a terrible night's sleep, but have to be out early for an eye test, so that my optomotrist can refer me to the hospital eye clinic.
It seems that the only way he can refer me is by giving me an eye test first, I can't be referred there without it.
The conditions for my one of medications have changed and after five years you can experience retinopathy. I have been on it twenty! A bit late now! confused

We have decided to go out for lunch afterwards, but as I will have eye drops in, I'm not sure if I will be able to see my plate. grin

Brunette, I hope all goes well for your husband at the hospital..

Have a good day, everyone.

cornergran Wed 24-Apr-19 07:35:20

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Looks like the sunshine has deserted us, heavy rain forecast later. Coffee and lunch with a GN friend today then driving Mr C to hospital for a skin biopsy. Look after yourselves kitty, greyd and any other poorly people. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Wed 24-Apr-19 07:45:31

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Another warm, dry day promised.
We may sit outside at our weekly coffee meetup, as we did last week, in the cafe's garden.

DoraMarr Wed 24-Apr-19 07:48:15

Good morningfrom an overcast Birmingham. I’m sorry so many of you are ill, or facing hospital appointments and I hope you have a better day than you thought. I have a free day today, apart from writing class this evening, so I am going to do some reading and some ironing.

Urmstongran Wed 24-Apr-19 07:49:25

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Malaga. The sun keeps popping out between the clouds but there are a lot of them so I don’t think it’s going to be a sunny day. Manchester football derby tonight. Husband supports Utd and the neighbour friend he is going to the sports bar with tonight supports City. I shall go across the road for pizza with friend’s wife as we don’t like football!

Hope all of you who are feeling rough get better soon and those of you with medical appointments for selves or family find the treatment plans are better than you anticipate. x

Grammaretto Wed 24-Apr-19 07:57:00

Good morning all from grey looking Aberdeenshire. I'm on duty today with DGC but slept badly so will not be at my best. Luckily the garden has been fenced since I was here last so they can't run onto the road.
Sorry you're still poorly kitty. Get better wishes to greyd and everyone else who is suffering today.

Mapleleaf Wed 24-Apr-19 07:58:52

Good morning,

An overcast start to the morning here, as Greyduster says. Rain forecast for later this afternoon.

I had a lovely meet up with friends yesterday lunchtime and spent several hours catching up with news. Today, no plans other than possibly planting a few plants this morning before the rain and doing some ironing, although SiL should be calling this evening for an hour or so for a cup of tea and chat, which is always nice.

Hope you both start to feel better soon, Kitty and Greyduster.

Have a good day, everyone.

gillybob Wed 24-Apr-19 08:23:41

A late good morning from the NE coast. It’s feeling much cooler this morning with promises of rain for tomorrow and the weekend, just when we hope to finish DD’s Garden project !

Didn’t sleep very welll at all last night with the feeling of dread returning to “that place” today together with the coughing and wheezing.

It’s awful when you feel split in all directions isn’t it susan56 ? This happened to me yesterday when I had to let DH go alone to an important appointment with the consultant who will be doing his operation. I really should have been with him but I had my baby granddaughter who isn’t well, on an overnight and all day and my 3 older DGC to get to and from school too. I do hope that things fall into place with your mums and DH’s treatments better than you fear.

Well that’s me off ..... have a good Wednesday everyone x

harrigran Wed 24-Apr-19 08:27:35

Good morning, mild but not sunny here in the NE.
Hairdresser coming this morning for my regular trim and blow dry.
DH has lunchtime hospital appointment which means he will be gone hours, commuting to the next city is a pain.
DD flew home yesterday after 10 days in the UK, nice we managed one day together.
Get well soon to all the poorly people.

Harris27 Wed 24-Apr-19 08:33:39

Morning all from a cold NE. Back to work yesterday and increase in room numbers had me drained by 5.30 live the kids but it is a tiring job can't believe I have to work till 66!unless lottery helps me sooner!! Anyway all good today will have tea and toast and on my way day off tomorrow but dread dentist visit with snapped tooth! Enjoy Wednesday!

Annapops Wed 24-Apr-19 08:45:46

Good morning from an overcast County Durham.
Hope all of you feeling unwell find something to cheer you a little today. I know the greyness outside doesn't help.
It's my recovery day today (from child care), don't know how you manage to juggle GC care and work Gilly? You deserve a medal.
Yesterday we took three of them to Raby Castle which was fun with a treasure hunt for them to complete. It was wonderful hearing the 5 year old sounding out words to read the clues. A reminder that they soon grow up and it's time to enjoy them now before the distractions of teenage years click in.
Off to DD's soon as our hairdresser is visiting her house today to work her magic on us both.
Wishing you all a happy day.

Kalu Wed 24-Apr-19 08:57:36

Good morning from just as Marydoll described. Surely that wasn’t summer we just had?

Lots of rest for you both Grey and Kitty

Fingers crossed for good results for those who have hospital visits? It appears we go to more hospital visits than social events nowadays ?

Hope everyone has a pleasant day