Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Apr-19 06:14:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey but misty here in Brackley this morning.
my usual shop early, then banking etc , decide whetyher to venture out as well.
Mick

kittylester Fri 26-Apr-19 06:19:12

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's fairly bright but chilly in North Leicestershire. Yesterday we had spectacular hail showers and thunder.

Enjoy your days everyone.

ninathenana Fri 26-Apr-19 06:33:09

Morning Mick kitty and all.

Blue sky in Kent and not a breath of wind.
DS has his new SW coming today. Hope she is better than the last one. Food shop after that.
Have a good day everyone
Hope you soon feel better kitty

Mapleleaf Fri 26-Apr-19 06:41:58

Good morning,

It’s fairly bright here at the moment, but the clouds seem to be gathering, so not sure how long the brightness will remain. It feels quite chilly, too.

We missed the thunder and hailstones where I live Kitty but on the local weather report it did show a place in North Yorkshire, I think, that also had hail and thunder like you. We just had heavy rain showers.

A day of running around doing various jobs today for me. Nothing exciting though!

Hope everyone has a decent day, and those of you who have been unwell feel a bit better today. ?

Ginny42 Fri 26-Apr-19 06:44:44

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a much brighter morning in Cheshire than I expected, although I'm heading south to your neck of the woods Mick and wondering what the weather's going to be like en route from Cheshire to Oxford. Not Storm Hannah I hope.

Hope you're feeling better today Kitty. A day at a time. flowers

Marydoll Fri 26-Apr-19 06:54:00

Good morning all, it's bit grey here in Glasgow.

Up early to follow DH, who is taking his car for a service. It's miles away and he is insisting we go early.
Another sleepless night, so I'm not exactly full of the joys of living! grin

Kitty, I hope you are on the mend and Nina, I hope things go well for your son today.

Gillybob, it's Friday! grin

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Gagagran Fri 26-Apr-19 06:55:16

Morning all! It's overcast and quite cool here on the south coast and we are supposedly in the path of Storm Hannah later. Hope she is late arriving as it's the first WI Garden Club meeting of the year this morning!

A quiet weekend ahead for us although DGS (13) has asked if he can come for tea tomorrow and have some steak. His sister is vegan and seems to have influenced the catering arrangements at their house to such an extent that the poor lad doesn't get steak any more! Of course I said yes!

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

BlueSapphire Fri 26-Apr-19 07:02:26

Good morning everyone. But grey and misty in Northampton this morning.
Cats coming home from the Cattery today, so expect they will have the hump with me like they did last time!
School run this pm, DGDs here for tea. Nothing else planned for today, except catch up with the washing.

Nannytopsy Fri 26-Apr-19 07:17:35

Bright and sunny here after yesterday’s rain. We didn’t get Kitty’s thunder or hail even though we are close - showers are funny things!
Pick up one car from the mechanic this morning and take in the second - an expensive couple of days!
Then tidy the house again for an estate agent’s “Open Day” tomorrow, although no one has booked yet.
Have a good day , Mick et al.

NannyJan53 Fri 26-Apr-19 07:20:56

Good Morning from a bright Black Country, but with ominous black clouds on the horizon. Had heavy rain with hail yesterday!

Off into town today as need to get some Australian dollars, as my niece is off to work in Australia for 18 months, and we are having a family get together Sunday to say farewell. I thought dollars would be a better idea than a present she could not take on plane. Mum is a bit sad, as being 89 she feels she may not see her again. So I will take my laptop some mornings to her, so she can skype and chat to her.

Then hair appointment this afternoon, and a chat and a cuppa after with an ex-colleague, who was made redundant after I retired. She is 58 and in no particular hurry to find another job.

Your cats remind me of the cat I had as a child BlueSapphre , we would come back from holiday and she would rush up to greet us, then firmly turn her back on us slightly wagging her tail, as if to say 'I am pleased you are back, but annoyed with you'! smile

Hope you are feeling much better today kitty

Harris27 Fri 26-Apr-19 07:27:19

Good morning from overcastnNE.mhadbdentist appointment yesterday and he can save broken tooth by putting crown in expensive though! But definitely worth it. Back to work today but shorter week can't complain! Looking forward to weekend. Happy friday all.

Justme67 Fri 26-Apr-19 07:35:16

Good morning to you all, it is a bit chilly here again, but no rain so far. I went with a friend to the bowls club yesterday, and they had decided to play "short mat" indoors as it was a bit wet outside, and they persuaded me, as they were a bit short, to play which I did, not done so for two years, and ended up on my knees after the first wood (toppled over) after that everything was fine, and this morning everything aches, I will never learn. Off to my scrabble later on, then a restful afternoon, I hope.
I live in Bognor Regis, with the Sussex downs at our back a few miles away, and the sea at our feet, love it here. Enjoy your days, I hope those who are not well feel better soon,

harrigran Fri 26-Apr-19 07:45:39

Good morning from a dry NE. We had some very heavy downpours yesterday.
DH was at the hospital a long time yesterday, appointments were running 90 minutes late and it was over lunchtime so he got nothing to eat.
Hope you are feeling a bit better today kitty.
TGIF gilly ?

1inamillion Fri 26-Apr-19 07:47:22

Good Morning from a cloudy and blowy S Welsh coast. We are also in the path of Storm Hannah Gaga due later tonight and into tomorrow according to the local forecast. What a contrast to last weekend. I was cold all day yesterday and we put the heating on last night for a couple of hours.
DS and DiL came home safely from Nepal yesterday morning and spent a pleasant couple of hours with them looking at photos.
DH is going shopping later as I am still housebound.
Hope all those with worries or illness feel better soon.
Good luck with the Open Day Nanatopsy I read that the smell of good coffee or bread baking attracts house buyers ?

Grammaretto Fri 26-Apr-19 07:52:43

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's grey but may brighten up later.
Yoga this morning after a long break for Easter.
Hope you all have a good day.

gillybob Fri 26-Apr-19 07:58:55

A running late good morning from the NE coast. A slightly overcast and breezy start here. We missed the worst of the weather yesterday with only a short burst of heavy rain about 4.30 pm.
I Hope the weather holds today as I’m off to DD’s this afternoon and hoping to work in the garden until as late as possible. Sand and paving etc. All being delivered first thing tomorrow so lots of prep work to finish this afternoon. DH and I worked until about 7.30 last night too and we are getting there..... can’t wait to be done now as the little one is itching to be down and play.

I’ve got a dreaded hair appointment straight from work at 1.45 which is worse than a visit to the dentist for me as I can’t bear to look at myself in the mirror . Yuk. Then straight over to work in DD’s garden which should undo all the hairdressers hardwork grin I do have a tendency to do these things backwards !

This horrible chesty cough thing is driving me nuts (4 weeks now) and I’m still coughing and wheezing like an old man on 40 Woodbine a day !

Good luck at the dentist Harris27 hope you’ve got the mortgage in place to play for it !

Have a good Friday everyone ....whooopppeeee x

Brunette10 Fri 26-Apr-19 08:08:12

Good Morning from a very dull Fife. Been raining quite heavily. Think it's to brighten up later. Have no plans at all today so may cook some food then freeze it. DD may come with DGS's but it all depends if her gas maintenance gets done early enough. Know someone getting married tomorrow, I hope her weather at least stays dry. Such a shame after last weekend. Kitty I hope you feel better soon. Marydoll I know what you mean about DH mine is the very same when we are getting cars serviced. Hope everyone has a good day despite weather.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Apr-19 08:28:08

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny Malaga and not before time! It’s windy out though - not that I’ve peeped my nose out yet but my husband has just blown in from a brisk hour’ walk and is off to enjoy a hot shower.

Out for an Italian meal tonight on the marina with friends which I’m really looking forward to.

Hope everybody has a good Friday whatever your plans or none. x

DoraMarr Fri 26-Apr-19 08:29:20

Good morning from a bright-ish Birmingham, with heavy clouds “over our nan’s.” I’m writing this while my baby grandson eats his breakfast. We’ll have a walk in the park later to see if we can spot the family of ducklings I saw earlier in the week, but which had disappeared when I took my grandaughter to the park yesterday. I fear the worst....

MawBroonsback Fri 26-Apr-19 08:43:25

Good morning from a clear and sunny corner of N Bucks. Coolish, but beautiful so I wonder when the rain etc will hit us.
Yesterday’s trip to the Gin distillery in Kennington was great fun as was the fish and chip lunch at the cabbies’ cafe before. (Necessary too as there was tasting involved! ) So we weren’t “Drunk for a penny, dead drunk for twopence” grin

Urmstongran Fri 26-Apr-19 08:47:00

We say there’s dark clouds ‘over Bill’s mother’s’ DoraMarr!

polnan Fri 26-Apr-19 08:48:39

Good morning all.
DoraMarr, I was born and bred in Brum. many years ago, not been back now for 50 odd years, yet still have that distinctive Brummie accent. LOL and proud of it

gillybob, I hate having my hair cut also!

sun shining in Swindon , but cold, and yes, I put my heating on yesterday.

off out to local church Cafe this am. nice sandwiches etc.
dh is not a well person, that is what brought me to this board(?) how to cope with the feelings I have being his carer etc.

have a good day everyone

Pittcity Fri 26-Apr-19 08:53:28

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The heating bumped on this morning as temperature has dropped.
The storm is not due here until tomorrow so I am going to tidy the rhododendron this morning. We had a beautiful flower display but they are fading and dropping now.

Anniebach Fri 26-Apr-19 08:54:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain forecast for Powys

Fence still not finished , 4 days.

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Fri 26-Apr-19 09:08:21

Oh Annie that’s ridiculous. Me and DH did a huge length of fencing for DD in one day ! Why do they string these things out for so bloomin’ long? How on earth are you managing with your doggies? angry