Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Apr-19 06:15:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley with some wind as well,Feels cooler as well.
Usual day bus to Buckingham and Bicester, hopefully weather will see flea market on in Buckingham.
Mick

kittylester Sat 27-Apr-19 06:36:40

Morning mick, morning all!

North Leicestershire is grey and wet and quite windy. Not a lot on in the Lester household today so we'll just take it easy.

Dh went to a talk at a local football club last night - I think he is still traumatised!

Beechnut Sat 27-Apr-19 06:45:07

Good Morning everyone.
Damp, grey and breezy on Severnside this morning.
Whatever I do will depend on the weather but I won’t be going out anywhere as I am dog sitting this weekend.

I hope you all have lovey weekend and behave yourselves??

1inamillion Sat 27-Apr-19 06:53:39

Good Morning Mick, Kitty and Beechnut
It is blowing a gale with us on S Welsh coast, didn't sleep much. It is recycling day here, a lot of our neighbours' waste has ended up in our drive, and garden furniture is strewn over the back lawn.

Very little on with us, hope all those with plans or not have a good day, and if travelling, a safe one.

Urmstongran Sat 27-Apr-19 06:54:40

Good morning everyone from a gorgeous sunny Malaga. The palm trees aren’t dancing this morning either so it’s likely to be a lovely day. I can smell the pine trees and the Mediterranean is a beautiful sparkling azure blue.

No plans till later when we meet friends tonight for dinner.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday whatever your plans or none. x

Grammaretto Sat 27-Apr-19 07:05:17

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the wind has died down and it's fresh.
I'll be baking for the coffee morning and picking flowers for the tables.
I had better get up first.
Have a good weekend everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 27-Apr-19 07:15:28

Morning All

Breezy here in the north of Norfolk, but no sign of the promised rain apart from a few scudding clouds. Shallow rooting plants in the garden are starting to look very sorry for themselves. Perhaps today...

Nothing much planned for today so I may have to do some cleaning.

MawBroonsback Sat 27-Apr-19 07:20:59

Good morning all. Grey and windy here in N Bucks too, so it could be an indoor day for me.
However I want to check out the new MK Gallery so I might brave the “city centre” for a recce.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

NanKate Sat 27-Apr-19 07:33:59

Morning Mick and All.

It is our last full day in Dorset. It will be cool and very windy but sunny all day so off to Weymouth and Tyneham Village which is in a WW2 time warp, sounds interesting.

Have a good day folks.

gillybob Sat 27-Apr-19 07:49:45

Good morning from the NE coast. It’s a lovely bright but breezy start but forecast rain later, which I hope is much later as DH and I are spending the day at DD’s and hopefully getting the garden almost finished. All the sand and paving etc. Is being delivered this morning and we hope to get as much done as possible . Ever the peacemaker DD has put a note through Mrs Happy and her boyfriend Mr Angry’s door to warn them that we will be using the back gate and the empty bay today but we will be as quick as possible unloading etc. I hope they can see sense and don’t try to cause trouble as I really can’t be bothered with them, just want to get the job finished so DD and baby granddaughter can enjoy their garden at last.

I’ve coughed and wheezed all night long again so haven’t had a great deal of sleep. It’s so much better during the day but terrible at night. Can’t beleive it’s been going on for so long it’s driving me mad.

You paint the most delicious picture of Malaga Urmonstongran I confess to being a teensy bit jealous. Hope the good weather continues for the rest of your holiday.

A crucial match for my DS and DGS’s beloved Sunderland today so I shall be keeping my fingers crossed for them to win.

Have a good Saturday everyone, whatever you are doing.

Don’t us gransnetters always “behave ourselves” beechnut ? hmm

xx

labazsisslowlygoingmad Sat 27-Apr-19 07:49:58

cold wet and windy in grey Tenbury Wells. i am working all day so will be glad to get home and shut the weather out.

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 07:51:30

Windy, dull and cold in the West Country, a quiet weekend ahead to catch up with all the household chores! Thrilling!

Brunette10 Sat 27-Apr-19 07:56:35

Good Morning from Fife. It's been heavy rain but at the moment dry but I'm sure we are in for more rain. At least we do not have the Storm that's hitting Wales. think I have broken a rib, in agony. Don't know what the day will bring. Hope everyone has a good day.

Alygran Sat 27-Apr-19 08:00:50

Good morning from a grey and breezy North Yorkshire. Back yesterday evening from Easter holiday looking after DGS in Derbyshire.
My garden needs some serious tidying up but first I must go and get some food shopping.
Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday.

ninathenana Sat 27-Apr-19 08:02:38

Good morning everyone.

We have the wind here in Kent but no rain yet.
No plans to go anywhere. I will do some cleaning then settle down with my jigsaw.
Have a good day all.

NfkDumpling Sat 27-Apr-19 08:09:16

Its raining!

oldgaijin Sat 27-Apr-19 08:20:56

Good morning from a damp, grey Aberdeenshire.
The mutt had a fab day with a friend yesterday and came home exhausted. I spent the entire day at the hospital doing nothing and came home exhausted.
Should get scan results next week at oncology clinic.
Am laying low today so shall binge watch something while taking up trouser hems.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Sat 27-Apr-19 08:22:19

Good morning from a grey, windy Colchester. Our neighbours tree was heavy with blossom, now it looks like it's snowing. We had a day of rain in the week but the garden could use more, the water butt is almost empty.
Quiet day here and out to a birthday party tonight.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 27-Apr-19 08:27:05

Morning all from a dull and wet South Notts. No gardening today I fear. Just self indulgent laziness. Maybe a bit of housework to show willing.
Hope all is well with everyone.

DoraMarr Sat 27-Apr-19 08:36:33

God morning from a cloudy and windy Birmingham. I’m going to London for my grandaughter’s second birthday party, which will be held at a city farm, so I’m not sure what to wear. I’m staying overnight in a hotel too, so need a change of clothes for Sunday. Decisions decisions.....
I hope today is a good one for everyone.

Justme67 Sat 27-Apr-19 08:52:07

Good morning to you all, windy out there, and a rather cool sun trying to break through the clouds, don't think it is going to succeed today, as rain (badly needed) is forecast.
Had a really bad night last night, finally fell asleep at 1.30, but a really deep sleep for two hours after that. Neighbour doing the shopping, so I can wra[ myself round a cup of tea. Enjoy your days.

Anniebach Sat 27-Apr-19 08:53:55

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Heavy rain forecast.

Fencing finished , dogs raced around and around,

Hope everyone has a good day x

Harris27 Sat 27-Apr-19 08:55:30

Good morning from a cold NE weather forecast or good, son and hubby off to last home match of the season at Sunderland heaven help me if the result not good! Looking forward to tomorrow lunch out then theatre on night seeing illegal Eagles! Housework today and Boring stuff. Hey ho have a nice Saturday all.

cornergran Sat 27-Apr-19 08:56:05

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s certainly blowing in our corner of Somerset but it seems the rain has passed through. Little sleep, usual pains kept me awake, so a quiet morning for me while Mr C retrieves garden ‘stuff’ then out for lunch in the cafe at a local nature reserve. May need weights in our shoes grin. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Sat 27-Apr-19 08:58:28

Good morning all from a windy and damp Northampton.
Not much planned for today except a visit to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription; realised on Wednesday that I would be out of tablets by tomorrow so hastily got an online order in.
The cats came home yesterday and will not leave me alone! Thankfully they do not seem to have got the hump this time. Obviously they do not know, but they will be back at the cattery in 6 weeks!
Have a nice weekend to all.