Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-May-19 06:12:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice clear blue sky and sunny here in Brackley this morning.
My usual day to Buckingham and Bicester on the buses , plus the added fact its my 71st today.
With Tour De Yorkshire on TV later as well , this will be my main watch on TV until Sunday.
Mick

Bellasnana Thu 02-May-19 06:16:39

Good morning, Mick. Many happy returns. Hope you enjoy your birthday.?

Beechnut Thu 02-May-19 06:16:55

Happy Birthday Mick have a lovely day ???

Good Morning all.
We’ve got blue sky and dark grey clouds.
Off to my u3a class today.
Have a good day everyone ?

MawBroonsback Thu 02-May-19 06:20:28

Happy Birthday Mick and Good Morning everybody.
It does indeed look like a lovely morning here in N Bucks - I have no plans for today as yet. Maybe after a cuppa and a read of the paper, inspiration will strike.
Otherwise, I fear it is admin and laundry.
Wishing you all a pleasant day ??

Gagagran Thu 02-May-19 06:23:40

Good Morning all and Happy Birthday Mick!

The sun is coming up and we look set fair for this morning here on the south coast. The forecast shows light rain later on - much needed on the gardens.

We are off to do the weekly supermarket shop shortly then hope for a quiet day ahead after a poor sleep. It's always the same after choir - just can't seem to switch off the brain!

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

kittylester Thu 02-May-19 06:34:57

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershre.

Many happy returns Mick.

DH and I are aiming to do a Sainsbury's shop while our cleaner does everything I haven't done since I got the lurgy! If we survive that, it's off to the polling station.

Enjoy your days everyone.

harrigran Thu 02-May-19 06:35:48

Good morning Mick and Happy Birthday.
It is sunny and breezy here in the NE but not expected to be warm today.
We had four episodes of power breakdowns last night, just enough to set the clocks on ovens flashing and several burglar alarms to go off each time. A noisy night.
DH has hospital appointment just before lunch and my sister flies into the UK for three weeks.
Been sitting in the kitchen since 5.30 with chest pain trying not to disturb DH, same pain that took me to A&E on Saturday morning and showed nothing on x-ray or blood tests.

Ginny42 Thu 02-May-19 06:54:01

Good morning Mick. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a few treats laid by for the mammoth TV session.

It's a grey morning in Cheshire and it's rained in the night.

Harrigan what a dreadful night and now a very busy day! Whatever else you have to do you must get that pain checked out today. Is there a walk-in centre?

Painting this morning, hairdresser's, then a charity tea to raise funds for the local hospice.

Get that pain checked Harrigran!

Annapops Thu 02-May-19 07:00:24

Good morning from sunny County Durham and I too join in with others in wishing you a happy birthday Mick.

A day of preparation for our holiday to Pisa and Florence begins today as we leave on Saturday. Kiddie care has prevented an earlier start.

Yesterday we had an air balloon experience which was absolutely amazing. I was so surprised at how peaceful and calm it is as it floats along ( apart from the times when the burners hiss of course).

We were taken on a journey above Witton Castle then onto Bishop Auckland. The views were spectacular and I felt as if we were looking down on model villages, farms and towns below.

We eventually descended into a school playing field, much to the surprise of the staff. My daughter's school wasn't too far away, how I wish it had been hers. I must admit the landing was not a pleasant experience as the bumps along the ground in a basket are scary, but I would happily do it again.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Harris27 Thu 02-May-19 07:04:49

Good morning all happy birthday Mick do something nice for yourself today extra treat? Weather up and down in the NE. Hope you are feeling a bit better harrigran I would get that checked out again if it doesn't get any better. Back to work this morning and counting down to Friday. Dear son back tomorrow from Portugal have missed him.?

NanKate Thu 02-May-19 07:07:29

Morning Mick and a very happy 71st birthday.

Morning to the rest of the GM thread crew.

Glad you are up and about Kitty. I suggest you sit in the Sainsbury’s cafe while your DH does the shopping you are only just up and out off your sick bed.

I hear the great news that Marydoll is out of hospital and back home. We may hear from her soon.

I don’t have any plans Maw just like you. I will just let the day happen.

Sun shining in South Bucks. ?

ninathenana Thu 02-May-19 07:11:09

Happy Birthday Mick.

Good morning everyone from a grey Kent. Showers are forecast this evening in the area so we may or may not get some rain.
Eye clinic this morning, nothing else planned as it depends whether I need more treatment.
Have a good day everyone
I hope you feel better and that the medics can sort it out harrigran

dragonfly46 Thu 02-May-19 07:14:51

Good morning all, the sun is now shining in Leicestershire.

Happy Birthday Mick.

Harrigan back to the doctors I think with you please.

kitty take it easy - we shall be up the road in the Muffin Bar having coffee!

DoraMarr Thu 02-May-19 07:15:38

Good morning from a rather cloudy Birmingham, and Happy Birthday to Micheal.cupcake
Having my morning tea, then off to pick up my grandaughter. We’ll walk up to the polling station together- it’s never to early to introduce them to democracy! I always remember the Suffragettes on polling day- yesterday in the art gallery I noticed a plaque to Bertha Ryland, who was one of the Birmingham suffragettes.

kittylester Thu 02-May-19 07:22:16

Please ring 111, harri.brew

1inamillion Thu 02-May-19 07:29:38

Good Morning to all from a cloudy and windy S Welsh Coast.
Happy Birthday Mick ????
Hope you feel better soon Harrigran .
Glad to hear that Marydoll is home from hospital - get well soon.
The funeral of a former teaching colleague later this morning, she was a lovely woman who, as a young teacher, took me under her wing. DH will take me as I'm still reliant on crutches and the wheelchair. Hospital appointment tomorrow.
Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Urmstongran Thu 02-May-19 07:31:46

Good morning everyone from a damp South Manchester. I didn’t want to leave Malaga as the weather had just turned to gorgeous but there are compensations here so I’m lucky. Seeing our two grandchildren when they come home from school is the biggest draw!

Happy 71st Mick hope you have a lovely day. harrigran I’m sure you must be anxious about your horrible chest pain. Maybe it’s muscular but do the right thing and get checked out again today?

Hope Thursday is kind to us all, whether plans or no. x

Brunette10 Thu 02-May-19 07:31:54

Good morning from Fife and its raining grin. Had fun day yesterday with DGS1 on his birthday. Meeting friend for catch up and coffee this morning then later on must do some shopping. Happy Birthday Mick hope you have a great day. harrigran - don't waste any time get yourself checked again. Kitty takes things easy do as dragonfly suggests I would say. As you know Marydoll is home, we shall hear from her when she is ready to get back and tantalise us all with her wit. Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Thu 02-May-19 07:32:33

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cool and fresh today, just right for gardening.
I'll need to stay in for deliveries.
After my jaunt to Dundee yesterday for the GN meet up, I could do with a rest.
I'm very glad Marydoll and kitty are both up and about again.

Happy Birthday to Michael !!

NannyJan53 Thu 02-May-19 07:44:55

Good Morning from a very overcast Black Country.

Had a lovely lunch with friends yesterday in Birmingham.

Today, I must tackle the ironing, then I have my U3A monthly meeting this afternoon.

Pleased to hear Marydoll is home, and yes harrigran you must ring 111 or go to Doctors.

Happy birthday Mick cupcake

BlueSapphire Thu 02-May-19 07:59:35

Happy birthday ? Mick!
Bright and sunny in Northampton this morning.
Thinking about sorting through some of DH's clothes this morning; some of his wardrobe I cannot bring myself to touch yet. It's going to be difficult, but there are things he rarely wore or that had not been worn for donkey's years and they might as well go to people who need them.
Gardening this afternoon if it stays fine.
You must see about that pain Harrigran.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

Pittcity Thu 02-May-19 08:01:26

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The forecast rain is now expected this afternoon. Into town for Euros as DH is fishing in France from tomorrow. I also need a new mattress cover as my new tumble dryer melted a bit of this one and it's scratchy.
I echo everyone's advice to Harri to get a second opinion .

Many Happy returns toMick ??

gillybob Thu 02-May-19 08:13:39

A bit of a late good morning from the NE coast. Its dry and a bit overcast but brightening. One of those changeable days I think. Just finishing my cup of tea then off to “that place” . like you Harris27 I’m so glad it’s Thursday...

You really do need to get those chest pains checked out again Harri it might be muscular or stress and anxiety related but you should still get it checked. Could you maybe get an emergency GP appointment?

So glad to hear that Marydoll is home from hospital. I look forward to her return to Gransnet. That lurgy takes a lot of shifting doesn’t it kitty? Glad you are feeling a bit better. My coughing and wheezing is much better during the day but starts as soon as I lie down at night. So annoying.

I’m so sorry you have had to leave your beloved Malaga Urmstongran especially when you have left glorious sunshine to come back to the ever changeable UK. It will be lovely seeing the children again though won’t it?

Hope you have a very happy birthday Mick and as others have said, why not treat yourself to something nice?

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Thursday whatever they are up to. x

Nannytopsy Thu 02-May-19 08:24:37

Happy Birthday Mick! ??
Sunny here in Leicester - another viewing today, so the day will start with a tidying up. I could do some weeding too, if I get round to it!
Have a good day everyone!

oldgaijin Thu 02-May-19 08:25:53

Good morning from a damp, overcast Aberdeenshire. It was dry at five, but there has been rain since and the forecast is showers.
The mutt had a fantastic romp yesterday and came home shattered. He was quite happy to "help" me plant lily bulbs in the garden. I have put them near the back door and have some heliotrope to put in the bed, so the perfume should be wonderful.
Have a good day everyone.