Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-May-19 06:14:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull start here in Brackley this morning, Today will be watching the Tour De Yorkshire men's and women's stages on TV, a shop and a few other things .
Mick

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 03-May-19 12:48:19

Afternoon all from a dull South Notts. Last night the rain knocked my euphorbia sideways (no, that's not a euphemism!) and they look a bit sorry for themselves.
Hope all is well for everyone.

Imtrying2 Fri 03-May-19 12:20:58

Afternoon One & All,
Dull here in Suffolk!
Gym session done....Home and made breakfast for hubby & youngest (22) funny how they wait till you get home and ‘Suggest’ Breakfast!! ?
Off later to Take That at the O2. Gary Pick Mmeeeeee!!! ?
Have a wonderful weekend y’all

Auntieflo Fri 03-May-19 12:15:38

Morning/ afternoon Michael, Annie and all. Have just realised what the time is. Asked DH to make a coffee, before taking him to his afternoon of volunteering. I have been vacuuming the fur coat/ dust off all the upstairs furniture, before doing the floors. I know I don’t do every room, every week, but how does it get so dusty in the week we were away? and where do the cobwebs come from?
It was murky outside earlier, but has brightened up a lot now.
While out I may just go and peep at a new car ?, but don’t tell anyone.
Have a good afternoon one and all.

NanKate Fri 03-May-19 11:34:05

Best of luck Barmy I hate that bland diet and lots of liquid before a Colonoscopy. Worth though for peace of mind.

Thanks Lina no crutches required the Long John Silver one is quite adequate. Also thanks Jan and Kitty my ankle is easing up a bit since I lathered it in Ralgex and wore a sparkly sock last night. What a sight I looked plus smelling of menthol.

gillybob Fri 03-May-19 11:28:27

Welcome to Gransnet and the Good Morning thread, Struthruth.

Nothing wrong with a bit waffling, I could waffle for England ! smile

Struthruth Fri 03-May-19 11:24:03

Lovely to read how others spend Friday morning, really uplifting. I had text from grandson's mum, he was refusing to go to school as he had ducked out of a detention. Grandma to the rescue........love to feel needed. Gave him lift, had chat about issues, just hope he has good day. Been to gym now starting to clear out garage. Requiring quite an effort of will and may be writing this as a way of procrastinating! Planning fish and chip supper for youngest sons family tonight but will probably not know if wanted til later. This is my first post must stop waffling.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 03-May-19 11:18:45

Good morning one and all from a dry bight cold Somerset. Due to go to hospital tomorrow for a colonoscopy (spelling?) and have been on a low fibre diet, no fruit, veg, or anything whole meal so basically a junk food diet for 3 days. Today I have to stop eating at 3.00 so we are going out for a last meal at the Italian. After that nothing until after the procedure at 2.00pm tomorrow. Should be good for weight reduction. Have a happy day everyone.

Hymnbook Fri 03-May-19 10:53:56

Morning everyone. Up early today but still not ready to go out to the shops and hairdresses. Don'tknowwhat l've been faffing about at ?

aggie Fri 03-May-19 09:28:30

Morning All , kind of chilly out there , been out chasing the crows , they are ripping the linings from the wall baskets , we were silly enough to have coir liners and they want the fibre for nests , at least that's all we can think of for their furious pecking
Hi Annie hope the therapy is helping xxx

Anniebach Fri 03-May-19 09:04:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Think more rain for Powys.

Have therapy today .

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Fri 03-May-19 08:54:24

Good morning,
It's a grey, drizzly and cold morning here today in South Yorkshire. Too wet to do anything in the garden I think, though I had better cover over the tender plants (just a few) before tonight as a slight frost is forecast.
Not a lot planned for today, just general chores, so might settle down with my book this afternoon once they are done. I'm reading the latest Shardlake book, Tombstone, by C J Samsome, and really enjoying it.
Happy birthday, Nannytopsy. ?
Hope everyone has a nice Friday.

DoraMarr Fri 03-May-19 08:48:24

Good morning from a decidedly dull Birmingham. My grandson is here and has just had his breakfast- and some of mine, too. Whatever the weather, he won’t want to miss his walk in the park to see the ducks.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 03-May-19 08:44:49

Good morning from east London, not raining yet but looking dull. Quiet day to start which is just as well as I was out all of yesterday. School pick up later on and first Ladies league tennis match tonight if it stays dry. Have a good day.

oldgaijin Fri 03-May-19 08:37:36

Good morning again from Aberdeenshire...what a difference an hour makes. It's now grey and piddling with rain so gardening cancelled and the mutt and I shall binge watch 'Line of Duty'. Have a great day whatever the weather.

Brunette10 Fri 03-May-19 08:36:18

A late Good Morning from Fife. Woke up with a sore throat and another cold - yuk! Anyway it's cooler here today as forecast so won't be venturing out far at all. May do some cooking. Nannytopsy- Happy Birthday hope you have a lovely day. Gillybob yes it's Friday again! Despite cooler weather hope everyone has a decent day.

Harris27 Fri 03-May-19 08:31:03

Happy Friday to all especially gillybob who I can agree with love Fridays! And long weekends too! Cold and dull in the NE here. Have work and food shop today then hibernating! Have a good Friday all x

Sprout Fri 03-May-19 08:29:15

Morning Mick and all. Dull and chilly here in Kent. Off to hairdressers try and improve the look. Then lunch with my best friend. Home hopefully it doesn't rain more work in the garden. Hope everyone feeling OK have a good day everyone.

gillybob Fri 03-May-19 08:12:23

A late good morning from the NE coast. A bit overcast and rain expected later. Finishing off DD’s garden this afternoon straight from “that place” and have a few little surprise finishing touches up my sleeve which I am sure they will love.

Happy birthday Nannytopsy I hope you have a lovely day.

I might do a little “faddenjng” later too (if time allows) and you have got me fancying a curry for supper GrannyGravy !

Hope everyone with aches, pains and poorlynesses feel better soon.

ITS FRIDAY........ what’s not to like?

Have a good one all x

Slowcookervegan Fri 03-May-19 08:11:54

* its not upside down smile
Happy birthday Topsy

Slowcookervegan Fri 03-May-19 08:07:23

Good morning everyone.
This is the view from my bedroom window overlooking the Tyne river. Not a bad day i think.
Enjoy your Friday
Not sure why its upside down - oops

cornergran Fri 03-May-19 08:05:12

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Apparently rain is on the way but very nice now, even if chilly. Food shop and Granny detail today. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 03-May-19 08:01:58

Gardening!!!!!!! Pesky phone!

Many happy returns, topsy, it is also Wolfie's father's birthday. Its pouring here now.

Hope your ankle improves Kate.

travelsafar Fri 03-May-19 08:00:48

Grey start to the day here today.
Happy Birthday to Topsy
Off to my knitting group this morning and hoping i left my knitting there last week as i cant find it at home!!!!
Visit to the library as well plus got to buy a new washing line as mine decided to snap in the week just as i was about to use it, thankful i didnt have the line full of washing!!

EllanVannin Fri 03-May-19 07:58:31

Good morning All x
It doesn't know what it wants to do weatherwise. Very little wind to blow away the hanging cloud so my guess is that we'll probably see some rain though the sun is doing its best to break through, albeit a watery one. Cool too.

I have a funeral to attend today, this time last year there'd been three ! I was thinking of getting a season ticket.
I must make sure my cats are indoors then I won't be worrying about them as I'm never normally far away.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

dragonfly46 Fri 03-May-19 07:56:16

Happy Birthday topsy