Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-May-19 06:14:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull start here in Brackley this morning, Today will be watching the Tour De Yorkshire men's and women's stages on TV, a shop and a few other things .
Mick

Beechnut Fri 03-May-19 06:17:59

Good Morning all.
Wet and dull here.
Food shopping first and then I think I’ll take myself off craft shopping and to a garden centre.
I hope everyone’s day is brighter than the weather ?

kittylester Fri 03-May-19 06:22:37

Morning Mick, Beechnut, all.

Its drizzling here in North Leicestershire and quite grey.

DH is off to a Jazz Festival for a couple of days so I have a couple of days with nothing on the agenda. There was mention of faddenjng but I dont think the weather here will be conducive. grin

Enjoy your days everyone.

NanKate Fri 03-May-19 06:34:48

Morning Mick Beech and Kitty and All.

Dull and overcast here in South Bucks too.

What’s faddenjng Kitty ?

Cut and blow dry for me this morning.

I’ve done something to my ankle, don’t know what or when but I resemble Long John Silver without the parrot.

Ginny42 Fri 03-May-19 06:35:19

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's grey here in Cheshire too, but yesterday turned out very nice after a dull start, so hoping for the same today.

Having friends for meals over the weekend so planning and shopping later. How do you cater for a friend on a perpetual diet (now 6 lbs below goal weight) and her husband who's a fussy eater? Guests on Monday will eat anything. smile

BlueSapphire Fri 03-May-19 06:47:03

Good morning everyone; grey and cloudy in Northampton today.

Sainsbury's and M&S food this morning for a top up shop and coffee. School run this afternoon and grand-daughters here for tea. Think I will do a Bolognese today for them. If I make a big enough one there will be enough left for me to have after rugby tomorrow.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

ninathenana Fri 03-May-19 06:49:53

Morning everyone.

Another dull start in Kent, there is literally not a leaf moving and no bird song, quiet freaky.
Food shop this morning and a relaxing afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

1inamillion Fri 03-May-19 07:00:06

Morning all, Morning Mick, we watched the cycling too, atrocious rain, but well supported along the route.

Having a cuppa but will have to move soon, appointment with Consultant later this morning.

Hope your ankle is ok NanKate. If the Doc is pleased, you can have my crutches!

Gagagran Fri 03-May-19 07:15:02

Morning everyone from a sunny south coast.

We had some rain yesterday evening and the garden breathed a sigh of relief for it. My nasturtiums are sprouting like mad in their troughs.

Nothing much planned for today but something always turns up. I shall potter and await events!

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

harrigran Fri 03-May-19 07:23:15

Good morning, overcast here in the NE.
I have a Diabetes prevention course meeting this morning, my friend is coming to accompany me as DH has hospital appointment at the same time.
I seem to have developed a painful heel just to add to my niggles.

dragonfly46 Fri 03-May-19 07:31:15

Good morning, as Kitty said, drizzling in Leicestershire.

Going to see Mum today and then visit to organic farm shop.

Yes kitty what is faddnjng?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 03-May-19 07:32:13

Good morning Mick and all

Have no idea what the weather is like as I haven’t opened the curtains!!! GC will me is up st 6.30am????

Off to the gym first thing, then pottering in doors and out for dinner tonight (I fancy a nice Indian curry, hopefully Mr.Gravy feels the same)

Have a good day x

Nannytopsy Fri 03-May-19 07:35:53

Morning all! Raining here in Leicester, which has spoilt my plans. It’s my birthday and I was going to have a couple of hours out with the camera. Coffee in bed while I re think! Have a good day everyone

Alygran Fri 03-May-19 07:41:10

Good morning for a wet North Yorkshire. The ‘Tour’ ends just 4 miles from me today. What a contrast from last year’s blue skies.
Boiler service this morning, a friend calling this afternoon to plan a weekend away later this month and jazz club tonight!
Happy birthday Nannatopsy.
Hope today is a good one for everyone.

oldgaijin Fri 03-May-19 07:41:13

Good morning from a bright Aberdeenshire...there's a bit of blue sky but it's chilly and there is a breeze.
The chap arrived yesterday to scarify and cut my grass. It looks dreadful but once the grass grows it should look more like a lawn. I bought some reduced price dahlias and gladioli so shall plant them later, with the "help" of the mutt...he does enjoy a good dig.
The sky is busy with umpteen helicopters...it must be change over day on the rigs and you can often see them queued up for miles over the North Sea.

Urmstongran Fri 03-May-19 07:41:31

Good morning everyone from a rainy South Manchester. Thick white cloud so no sign of the Pennines.

Wash and blow booked at lunchtime at the salon round the corner then over to play with the smalls at 4pm whilst mummy has her hair appointment. Should be cricket practice for the 6y old but it might be rained off.

Hope everybody has a good Friday whether plans or none. x

Annapops Fri 03-May-19 07:50:10

Good morning from County Durham. Rather dull here at the moment and I'm not expecting any sun to break through.

Waiting to hear if poorly GD2 has recovered sufficiently to attend nursery, otherwise we will have our little treasure here for the day again. She's normally such a chatterbox but her afternoons have been so unusually quiet as she's smuggled in for a nap.

School run later to collect GD1 for her ballet class. Then I may just find some time for that holiday packing I was meaning to do yesterday. I'm so excited about visiting Pisa and Florence. New destinations for me.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday.

Pittcity Fri 03-May-19 07:52:52

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Rain forecast for later.
Colchester has a weekend full of organised free walks. DH and I have planned to go on a few starting this afternoon but the weather needs to be dryish really.
Happy Birthday topsy ??

NannyJan53 Fri 03-May-19 07:53:18

Good Morning from a chilly and cloudy Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning from a local beauty spot, then I will make a Lasagne this afternoon for DD's freezer.

Happy Birthday to Nannytopsy cupcake

NanKate I hope your ankle improves over today flowers

Grammaretto Fri 03-May-19 07:55:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's been raining overnight and the washing wasn't brought in last yesterday. I have a new young helper here but she's taken to her bed not feeling well. sad
Have a lovely birthday Nanatopsy perhaps you can do some faddnjng if the weather improves. I know I will.

dragonfly46 Fri 03-May-19 07:56:16

Happy Birthday topsy

EllanVannin Fri 03-May-19 07:58:31

Good morning All x
It doesn't know what it wants to do weatherwise. Very little wind to blow away the hanging cloud so my guess is that we'll probably see some rain though the sun is doing its best to break through, albeit a watery one. Cool too.

I have a funeral to attend today, this time last year there'd been three ! I was thinking of getting a season ticket.
I must make sure my cats are indoors then I won't be worrying about them as I'm never normally far away.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

travelsafar Fri 03-May-19 08:00:48

Grey start to the day here today.
Happy Birthday to Topsy
Off to my knitting group this morning and hoping i left my knitting there last week as i cant find it at home!!!!
Visit to the library as well plus got to buy a new washing line as mine decided to snap in the week just as i was about to use it, thankful i didnt have the line full of washing!!

kittylester Fri 03-May-19 08:01:58

Gardening!!!!!!! Pesky phone!

Many happy returns, topsy, it is also Wolfie's father's birthday. Its pouring here now.

Hope your ankle improves Kate.

cornergran Fri 03-May-19 08:05:12

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Apparently rain is on the way but very nice now, even if chilly. Food shop and Granny detail today. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.