Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Tue 07-May-19 06:14:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
I am back to my normal routine of housework, then get the bus to Buckingham, and then to Bicester before returning to Buckingham .
Mick

dragonfly46 Tue 07-May-19 06:35:57

Good morning Mick and all to follow.

Going to London to care for DD who has just had a hip replacement then at the weekend to Brighton for DGD’s 4th Birthday. I believe we may have tickets for the circus!

kittylester Tue 07-May-19 06:38:46

Morning mick, morning all.

Its bright but chilly in North Leicestershire. A gentle start for me today as I'm back to helping on an Alzheimer's course today - I've missed the last 2 with a virus and they are quite tiring.

Enjoy your days everyone.

kittylester Tue 07-May-19 06:40:52

Have a good trip dragonfly and enjoy the circus. I hope your daughter recovers well. She has age on her side.

mumofmadboys Tue 07-May-19 06:48:01

I am going cycling with the U3A this morning. 25 miles. That will keep me busy !

Marydoll Tue 07-May-19 06:56:01

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow.

I woke up at 5.30, got up, washed and realised it was only 5.30am. (No glasses on, didn't see the clock). I 'm still on hospital time!!!
We have DGD for a few hours, as this is an inservice day, then my sister and brother in law will take over, to allow me to go and get my BP checked, it's too high!. sad.
I'm still a bit wobbly on my feet, but it will good to be out in civilisation again.after twelve days incarceration. grin
Dragonfly, my friend had a hip replacement last Thursday afternoon and was home on Sunday morning!
I wish your daughter, a speedy recovery.
Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

ninathenana Tue 07-May-19 07:04:47

Morning everyone.

The sun is trying to show it's face here in Kent.
Usual Tuesday, take DH to gardening job, food shop and coffee out, then go pick up DH.
Have a good day everyone.

1inamillion Tue 07-May-19 07:10:00

Good Morning from a bright and sunny S Welsh coast.
DH going to the dentist this morning for root canal treatment, following a wisdom tooth extraction last week.

All the best to your daughter Dragonfly.
Have a good day all.

Urmstongran Tue 07-May-19 07:10:58

Good morning everyone from a dry and mild South Manchester. I can just about make out the ridge of the Pennines if I squint.

No particular plans until 5pm when we shall take our 6y old grandson to his swimming lesson.

Hoping Tuesday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none. x

Annapops Tue 07-May-19 07:17:42

Good morning all. Our last full day here in Florence and it's a sunny one. We've already enjoyed our two days in Pisa and today we take on the cathedral dome in Florence. 475 steps here we come. I'm sure the views will be worth it as it's higher than yesterday's bell tower climb.

We plan to see Michaelangelo's David later in the day too. Some thing else to tick off my Arthur Mee children's encyclopedia list of childhood "must see" places.

Wishing you all a happy Tuesday.

NanKate Tue 07-May-19 07:37:45

Good morning Mick and All.

Lovely bright sunshine in South Bucks with light cloud.

I got DH to watch the last 4 episodes of Line of Duty with me over the Bank Holidays. He rarely watches tv other than the antiques and travel programmes. He said he had enjoyed it but annoyingly told me who one of the baddies was, beware SPOILER, (the woman with the long hair) at the beginning of the last episode ?

Off to WI today.

Good to have you back on the GM thread Mary.

Brunette10 Tue 07-May-19 07:42:19

Good Morning from a dry and bright Fife. Have an eyebrow tint and wax this morning followed by coffee and catch up with a friend. Hope today is good to everyone.

Auntieflo Tue 07-May-19 07:43:23

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all. It is a lovely bright and sunny morning here in Berks, and as the washing machine is churning, I hope it lasts. Yesterday we went to see the fish mosaics that have been sponsored and made for our Church, they are stunning, so will try and put a photo on here, plus one of an impression of how they will appear. There are 40 to be installed a bit later when our town has finished the ‘regeneration’ that is ongoing.

BlueSapphire Tue 07-May-19 07:51:29

Good morning everyone from a dull grey Northampton.
Spent yesterday re-organising the wardrobes, and then reading. Managed to finish my book club book, 'Longbourn', the story of the servants below stairs in Pride and Prejudice.
General tidy up this morning, or do I cut the front grass before tomorrow's forecast rain?
Health Walk after lunch; still trying to lose the few pounds I put on on my river cruise.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

cornergran Tue 07-May-19 08:05:05

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, heavy looking corner of Somerset. Little sleep again, uncomfortable night. Coffee session this morning and and a wander around the shops this afternoon while the car has an MoT. Planned Granny detail now not needed this evening, half disappointed and half relieved. Beautiful mosaics auntieflo. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

aggie Tue 07-May-19 08:08:17

Good Morning all , dull and cold again , back in bed with a cup of tea . My bedroom faces the street , the living room faces the garden , from bed I can see the children boarding the school bus , all bright faced and eager ☺, from the living room I can watch the birds ,

harrigran Tue 07-May-19 08:08:30

Good morning, it is sunny but has been raining and the temperature is quite low.
DH has lunchtime hospital appointment and then I need to shop, the fridge is completely empty.

MawBroonsback Tue 07-May-19 08:13:32

Good morning from N Bucks where it is looking brightish and is marginally warmer.i have hung a load of washing out and plan to read the paper, sustained by a cuppa, before my cleaner gets here.
My efforts to return my dud patio washer finally completed last night but not until after three trips to find a Hermes “drop off shop” which would accept the code Amazon had sent me (and a 20 mile round trip)
It was a big box and quite heavy so glad that a) my shoulder is better and b) I have a car! One way to spend an evening.

Nannytopsy Tue 07-May-19 08:21:56

Morning all from grey but dry Leicester. Washing to do, parcel to pick up and I may try to pop in to the optician. I woke up on Sunday rubbing my eye and I think I may have scratched the cornea. Very sore still and now a bit gunky - perhaps infected? Ho hum! Then photography, supermarket and collect dry cleaning. I realise I should already be up and started!
Byeee!

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 07-May-19 08:25:55

Good morning from east London, bright and apparently warmer than yesterday outside. Off to help cook a community lunch this morning (never done that before) and school pick up later. Quieter day than yesterday’s barbecue. Have a good day.

oldgaijin Tue 07-May-19 08:28:16

Good morning all from a bright, sunny Aberdeenshire. My lovely cleaning friend comes today and the mutt is going to a friend for mad romps in the woods. She lost her dog last year, so it will good for her to meet fellow dog walkers again.
I have the oncologist this afternoon so fingers crossed that it is good news after my recent scan.
Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Tue 07-May-19 08:32:04

Good luck oldgaijin I know how you are feeling!

annsixty Tue 07-May-19 08:37:02

Fingers firmly crossed for you oldgaijin.
Good morning all.

Sprout Tue 07-May-19 08:43:28

Morning Mick and everyone. Off to Womens Guild for the first time today a little nervous of course but looking forward to going none the less. Sunny here in Kent so that's a bonus no coat or umbrella needed. Have a good day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 07-May-19 08:47:24

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts. Into town later with sister, will try not to spend too much.
Hope all goes well with everyone.
Fabulous fish Flo.