Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Thu 09-May-19 06:11:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Have woken up to grey sky's this morning, usual day some housework then go out later to my usual coffee haunts, first in Bicester , then Buckingham.
Mick

Beechnut Thu 09-May-19 06:17:28

Good Morning everyone.
The start to the day is murky dismal and damp here on Severnside. I knew I shouldn’t have cleaned the windows lol.
I’ve got a bit of homework to do today and then not sure what I will get up to.
Have the best day you can everyone ?

Ginny42 Thu 09-May-19 06:35:35

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's grey and murky in Cheshire too, but cheer yourself up and check the weather forecast for next week. Yeah! Warm and sunny! On the BBC anyway!

Painting group this morning where I hope to finish a painting I've been working on for weeks. Not because it's any good, but because I'm a fiddler. Out for dinner with friends tonight.

Hope all who haven't been well lately are on the mend. flowers

kittylester Thu 09-May-19 06:58:16

Morning all from a very wet North Leicestershire.

Your cleaner is coming this morning and I have Wolfie so I hope the rain stops so we can go for a walk.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 09-May-19 06:59:33

Good morning Mick Beechnut and Ginny42 and those who follow. It’s dry and seems mild here in South Manchester and I can just see the ridge of the Pennines. Be nice if those weather forecasters are right about next week’s warm spell as yesterday was decidedly chilly!

I’m an early bird this morning as I’m up and dressed, ready to drive over to mind our grandson again today. He was sick yesterday with a tummy bug so although he slept well and is apparently brighter, he still has a slight temperature and needs to stay off school again.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether there are plans or none. x

Brunette10 Thu 09-May-19 07:06:53

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's dull here in Fife but no rain I'm glad to say, it poured all day yesterday and poor fencers worked so hard from 7.45 until 5.30 - they were drenched. However so far fence looking good. They will return today to finish off. Have some shopping to do and general tidied up from DGS's yesterday. Hope today is good to everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 09-May-19 07:12:58

Good morning all from a damp and murky Northampton.
Sainsbury delivery this morning then I am off into town to meet a friend for lunch. We shall have a mooch around the shops afterwards.
Excellent film yesterday about Bert Trautmann, the German POW who played for Man City (not Utd, as I had thought). Very sad in places. DH would have loved it.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Thu 09-May-19 07:13:15

I dont know whether your cleaner is coming but our's is.

kittylester Thu 09-May-19 07:18:32

Flipping heck - ours!

MawBroonsback Thu 09-May-19 07:18:34

Good morning from ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️ N Bucks!
I am off to the V&A to see both the Dior and Mary Quant exhibitions. Do I wear my bustle or my mini skirt?
(Don’t go there, MB!)
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

NfkDumpling Thu 09-May-19 07:19:21

Morning All

After a really wet day yesterday its sunny and warmer here today in the north of Norfolk.

The washing machine is chugging away to itself and I have high hopes of getting everything dry outside. And maybe get some of the plants we bought on Wednesday planted out.

NanKate Thu 09-May-19 07:21:52

Morning Mick and All.

Sun coming through the mist here in South Bucks.

Off for coffee with a GN member this morning. It’s our first get together and I am looking forward to meeting her.

Have fun with Wolfie * Kitty*.

Grammaretto Thu 09-May-19 07:28:15

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Is that sunshine I can see? Whatever it is it has to be an Improvement on yesterday when I traipsed around Edinburgh trying on clothes for the forthcoming wedding. Needless to say, nothing was bought as I became more despondent by the foot aching minute, apart from a replacement coffee pot.
Maybe on-line is the way forward.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

NannyJan53 Thu 09-May-19 07:28:28

Good Morning from a rainy Black Country...again!

Tiler finished the job in the kitchen yesterday, so all we need now is the sockets and switches to be replaced and a window blind and the Kitchen is finished. Only took 3 months smile

No real plans today, may have a walk into town if the rain stops.

Enjoy your coffee meet NanKate

Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Thu 09-May-19 07:38:00

Morning Mick, morning All from a dismal, grey corner of Somerset. Enjoyed a retail therapy day yesterday, back to normal with the housework and a (boring no doubt) meeting I really should go to but actually don’t want to. Wonder which bit of me will win hmm. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 09-May-19 07:39:24

Good morning from east London, was quite sunny earlier on but clouds have come over. Tennis this morning then choir tonight with a nice gap between. Have a good day.

DoraMarr Thu 09-May-19 07:40:34

Good morning from a very wet Birmingham. I’m off to fetch my grandaughter shortly. We have our toddler pottery course this morning, then one of her favourite things, a trip to Aldi.
Keep warm and dry, everyone, and Maw, have a nice day- I must try to get to the V&A.

1inamillion Thu 09-May-19 07:55:01

Good Morning from a dry and breezy S Welsh coast.
DH is going to the local N Trust property this morning to a meeting and do some work on the archive. He hasn't been able to go much recently as he's been looking after me. DD is home safely from holiday and is back in work today.
Our cleaner is also coming this morning.

Have a pleasant day everyone.

aggie Thu 09-May-19 07:55:15

Good Morning All , another miserable wet morning , nothing planned , tv and crochet seems to be the best bet

Greyduster Thu 09-May-19 08:03:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey but dry and cool in South Yorkshire after yesterday’s day of non stop rain. I have a huge pile of ironing threatening to fall over and crush me, so that is my ‘task du jour’! School run this afternoon. Have a good day folks.

Marydoll Thu 09-May-19 08:15:58

Good morning all from a breezy Glasgow.

Another day in for me, just pottering about and taking it easy, which is so difficult for someone like me, who is always out and about.
DH will have to pick up DGD from nursery, as I'm not able to drive at the moment.☹️. It's such a pain! I'm so looking forward to seeing her, she is such a tonic.

Have a pleasant day everyone, Maw, I'm envious of your trip!?

Pittcity Thu 09-May-19 08:24:36

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It poured here all day yesterday and rain is due again this afternoon. We will get out for a walk this morning and tackle the ironing later.

harrigran Thu 09-May-19 08:32:23

Good morning from a grey, wet NE.
Nothing planned as DH has lunchtime appointment again. I need to do some tidying up as we will have a houseful on Sunday.
Postal voting forms have arrived, shall spend some time reading up on candidates.

Auntieflo Thu 09-May-19 08:32:26

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all other GN's. It is dull here, but dry, after yesterday's torrential pourings, anything is better. Nothing planned, so a very lazy start for us this morning. DH is not his usual self, and I am concerned
Have a good day one and all.

Nannytopsy Thu 09-May-19 08:50:54

Dry now in Leicester but clearly rained recently. I have felt as if I have something in my eye since I woke on Sunday. Been to the opticians once but I shall go back today as I can’t keep my eye open anymore. Enjoy your days everyone!