Gransnet forums

Chat

Aldi Anger

(32 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Fri 10-May-19 19:53:57

On 29th April I ordered 2 wooden garden drugs and looked forward to planting them up.
2nd May, email saying order with me in 3-5 days
5th May, emsil saying order dispatched.
6th: no tracking info on Hermes site.
7th 8th 9th 10th all ditto.
Several phone calls to Aldi over those days (and wait times between 16-28 mins) given several different excuses incl their systems down for 4 days from 2nd-5th and I'm no further on.
Aldi insist it was with Hermes from 5th.
I emailed Hermes today who replied that they had notification of the 'ticket' on 5th but not received any parcel and I must contact seller. Tracking also shows not received.
Aldi say Hermes aren't telling truth.
I've never had any problems with Hermes and now find that my Aldi order has sold out online so no hope of re-ordering. This was my first Aldi purchase...never again.
Has anyone else had Aldi angst?

GabriellaG54 Fri 10-May-19 19:54:51

hmmdrugs trugs smile

lemongrove Fri 10-May-19 19:55:41

No, never bought from them, not good enough though is it?
What did you really order btw?

phoenix Fri 10-May-19 19:56:16

Have never ordered anything online from Aldi!

lemongrove Fri 10-May-19 19:56:24

grin

Callistemon Fri 10-May-19 20:03:16

I was just wondering which drugs could be ordered online from Aldi wink

I didn't know they had an online shop, so no, I have never ordered from them.
Are there any other stockists?
I do hope you get your money back.

Callistemon Fri 10-May-19 20:06:50

I just had a look - they look rather nice.

Perhaps they will have more in.

KatyK Fri 10-May-19 20:07:10

Not goid. We ordered some wine online from Aldi. It arrived when they said it would.

Cherrytree59 Fri 10-May-19 20:29:31

Will these do instead Magic ??????

No have not ordered from Aldi,
Can't think why?? slipped up there
hmm

GabriellaG54 Fri 10-May-19 20:29:53

lemongrove
2 wooden garden troughs not trugs or drugs confusedblush

rascal Fri 10-May-19 20:41:14

I order Christmas food hampers from Aldi for my family which are delivered direct to their addresses. I have never had any problems. But I never order anything that is to be delivered by Hermes to my home as Hermes is very slow and unreliable in this area, they are just useless!

Poppyred Fri 10-May-19 20:58:25

Never had any problems with ordering online from Aldi.

annodomini Fri 10-May-19 21:10:30

I ordered foundation from Aldi without any hitches. Our local Hermes couriers are usually very reliable.

rosecarmel Fri 10-May-19 21:16:28

Aldi U.S. Only has same day grocery delivery through Instacart, no other items - We drive from one location to the next if an item we are looking to purchase is sold out at our local store - My favorite Aldi item is seasonal, available Oct/Nov, it's their Rosemary dish soap ..

rosecarmel Fri 10-May-19 21:17:42

Those are sweet troughs ..

BradfordLass72 Sat 11-May-19 06:49:45

We have no Aldi here but I once treated my son and his fiancee to a case of wine from a very reputable supplier.

It took three months to get from one side of the city to the other, despite repeated phone calls and e-mails.

During these negotiations, they offered me 'compensation' - a bottle of wine which arrived within the week (at this stage the case still had not materialised) and when opened it was absolutely revolting.

After the case was finally delivered, the box battered and damaged, I had repeated calls from the wine merchants wanting me to buy even more 'specials' but, in the nicest possible way, I told them to get corked.

Harris27 Sat 11-May-19 06:55:23

Shop at aldi never had a problem with them.

Oldwoman70 Sat 11-May-19 07:10:44

I never order for any company which uses Hermes - I think the problem is probably Hermes rather than Aldi.

ninathenana Sat 11-May-19 08:34:46

I had no idea Aldi had an on line service.
I've had no problems with Hermes apart from one rather rude driver, although I've seen several FB posts complaining about rubbish service. I agree that it is probably their fault.

Alima Sat 11-May-19 08:39:03

Lovely looking troughs shame they didn’t arrive. Have a look on a local- to-you selling site as someone may be making something similar to order as I know they are here. Never shopped with Aldi. Had loads of deliveries via Hermes, never had a problem with them.

MawBroonsback Sat 11-May-19 09:11:56

I am sure it comes down to the local depot and courier. I have always had brilliant service from Hermes and DPD but have head cautionary tales from others.
Didn’t know Aldi did an online service, but there are some lovely Sussex trugs on the long river company!

MawBroonsback Sat 11-May-19 09:14:23

Oops sorry, I have just seen they were troughs.
Pity, I rather like the idea of wafting around the garden in a straw hat and floaty skirt, Sussex trug over my arm, deadheading the roses like Jill Archer.

DoraMarr Sat 11-May-19 09:32:13

Mawbroonsback I had that daydream too! We used to live in a house with a very big garden, and I always had that image of myself, straw hat and trug, knowing the Latin names for shrubs and advising people on the best time to plant out perennials. However, it seems you have to put a bit of work in, and I discovered I’m just not that interested. I have a balcony now, and to my amazement I have successfully grown tomatoes, peas, herbs, and peppers, as well as flowers I don’t even know the names of, and yesterday someone remarked on how healthy my Aldi strawberry plants looked. I honestly haven’t touched them since I put them in a pot two weeks ago. Benign neglect, I think: it seemed to work with my children.

silverlining48 Sat 11-May-19 09:32:59

Have never had any problem with Aldi, whatever we have ordered has always been delivered promptly.

However Hermes delivered something fragile,not from Aldi, by throwing it over 7’ gates onto concrete our concrete drive.
Left a note saying it was by the gates, we looked, couldn't see it til next morning when it lay smashed on the other side of the gates.

MawBroonsback Sat 11-May-19 10:10:49

DoraMarr grin