Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Mon 13-May-19 06:12:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky over Brackley this morning , usual day for me .
hopefully a trip to cemetery with flowers , before cycling on TV.
Mick

BlueSapphire Mon 13-May-19 06:27:42

Good morning *Mick" and all to come.
A lovely morning again in Northampton.
Yoga this morning and then a good clean and tidy up this afternoon, as hosting a coffee morning tomorrow, and the place is looking a bit dusty and untidy!
Very proud of my DD who walked the 26 miles around London on Saturday night for the annual Moonwalk. (in aid of breast cancer).
Hope everyone's day goes well.

Beechnut Mon 13-May-19 06:40:33

Good Morning all, Mick and BlueSapphire well done for your daughter.?
A sunny morning on Severnside.
It’s DD birthday ?and I’m taking her for lunch at a dog friendly pub.
I hope you all enjoy your day ?

Nana3 Mon 13-May-19 06:42:31

Good morning all, warm weather is back in Lancashire, hoping to enjoy some gardening today.
Well done to your DD BlueSapphire, good luck with the coffee morning.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Mon 13-May-19 06:47:15

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunshine in S Bucks.

Off to Keep Fit this morning, haven’t been for some time so I hope I can keep up ! Then having my feet done.

26 miles that’s some walk Blue well done to your daughter.

kittylester Mon 13-May-19 06:51:54

Morning all. North Leicestershire is bright and sunny already.

We are off to the big blue and yellow warehouse this morning. Our garden umbrella has rotted because we didn't take it in over the last couple of winters. blush

Well done to your daughter, BlueSapphire.

1inamillion Mon 13-May-19 07:11:31

Morning Mick and everyone.
A gorgeous morning on S Welsh coast with no wind.

Our hanging baskets were delivered yesterday, our Dil's father does them. He brought some sweet pea plants as well.
Had a nice BBQ with the family yesterday afternoon.
Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Mon 13-May-19 07:23:35

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it promises to be another lovely day.
Well done to your DD BlueSapphire ! I did the half marathon Moonwalk 10 years ago in Edinburgh. It was one of life's amazing. but never to be repeated, experiences.
The worst part for a lark like me was waiting until midnight before we could begin.
A bit of gardening and more spring cleaning are on today's agenda and awaiting a visitor from the USA.

MawBroonsback Mon 13-May-19 07:25:40

Good morning from sunny N Bucks!
A bit whacked after the weekend, DD2, SIL and Flynn came to stay on Saturday and after lunch we went to look at the new MK Gallery which is lovely. Yesterday after a morning walk to the playground, we drove up to Birmingham for eldest DGS’ s 9th birthday-all in the garden , so all the cousins could run around, play table tennis or kick a ball around or play on their bouncy castle(which is proving an investment, bought 2 years ago and much in demand!) while we enjoyed a glass of cold something. The London family broke the journey south to get Flynn into his PJs, pick up car snacks and tea and coffee before the trek down the M1&25 which is always hell on a Sunday night.
Decorator arrives in an hour to start on our/my bedroom so I am treasuring this half hour of peace with a mug of tea .
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Urmstongran Mon 13-May-19 07:26:29

Good morning everyone from a fresh but sunny South Manchester. It promises to be a fine day.

No plans at all here today.

Well done to your daughter BlueSapphire that’s some achievement and for a great cause.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none at all. x

MawBroonsback Mon 13-May-19 07:27:17

I meant to add.
Congratulations to BlueSapphire’s daughter, well done. I imagine it was a bit nippy last night too!

gillybob Mon 13-May-19 07:35:12

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s a lovely bright and sunny start to the day here on the North East coast. Promises to be a lovely day. Shame I will not see most of it as it’s back to “that place”, wishing it was Friday already.

Well done BlueSapphires daughter for walking 26 mile. Such a good cause too.

Have a good Monday everyone x

NfkDumpling Mon 13-May-19 07:48:27

Morning All

A still, bright sunny clear skied (apart from con-trails) morning here in the north of Norfolk. A very chilly night last night though.

Sitting for DGD2 this afternoon while DD2 goes for a doctor’s check up, otherwise another day in the garden.

DGD1 and DGD 3 (sisters) did a 5K run for Cancer Research yesterday quite an achievement for the seven year old who usually only runs in short sprints! I think Cancer Research must have raised quite a bit yesterday.

NannyJan53 Mon 13-May-19 07:55:13

Good Morning from a very sunny Black Country.

Had a lovely family get together for Partners brothers 70th. We were all outside, but it did get rather cold by 10pm. Food was Fish and chips! Which was lovely, but we had the same for dinner the evening before!

Stayed overnight in a hotel, and arrived home after a detour to a Garden centre about 3pm.

No plans today as I have to wait for an Electrician to appear, which is a shame as it is a lovely day for my Monday Walking for Health walk.

Enjoy your day everyone.

harrigran Mon 13-May-19 07:55:26

Good morning, it is dry but not as sunny as yesterday. The forecast is promising though.
DH has mid morning appointment so I will tootle around and tidy up after the family gathering yesterday.
Well done to your DD BlueSapphire.

Pittcity Mon 13-May-19 07:58:44

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Walking Netball this morning after Bank Holiday break...why are they always on Mondays?

Greyduster Mon 13-May-19 08:01:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright sunny South Yorkshire this morning. GS is not well enough to go to school, full of cold, so his dad is bringing him over to us today. He shall be suitably cosseted ?!
Have a good day folks.

Brunette10 Mon 13-May-19 08:03:32

Good Morning all from a beautiful morning in Fife. I believe it’s to be a gorgeous day. Will have a visit to garden centre whilst their 20% off to get some bits and bobs. Well done to Bluesaphhires daughter on her marathon walk, great achievement, very well done. I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Marydoll Mon 13-May-19 08:09:11

Good morning from a sunny Glasgow.

Another easy day for me today.
I sat chatting in DS' garden yesterday, not realising how fierce the sun was. One side of my face looks like a tomato ? and the other is chalk white.
I look ridiculous!?

A friend is coming for a short visit this afternoon, we should be able to sit in the garden and set the world to rights.
I have been putting visitors off, as I felt so unwell.
The first step back to normality.
Congratulations to Blue sapphire daughter. What an achievement.
Have a good day all.

Justme67 Mon 13-May-19 08:14:35

Good morning to you all, like everyone we have a really bright start to the day, a little chilly but warming up now. Not a lot planned, will try to get another window cleaned and fresh net curtains put up, and then in the garden for a little bit if light gardening. Well done your daughter Bluesapphire, one wonders what charities would do without the folk who are willing and able to give their time for fund raising. Take care everyone and enjoy your days

cornergran Mon 13-May-19 08:19:04

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Not quite sure what the day will bring, not much unless I stir myself. Congratulations to bluesaphire’s daughter, an achievement for sure. Enjoy that first step marydoll. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Sprout Mon 13-May-19 08:37:08

Morning Mick and all. Lovely morning in Kent. Washing today and tidy up after weekend. Rubbish out so exciting. Have a good day whatever you are doing.

oldgaijin Mon 13-May-19 08:39:16

Good morning from a bright Aberdeenshire...it's a wee bit nippy but I think I will chance putting my tomatoes in the greenhouse at last. I can always give them a layer of bubble wrap at night if they need it.
More woodland romps for the mutt today then going to a friend to help her make shirts in to cushion covers. The shirts belonged to her late husband and her daughter's each want a memento of their Dad.
Have a great day everyone.

aggie Mon 13-May-19 08:50:36

Good Morning all , still in PJs , lovely sunny day here . We are going to a National Trust place today , they charge for the whole kaboodle , but we only want to walk the garden sad

Anniebach Mon 13-May-19 08:53:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

As usual. Not going anywhere. Not doing anything.

Hope everyone has a good day x