Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops Kitchen , kindness and cake served with love. Come on in !

(1000 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 22:11:23

Oooooh I’m all excited now......

grannyqueenie Wed 15-May-19 22:17:04

Good work, n&g, I’m not genteel either! If I was I wouldn’t be wondering if grampy might rather enjoy your response to the very word...well maybe not the fainting bit! grin

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-May-19 22:18:04

Excellent- we are up and running yet again. The next few weeks are going to be better- I said so!
TOYA

NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 22:19:48

Grannyqueenie I’m sure he would be delighted but let’s not encourage him ??

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-May-19 22:23:59

corner pleased to hear you have had a good day out. Are you sure those beautiful photos were taken in this country?!

An early night for both of you I think. I thought Tara had the right idea creeping upstairs to bed hours ago but she has joined me looking for food and cuddles.

Greyduster Wed 15-May-19 22:27:21

See you all tomorrow, folks! Sleep tight!

NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 22:29:01

Night night !

Alygran Wed 15-May-19 22:33:19

Night night from me too

cornergran Wed 15-May-19 22:35:05

Hello new kitchen smile. Excellent n&g. I’ll risk another photo or two. The garden is in Lydney charley, bit of a trog but worth it. Sleep well everyone.

Doodle Wed 15-May-19 22:39:45

Wow a new kitchen up and running already. Looks fabulous. Thank you N&G . I trust it’s the kitchen you are all exited about ........it’s not grampy being frisky agin is it ?
I’m off to bed now. Sleep well all (and don’t forget to save me a slice of any cake that makes its way into the new kitchen) ??? night night.

grannyqueenie Wed 15-May-19 22:45:02

Great photos, corner, it looks like you had a grand day out. Hope your feet recover from all that tramping around!

Sleep well kitchen friends! xx

Bellanonna Wed 15-May-19 22:48:49

Thanks, and night!

Marydoll Wed 15-May-19 22:55:24

Just popping in, so that I can find you tomorrow!?
Night all.

Nannytopsy Wed 15-May-19 23:10:28

Night night x

Nannytopsy Wed 15-May-19 23:20:47

I have just recapped the end of the last kitchen and thank you all for your concern. A very brusque nurse practitioner had a good look but couldn’t see anything left in the eye. Both eyes are very dry from blepharitis ( which I now realise I have had since childhood!) so the scratches from last week feel sore. New drops, although neither local Chemist had them. Only took 4 hours!

callgirl1 Wed 15-May-19 23:36:31

Beautiful photos Corner, I`m glad you enjoyed your day out.

annsixty Thu 16-May-19 07:29:37

Good morning all.
I am still in bed but it looks another lovely day.
Hope everyone's troubles are little ones in our lovely new kitchen.
I saw rhe solicitor yesterday and put dealing with the will in her hands, I just didn't want the hassle of dealing withit myself.
I came back on the bus which was empty apart from me.
It is a local community bus so the driver dropped me back just round the corner from my home and I didn't see anyone at all.
I have accepted invites to two afternoon teas in the next few weeks, they are for Inner Wheel charities.
My neighbour is a member and would like me to join.
I think I may not take to it but I will see.
Have the best day you can manage everyone.

kittylester Thu 16-May-19 07:31:19

Morning - those chocolate bits were quite small and difficult to see doodle, but I found you anyway!

Well done on opening the new kitchen n&g.

Lovely photos corner and a colourful start to our new kitchen. Let's hope it augers well for us all.

Hope the eye is easier this morning topsy.

If anyone was kept awake by loud cheers last night it might have been DGS1 who was watching Derby County get the the playoff final. Alternatively, it could have been my DH moaning. As a Forest season ticket holder he is a dedicated Rams hater. I keep reminding him that I was born in Derby but he is adamant.

The photo is my very cool DGS. I dont think he was cool last night.

annsixty Thu 16-May-19 07:56:00

Thankyou for that piece of good news kitty my DH would have been over the moon a few years ago.
He was a lifelong Derby supporter and went to his first match in something like 1947.
I went to just one match with him, hated it and that was that.
Our first GD has Darby as a middle name and we could never convince him that she was not named after his passion.

annsixty Thu 16-May-19 07:57:04

P.S.
What a very handsome young man.?

kittylester Thu 16-May-19 08:02:37

I think our posts crossed ann.

I'm so glad you are getting out. Small steps and all that. You have lots of inner strength, as we all know, so I'm sure you will be fine.

Enjoy your teas! brewcupcake

Glad you have handed the responsibility for the will over - you deserve to have less stress for a while.

NanaandGrampy Thu 16-May-19 09:19:59

Morning all !!

Another blue sky morning here - I could get used to this !!

I forgot to say in the old kitchen , how much I loved your photograph Kitty , a real treasure.

What a handsome lad too !

That sounds like a plan Ann , after all, you might like it . So worth testing the waters. How is the lovely Molly getting on ?

Fingers crossed those new drops do the trick Nannyt .

Lovely pictures Corner , I feel very summery this morning with everything going green in the garden.

We are in prepping mode for the arrival of the little boys tomorrow for the weekend. Bedrooms to clean and shopping to get and plans to be made. PLEASE let the nice weather continue :-)

Happy day all x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-May-19 09:42:14

Good morning kitcheners, lovely bright new kitchen, let's hope it brings joy and calm to us all.

Blue skies and warm in SE Essex, I have a "pottering" day ahead, lots of little jobs have stacked up and today's the day to get them sorted!!!!

I am now going to get up and started!

Croissants, honey and fruit left on the side. ?????

TOYA ??

Nannytopsy Thu 16-May-19 10:13:58

Morning all! What a beautiful day again. Dashing around with the vacuum etc for another viewing at lunchtime.
The eye is weepy but not as sore so defying the mend. wink

Doodle Thu 16-May-19 11:38:07

nannyt glad the eye is beginning to feel better.
kitty what a handsome young man. If I were 30 years younger! (oh ok then 50 years younger grin )
GG thank you for a lovely breakfast offer. Yummy ?
panache hope you have found the new kitchen and are still able to keep up even if not able to post. Still thinking of you both
TOYA hope you have a sunshine day

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion