Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Thu 23-May-19 06:13:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice sunny start here in Brackley this morning, back to my usual routine of going to Buckingham and Bicester on the buses.
Also some housework, and acase of putting an X in a box as well.
Mick

DoraMarr Thu 23-May-19 06:22:21

Good morning, Micheal, from sunny Birmingham. Awake early thinking about the European elections, for the first time in my life I am not sure who to vote for. I’m going to do some ironing before I pick up my grandaughter, then it’s toddler pottery class, home for lunch, and a walk up to the polling station with her. Maybe I’ll have a nap this afternoon with her!
Enjoy your day!

Beechnut Thu 23-May-19 06:25:27

Good Morning everyone.
Dry and cloudy on Severnside this morning.
I was a minute ahead on guessing the time when I woke up.
U3A class today then voting.
I hope you all have a lovely day ?

Ginny42 Thu 23-May-19 06:28:22

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Yes it's that vote today!
It's reasonably bright here in Cheshire and I'm hoping for a lovely day like yesterday. The woodpecker was very active and noisy drilling away in the wood earlier.
Painting group this morning. A new member joined who has a wonderful technique and I'm hoping to learn from him today.

Enjoy your day and anyone feeling unwell, be sure to take care of yourself.

kittylester Thu 23-May-19 06:30:11

Morning mick, dora, all.

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire. I'm helping on yet another Alzheimers Society Stall today, then a trip to Sainsburys for a quick shop and then the polling station. I have no idea who to vote for either. confused

Enjoy your days everyone.

ninathenana Thu 23-May-19 06:44:14

Morning everyone.
Sunny start in Kent although there are a few white clouds.
Weekly shop today rather than tomorrow as we are attending a funeral tomorrow. (Nobody close)
I'm going to be brave and say I'm not voting shock I couldn't even name you a candidate let alone tell you their manifesto.

Have a lovely day everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 23-May-19 06:45:30

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Off on the bus with Mum to Stafford today, as she wants to go the Records office there. Will take an hour, but no hassle of driving, no car parking, and the bus is free! smile

Then the polling station later. I do not who I am NOT voting for!

Have a good day everyone

harrigran Thu 23-May-19 06:48:16

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH has just left for his hospital appointment, a drive to the next city and he needs to be there at 8am.
Quiet day for me.

Lins1066 Thu 23-May-19 06:53:14

It's a Good Morning all from me ( formerly 1inamillion)

It is a bright and sunny morning on the S Welsh coast.
Had physio yesterday on my foot and was given exercises, so it is sore this morning.

For the first time, I have had a postal vote, so DH will drop it in the appropriate box when he goes to exercise his franchise later. I wonder what the total poll will be?

Have a good day everyone.

teabagwoman Thu 23-May-19 07:17:29

Good morning from a warm and cloudy Northampton. I’m new here so hope it’s ok to join in. Just having breakfast then a short walk to the polling station. I know who I’m voting for but had to go online to check whether the party I want to support has candidates in this area. Then I need to get a traybake iced for dgd’s school cake sale before heading over to my daughter’s. She’s had surgery and isn’t allowed to do much. Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 23-May-19 07:19:40

Welcome teabagwoman everyone is very friendly here. I hope your DD recovers quickly flowers

gillybob Thu 23-May-19 07:24:02

A bright and breezy start here on the NE coast. I’m all on my own in the breakfast cafe this morning as all the little people have gone home. It seems so quiet and dare I say peaceful. Just enjoying my cuppa then off to “that place” in about an hour. Thank goodness it’s Thursday and only one and a half days to go.

Your poor DH must be fed up with all those early morning dashes and trying to get parked harri I hope it’s finished for him soon.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

Brunette10 Thu 23-May-19 07:27:46

Good Morning from a bright but breezy Fife today, it's rather chilly. Have no specific plans for today but need shopping done. DH's birthday went fine yesterday with DGS's partaking in the cake ceremony. Hope today is good for everyone.

Marydoll Thu 23-May-19 07:30:02

Good morning all from a cool Glasgow, I have asked DH to stick the heating on for an hour, the house is quite chilly.
Waiting in for repairman, DH managed to break a control knob on MY new cooker, when I was in hospital. Quote: "How would I know what way it turns, I don't use it!!!!". Hoisted by his own petard. grin
Apart from voting and picking up grandaughter from nursery . I'm taking it easy today, I'm stilll feeling pretty rubbish!

Welcome, teabagwoman, we are a friendly and supportive group here! smile

Enjoy your day everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 23-May-19 07:39:35

Good morning from a bright and sunny ? Northampton

Up to DS's again this morning for a shower. Spent half an hour on the phone yesterday to British Gas who I find have done nothing about my recent breakdown. I had a good rant at them and was offered paltry compensation. They are sending an engineer out this afternoon to survey the airing cupboard, (where the hot water tank is) and then hopefully they will order a new one. I am fed up with having no hot water.

Then will go to vote, as polling station is near DS's house.

Hope today goes better....

Justme67 Thu 23-May-19 07:46:28

Good morning to you all; it looks like another lovely day for us today, and I have two friends coming to take me out to lunch (that's what friends are for). I am looking forward to that, and the chat. I have a plan for today again, managed half of what I planned yesterday, but the garden chair was very inviting and went well with the coffee I must resist that temptation today, and of course there is always tomorrow.
Travelers have taken over where I usually go for my coffee morning on Friday, so probably won't be able to enjoy my usual Scrabble.
It is the little things that irritate. Take care.

Luckygirl Thu 23-May-19 07:54:04

Weather lovely here on Welsh border.

Appt at surgery for 8.20 - bit early for me!

Mapleleaf Thu 23-May-19 08:01:55

Good morning all,
It's bright but still a little chilly here in SY today.
Welcome teabagwoman.
I've done my voting, so that's one thing off the list.
I had a very busy and productive day in the garden yesterday, planting up pots and baskets. There are still a few left to do, but I've run out of fancy pots and compost so it's a trip to the garden centre at the weekend.
Today I'm meeting some more GN's for lunch and doing one or two tasks whilst I'm out and about.
Hope you all have a nice day. ?

NanKate Thu 23-May-19 08:02:29

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny with clouds in South Bucks.

Welcome Teabag as Mary said we are a friendly group and like to know about each others’ activities and the weather all over the U.K. and beyond.

Voted by post but it was a difficult choice.

Sorry you are having such problems with your health Mary I’m sure your little one will cheer you up.

Grammaretto Thu 23-May-19 08:13:02

Good Morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. Thanks for the reminder about voting. I'll need to look online to read about them as we've only had one flyer and it is in Welsh!

I'm not sure where the polling place is now as they changed it but it's often the only time I meet my neighbours and I have a bone to pick with them.

I helped at the High school yesterday with their school garden. We were saving ladybirds and discussing eating rhubarb raw! Ain't life fun when you're retired.

Urmstongran Thu 23-May-19 08:13:21

A very good morning everyone from gloriously sunny Malaga! My husband has gone out for his usual constitutional- it takes him about an hour up and down the paseo and comes in ready for a good hot shower.

We have already voted - we have postal votes to accommodate our to-ing and fro-ing. Remember ladies, as my lovely dad used to say, if you don’t vote I don’t want to hear you complain in the next 4 years (although they were general elections, fair enough). The results will be out on Monday as for example the Spanish vote this Sunday and all results are released together.

Hello to teabagwoman it’s lovely to have a new member.
BlueSapphire how bluddy annoying having to wait so long for a straightforward job to be done no wonder you were fuming.

Well it’s time for my second cuppa and decide whether to spend the day on the beach or in our beautiful gardens and use the pool. It’s a hard life but someone’s got to do it!

Hope Thursday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none. x

travelsafar Thu 23-May-19 08:15:28

Morning everyone.Looks fine outside although a little overcast. Feeling tired after being out all day yesterday on a coach trip. Off out to lunch today to celebrate my daughter's birthday, then i plan some quiet time for the rest of the afternoon and evening as out again tomorrow all day visiting Hatfield House.
Best wishes for those of you with health problems or any other issues going on in your life. Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Thu 23-May-19 08:17:15

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Postal votes sorted, a catch up day ahead, cleaning, ironing and planting some pots if the energy remains. Hello teabag, good to see you. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Thu 23-May-19 08:17:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire and after we have voted we are off for a jaunt to Hardwick Hall. We have been before but can’t remember that much about it. It’s not far away from here. GS is playing football this evening, so we may pop over there and watch. Welcome Teabagwoman! Have a good day folks.

BlueSapphire Thu 23-May-19 08:30:33

Welcome teabagwoman from a fellow Gransnetter in Northampton! Hope you enjoy the site.