Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-May-19 06:08:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Back to usual routine later , with a bus trip to Bicester and Buckingham for coffees and shops.
But first some housework.
Mick

kittylester Tue 28-May-19 06:29:58

Morning Mick, morning all.

Morecambe is quite bright and the forecast is good but I'm not sure what we are going to do today.

BlueSapphire Tue 28-May-19 06:41:06

Good morning all. Northampton is looking bright this morning, but some dark-looking clouds in the sky.

Got the hedge trimmed yesterday and decided to cut the back grass, but two thirds of the way through got caught in a sudden heavy shower, so called it a day.

Up to DS's this morning for a shower, then back to await a Sainsbury's delivery.

No plans for the rest of the day. Hope everyone's day goes well.

travelsafar Tue 28-May-19 06:43:15

Morning all. Overcast here ast the moment. Workmen due this morning to put in a handrail up the staircase and this afternoon to check out a damp area on the ceiling in the bedroom. So not much will be done here to day by me, will take refuge in the garden me thinks.Have a lovely day one and all.

NannyJan53 Tue 28-May-19 06:52:03

Good Morning from a grey and damp Black Country.

My friend is here, but she will be off about 9am to a funeral. Then will pop back later this afternoon for a cuppa and chat before driving home to Stamford. We had a lovely BBQ with her last night, and I brought Mum over too, as she hadn't seen her since she moved 2 years ago.

I may take myself off to Birmingham this morning on the train. Oh the joys of the Senior Pass smile

Gosh, I haven't been to Morecombe for a about 15 years Kitty hope you are having a good time.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Ginny42 Tue 28-May-19 06:52:37

Good morning Mick and all from a very damp Cheshire. It's poured down in the night and it's still raining heavily. On the plus side the pots won't need watering!

I should stir myself and start an online course today, but keep putting it off. Enjoy your day everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 28-May-19 07:04:45

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cloudy again with showers.
Consultant appointment today with DH. It's always an anxious time.
I hope everyone's day goes well.

Lins1066 Tue 28-May-19 07:05:41

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It is a sunny here on S Wales coast.
Hydrotherapy appointment this morning.
Wishing all a pleasant day.

NanKate Tue 28-May-19 07:05:48

Morning Mick and All.

Nice day here in West Sussex with the grandsons. Taking them to the local activity farm just down the road.

Have fun in Morecambe Kitty.

NannyJ is there still a Rackhams in B’ham ? I remember a time when models paraded around the Restaurant. Are you too young to remember the other big store Barrows? Happy memories.

teabagwoman Tue 28-May-19 07:10:14

Morning all, as BlueSapphire says blue skies over Northampton at the moment. Had trouble sleeping last night so feeling a bit groggy this morning. Off to look after DD for the day.

Beechnut Tue 28-May-19 07:10:40

Good Morning everyone.
A sunny and cloudy start to the day on Severnside.
I’m going swimming this morning and will see my brother later on.
Have a lovely day whatever you get up to ?

NannyJan53 Tue 28-May-19 07:15:45

NanKate I think Rackhams became House of Fraser, but that now is scheduled to close this year I think.

I don't remember Barrows, but I am only 65 smile

NanKate Tue 28-May-19 07:20:46

Thank you for the update NannyJ. You are a mere babe I am 72.

Urmstongran Tue 28-May-19 07:27:41

Good morning everyone from Malaga. It’s warm already but with a mist over the sea. I expect it will clear later.

We don’t have plans but may go out somewhere this afternoon - we shall follow our noses.

I hope Tuesday is kind to all of us, whether we have plans or none. x

Marydoll Tue 28-May-19 07:29:11

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

Waiting in for cooker repair man, then DH will pick DGD up from nursery.

I'm still getting dizzy spells and the odd chest pain, so I'm not doing much at the moment .Hopefully cardiolgy appointment will come in soon.

Gramaretto, I hope all goes well with your DH's appointment.

Kitty, enjoy your holiday and for those looking after grandchildren today, enjoy!

DoraMarr Tue 28-May-19 07:39:21

Good morning from a cloudy Birmingham. I’m going to continue culling books today. I have a couple of bags of dvds and cds for OXFAM, and have cleared a lot of paperwork. The problem with books is that I keep reading them instead of sorting! I’ll go to my daughter’s for a cup of tea later, and then to my partner’s this evening.
Rackhams- yes, I remember the models in the restaurant! It was a half term treat to have tea in the restaurant, although I don’t ever remember my mother actually buying anything in the store. We treated it as a sort of museum! The Christmas window scenes were a destination in themselves.

harrigran Tue 28-May-19 07:44:33

Good morning from a cool, dqmp NE.
DH up early preparing for his hospital appointment which means I am awake too.
Yesterday's bank holiday was a wash out, I went shopping and it was only 8 degrees.

ninathenana Tue 28-May-19 07:46:17

Morning all.

The sun is out in Kent again this morning.
To DH's and my delight we had four fox cubs playing chase around our garden yesterday morning while mum sat on the fence watching.
It's Tuesday, so driving DH, shopping and coffee.
Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Tue 28-May-19 07:57:06

Good morning
Cloudy in North Yorkshire and it looks like it will rain soon. Drove home yesterday so shopping and catching up for me today. Must also book some airport car parking for my trip to Croatia next week.

Justme67 Tue 28-May-19 08:10:36

Good morning everyone, there is a chill in the air, and a rather watery sun is doing its' best to break through the light cloud. Had a bad nights' sleep again, it is becoming a habit, I can fall asleep easily in the armchair at 9.15pm, but that seems to ruin in chance of sleeping in bed, Never mind, it is another day and I am out with friends to a coffee morning with home made cakes, thank goodness. Take care

Sprout Tue 28-May-19 08:14:26

Morning Mick and all. Nice in this part of Kent. Rained all night but sun trying to come out. Brother and sister in law came for dinner yesterday we had a lovely day plenty of laughs. Clear up day today. Have a good day all and those looking after GC this week on half term enjoy I miss that so much all grown up now and the younger ones now live in France.

gillybob Tue 28-May-19 08:15:56

Good morning from a cool and damp NE coast . It’s been raining and the sky is grey, so a lot more to come I think.

2 days of childcare this week as it’s half term but we will probably have to change our plans if the weather stays as it is. DGD2 (11) is doing quite a long sponsored walk today so hope it doesn’t rain too heavy.

It’s my dads birthday today so I will be seeing him later on.

Enjoy Morcambe kitty we used to go there often when I was a child, but haven’t been for years. Hope your DH appointment goes well Gramaretto .

Have a good Tuesday everyone. x

oldgaijin Tue 28-May-19 08:20:35

Good morning from a cloudy Aberdeenshire...there are blinks of sunshine but it is still nippy outside.
This is chemo day so have been up early for shower etc and hung out a load of washing. Bird feeders are next and the pheasants are shouting for their corn.
My lovely chum who drives me comes at 9.00'ish so I better crack on! We have a rare blether going in to the hospital and stop at the "cheese scone shop" (Markies food) on the way home...they are wonderful, split and toasted, with a bowl of soup.

Greyduster Tue 28-May-19 08:23:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from an overcast South Yorkshire. We have had GS here overnight and he is just surfacing. I will take him to the cinema later (not grandad’s sort of film - he will take my books back to the library!). Kitty enjoy Morecambe - don’t go cockle picking though! Have a good day folks.

crazyH Tue 28-May-19 08:30:51

Goodmorning mick and all...have a nice day !