Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you doing this evening?

(73 Posts)
DoraMarr Sat 01-Jun-19 20:46:35

I’m going to have a g&t on the balcony and admire the sunset, then watch “Montalbano.” Then a nice early night with some short stories by Graham Greene.
To think in my teenage years, twenties and even thirties I thought it was really sad to be in on a Saturday night!

tanith Sat 01-Jun-19 20:50:21

Watching the footie

Avor2 Sat 01-Jun-19 20:56:57

This evening I am on the sofa, glass of wine and some nibbles and watching a film about the Hatton Garden Heist, (DH choice) quite good fun, well not watching it, its on and I am on here reading the forum, much more interesting.
Cheers DoraMarr sleep well. I too remember thinking that staying in on Saturday was sad - not now smile

Anniebach Sat 01-Jun-19 20:57:40

Playing Killer Sudoku

Squiffy Sat 01-Jun-19 20:58:23

Procrastinating! blush Again! blush blush

Coolgran65 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:00:04

DH is watching the Liverpool match, I'm with him but on GN.
After the football we will watch BGT which is being recorded. Nothing too exciting, though if Liverpool win DH will be well excited.

jura2 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:01:14

Been watering the garden as it was so hot today, and refilling the horses' water (not our horses- we host them in our meadow)- now watching Montalbano smile

annsixty Sat 01-Jun-19 21:01:29

So did I Dora , the absolute pits.
Now I have eaten, cleared away ,did have a G&T outside earlier but now am getting my Teasmade ready for the morning and off to my bed,
I may read for half an hour.
How are the mighty fallen?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:06:42

We have had a BBQ with Daughter and her partner, they have gone off to watch the football, Mr.Gravy and I are watching Kingsman on the TV with wine!!

Grammaretto Sat 01-Jun-19 21:08:45

who's winning?

I've just come through to my almost bare room . It's being emptied for the floor to be sanded.
The process of clearing has been quite cathartic. I've managed to discard a lot of rubbish. I was dreading doing this but I quite enjoyed it.

I also mowed the lawn this afternoon and it didn't rain.
Saturday night out! I remember them.

Riverwalk Sat 01-Jun-19 21:12:32

Watching the footie!

KatyK Sat 01-Jun-19 21:16:52

Having two glasses of wine in the pub smile

Sara65 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:17:06

Tidied up after visiting children, now sat on my sofa with my book!

I would once have been so depressed to be in on a Saturday night

crazyH Sat 01-Jun-19 21:18:06

Very high brow - watching soap awards

kittylester Sat 01-Jun-19 21:24:02

I couldn't contemplate going out on a Saturday night - or most other nights to be fair.

Dh is watching the football and I have watched Pointless. We have sone a fair bit in the garden todays so supper was late and eaten from a tray. Now that's what I call a Saturday night.

gillybob Sat 01-Jun-19 21:27:00

Well I’ve been in bed for half an hour already. Could have killed for a G&T or a small vino but I have had the baby since just after lunch and no doubt she will be singing with the birds at 5am. I’m tired thinking about it. I have the older children all day tomorrow and overnight as they have an “in service day” on Monday so this is proving to be a very tiring weekend.

Eglantine21 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:28:43

I made a simple supper of clear vegetable soup and a mushroom omelette.
Somehow it’s created a mountain of washing up, filling the sink and spilling over the worktops confused

crazyH Sat 01-Jun-19 21:29:37

I'm tired for you ?

Marmight Sat 01-Jun-19 21:32:33

Just come off the beach. Kids have had a ball ?‍♀️ and the adults have had a few ?. Happy days..

fairisle Sat 01-Jun-19 21:36:18

I was at the beach today,got in at 7pm,really good day out,relaxing at home now with a cup of tea.

gillybob Sat 01-Jun-19 21:38:20

It’s been cold and raining here in the NE for most of today. Definitely not a beach day. Had to put the heating on this afternoon.

annsixty Sat 01-Jun-19 21:39:00

Are you in Oz again Marmight?

Charlie888 Sat 01-Jun-19 21:47:34

Enjoying the lovely weather. Have hideous neighbours. So gathered up the food, toys. Balls. Stones. Chucked them in a black sack. Cooked a lovely new recipe for tea. Still sitting in garden listening to radio with earphones on. What a lovely warm evening.

Marmight Sat 01-Jun-19 21:48:11

No Ann, I'm in Exmouth! Beautiful day ?

annsixty Sat 01-Jun-19 22:01:39

What a bonus for you then
Warm but dull here in the north.
Enjoy.