Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-Jun-19 06:12:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Another bright dry and warm start this morning, here in Brackley.
Today will be a quiet day after yesterday.
Yesterday, I did notice on the flea market stall I frequent the stall holder had a chessboard c/w Chinese figures, with a price tag on of £45.
Final day of Giro today ,so will become a couch potato whilst watching , but in the town as well they have a soapbox derby plus HS2 are displaying as well.
Mick

Beechnut Sun 02-Jun-19 06:46:22

Good Morning everyone.
A dry and cloudy start on Severnside.
I finally got my plants into my the ground yesterday and did some weeding. Sat in the sun for a while reading then for once I had an early night.

Enjoy the day all of you ?

Pittcity Sun 02-Jun-19 06:49:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Quiet pottering Sunday with roast beef this evening.

Greyjoy1953 Sun 02-Jun-19 06:51:28

Morning Mick from a sunny Colchester. Spent the day at our beach hut yesterday with the family and friends was amazing. Off for an induction at a gym nearer my home this morning then off to have a nose around peoples gardens in a neighbouring village flowers so busy day ahead. Have a love day everyone.

Greyjoy1953 Sun 02-Jun-19 06:52:01

Or even lovely day ....

NanKate Sun 02-Jun-19 07:03:58

Morning Mick and All.

That chessboard sounds interesting Mick.

We are back home to a sunny, warm S Bucks.

Still having trouble with my tooth that needs to come out pdq. Will phone my emergency dentist this morning and see when the deadly deed can be done, not in pain but a swollen cheek, yes I know too much info for a Sunday morning.

Have a good day folks.

Sprout Sun 02-Jun-19 07:11:33

Morning Mick and all. A lot earlier today only because the dogs wanted to go out. Sun shining already so another hot day lovely. Quiet day sit in garden and soak up that sun. Hope everyone ok.

DoraMarr Sun 02-Jun-19 07:30:58

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is warm but with hazy clouds. A brisk walk in the park this morning, then my grandaughter will be arriving for a sleepover. Another, less brisk walk this afternoon, looking for insects, and maybe an ice cream in the park cafe.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 02-Jun-19 07:33:33

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny Malaga. Husband just gone out for his brisk morning walk before it gets too hot and I’ve made a cuppa and back to bed on here for an hour. They do say opposites attract ....

Blackbirds are singing their hearts out and the swallows are doing their amazing swoops and glides. I can smell the palm trees sat here by the open window and the Mediterranean is a deep cobalt blue.

No plans so we shall just see how the day unfolds.

Poor you NanKate your toothache sounds awful. I hope you can get that tooth pulled today to put you out of your misery. Did you even manage to sleep last night?

Hope Sunday is good to us all, whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Nannytopsy Sun 02-Jun-19 07:42:00

Morning all! Overcast but bright in Leicester and a visit to the tip is in order. We have about six weeks until we move ...

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Jun-19 07:48:50

Morning All

Just starting to cloud over a bit here in the north of Norfolk.

Just back from a weeks fantastic break driving around Iceland - now the dread of wondering how big the credit card bill will be. All those noughts, I gave up trying to figure out how much things cost in UK terms!

Hopefully the forecast rain will hold off until this evening here as it’s our towns Open Gardens and I’m helping.

kittylester Sun 02-Jun-19 07:49:25

Morning all from a warm and sticky ish north Leicestershire.

We are going to a pub in the village which has been refurbished and reopened this weekend. Then the garden centre again!!

I hope your tooth gets sorted quickly kate.

Justme67 Sun 02-Jun-19 08:10:31

Good morning to you all, hazy sunshine here which is becoming the norm these days Not a lot planned, might go to bowls with a friend, just to meet up with folk, other than that a day in the garden, enjoying the birds. Must remember that I cannot lift heavy pots, although I don't know how heavy they are until I try to lift them! Enjoy your days.

Auntieflo Sun 02-Jun-19 08:10:33

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all. It's going to be another hot one again today, so not a lot will get done. DD and SIL came yesterday, and his car does fit into our garage, just. (It may require a new electric door grin, or at least I think so). We shall see.
Birds are singing their hearts out, and I may have breakfast in the garden, before taking a chap to Church with us.
Have a good day one and all.

teabagwoman Sun 02-Jun-19 08:19:39

Northampton is cloudy and a bit breezy at the moment. Spotted a patch of ground elder in the garden so will have to try and get it under control. Bit of a thankless task as it’s coming .under the fence from next door. Nice family but no time for doing their garden. Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 02-Jun-19 08:20:22

Good morning all from a cloudy Northampton. What a lovely day yesterday! Sat in the garden with the cats in the afternoon and enjoyed the sunshine ?!

Nothing planned for today except hoping to get some gardening done, mainly weeding, tying in the roses and general tidying up.

Sun is now trying to come out!

Greyduster Sun 02-Jun-19 08:22:23

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s rather muggy and grey in South Yorkshire today and we have no plans. We may go for a look around the garden centre.
Cheer up, NfK - it’s only money! Hope you can get the tooth sorted soon, NanKate. Have a good day folks.

Grammaretto Sun 02-Jun-19 08:26:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Summer was yesterday. It's not looking too promising out there.
I have 10 people for lunch and no room ready to seat them as we've cleared it ready for its new floor. If it was warm enough they could sit outside. Wish me luck!
Have a nice day everyone. Toothache free if possible.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 02-Jun-19 08:32:17

Good morning from east London, bright and warm already. Had a good day yesterday. My tennis partner and I won the club 2018 (that is the right year) mixed doubles final then last night, went to a fantastic dance performance with DP. It was described as a fusion of street dance and ballet but thankfully I didn’t let that put me off. So today will be quiet until we pick up GD to take her home. She will not be happy as it’s school tomorrow. Have a good day.

EllanVannin Sun 02-Jun-19 08:51:31

Good morning All x
Not a bit like summer ! Obviously poured down during the night but didn't hear a thing ! A lot cooler with some heavy cloud and a watery-looking sun over the river.
Slept very deeply last night after having been awake since 4am yesterday------which is what usually happens, so thankful for the solid 8 hours !

Well I needn't bother about watering the neighbour's plants ! What a miserable day, 19 degrees my eye !
Nothing much doing today apart from Sunday lunch and rustle up an orange pudding-----quick, easy and tasty.
It's next weekend when I'll be meeting myself coming back with family's visit from Oz. This is the calm before the storm.

Hope everyone has a calm and peaceful day.

NannyJan53 Sun 02-Jun-19 08:52:28

Good Morning from a warm but cloudy Black Country

Had a none day yesterday! Woke up and felt dizzy and nauseous, which lasted all day. Couldn't eat and felt light headed if I got up. Seems to have cleared a bit now, but still feel very fragile.

I am off to a Warners Hotel with Mum tomorrow for 5 days, so the packing I was going to complete yesterday, I will have to do today.

Nfk Iceland is on my list of places to visit, but I know the cost can be prohibitive, so it may be a while. I am sure you had an amazing time.

Hope the tooth is sorted soon NanKate nothing worse that toothache.

Hope you all have a good Sunday/

Mapleleaf Sun 02-Jun-19 08:52:56

Good morning all,
An overcast morning now (brighter earlier). We are forecast rain today, but I hope it holds off.
Not a lot planned, maybe a trip to the garden centre later.
Opened the kitchen blinds to a lovely sight of a dozen young starlings feasting on the meal worms DH put out yesterday. They’d not spotted them yesterday (unusually), so we had the pleasure of watching a male blackbird gathering them up in his beak to take to his nest several times.
They’ve all been devoured now!
Hope you get that toothache sorted soon, NanKate.
Enjoy Sunday everyone. ?

Anniebach Sun 02-Jun-19 08:55:54

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

harrigran Sun 02-Jun-19 09:12:21

Good morning from an overcast but mild NE.
All the family are visiting this afternoon and GD is staying as she has an inset day tomorrow.

oldgaijin Sun 02-Jun-19 09:16:52

Good morning from a dreich, damp Aberdeenshire.....why can't we get two days the same? Finally cut the grass yesterday, edges done etc. and the whole garden looks tidier.
I know what I was doing exactly 66 years ago...watching the coronation on a 12 inch TV set. How times have changed.
Am going to a Prosecco afternoon tea later on.
Have a good day everyone.