Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Wed 05-Jun-19 06:20:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day, small shop, get prescriptions and maybe by a pie made locally , as we have a pie shop in the town.
Even the small ones at £4 are enough to get two meals out of on my own.
There is more filling than like many commercial ones , which seem to contain less ,eat /veg content .
Mick

MawBroonsback Wed 05-Jun-19 06:26:59

Good morning Mick and all to come from sunny N Bucks.
An early start for me today as I am off to Burghley House and its gardens with a group from my local TAS (used to be NADFAS)
I have often gone to the Horse Trials but never gone round the house so I am looking forward to that. I also hope to see a sculpture by SIL which he had at Chatsworth Flower Show a year ago.
Wishing you all a pleasant day - and don’t eat all the pies Mick smile

Sprout Wed 05-Jun-19 06:35:14

Morning Mick and all. Early one for me also. Dog had me up at 4.00 am once up could not get back to sleep. Sun coming up birds are singing lovely. Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Wed 05-Jun-19 06:55:34

Good Morning everyone.
There was some bright sunshine a minute ago but it’s been replaced with dark clouds.
A homework day for me this morning then finish my book and take it back to the library.
This evening I will be watching 63up on tv. Has anyone picked up something one of the children has said? For many years we have used ‘ I don’t like it , well I don’t ‘ from Paul’s story about someone feeding him greens.

Enjoy your day all of you, even your greens?

kittylester Wed 05-Jun-19 07:01:57

Morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

It's either ironing or gardening for me today and the the school run in Derby this afternoon.

Enjoy Burghley, maw and your pie, mick. Since becoming gf, I really miss pies of all sorts.

Enjoy your days all.

Greyduster Wed 05-Jun-19 07:03:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Promised myself a sleep in this morning, but up with the bloomin’ lark. Mick we have a couple of butchers here that make excellent pies. Love ‘em! We are off to the tip today with our old garden furniture and a few other bits. Then food shopping and domestics for the rest of the day. Exciting hmm! Have a good day folks.

BlueSapphire Wed 05-Jun-19 07:04:37

Good morning everyone. It's nice and bright here in Northampton as well. May put some washing on.

I like the sound of those pies Mick!

Hope you have a lovely day, Maw. DH and I had a weekend in Stamford a couple of years ago (stayed at The George), and we visited the house and gardens. Loved the water garden! I must be ignorant but please could you tell me what those initials mean? My DBil lives up that way, in Wittering

Errol Flynn Cinema this afternoon to see Rocketman, then pick up my glasses which have had new lenses in after I scratched them a couple of weeks ago, tripped over a manhole cover. Luckily they are still under warranty, so covered, and nothing to pay. And thank goodness I had kept my old glasses!

Really enjoyed my hot shower yesterday!

Hope everyone's day goes well.

DoraMarr Wed 05-Jun-19 07:07:03

Good morning from a warm but overcast Birmingham. I have lots of boring admin tasks this morning, like arranging the MOT, and then I will pack for my seaside holiday with the family.
I hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

Grammaretto Wed 05-Jun-19 07:16:16

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's been raining all night here.
I had hoped to work in the garden.
If only we could export slugs, we'd be rich.
Craft group this morning. Knit and natter. I look forward to it and get all the local news gossip.
Hoping everyone has a good day.

Justme67 Wed 05-Jun-19 07:23:40

Good morning to you all, a little early for me, but could not sleep after a restless night. At the moment we have sunshine but I think it is generally accepted that there will be rain. Not sure what I shall do today, very sluggish, but no doubt a cup of tea and a stab at the crossword will help me get up go
Whatever your plans I hope they go well, and for those who are not well, perhaps today will be a good day. Take care.

NanKate Wed 05-Jun-19 07:24:56

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunshine in South Bucks.

My dodgy tooth comes out today hurray ?

Your pie sounds good Mick.

oldgaijin Wed 05-Jun-19 07:26:34

Good morning from a dreich, wet Aberdeenshire...never mind flaming June, it's soggy November.
Shall finish the ironing later then diabetic clinic this afternoon before ceramics class this evening. The mutt will still expect a romp in the woods this morning so the car will smell of wet dog...nice. At least he now has a short coat so should dry quickly.
Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Wed 05-Jun-19 07:34:04

Good morning from bright and breezy North Yorkshire.
Off to the market first thing to pick up a frame for a picture for DD1, then off to the pie factory! I am a trustee of the charity they have chosen to be their charity of the year.
Then I am driving up Swaledale to join a walking group ramble at Muker followed by dinner in the pub.
Hope you enjoy your pie Mick and the day is a good one for everyone.

gillybob Wed 05-Jun-19 07:38:38

Good morning from a bright and sunny NE coast. It has been raining heavily since yesterday late afternoon but finally the sky has cleared and the sun is out. sunshine

I’m so glad you finally got your hot water sorted BlueSapphire I bet that shower felt wonderful ! Also glad to hear you’re finally getting that pesky tooth out NanKate.

Lovely to hear about all the visits to stately homes, gardens and packing for holidays . I confess to being a teensy bit envy hope you have a great time everyone.

I’m off to “that place” again today. My week is all topsy turvy as I was sure it was Thursday today .....gutted that it’s only Wednesday.

Have a good day everyone. x

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Jun-19 07:38:46

Good morning all x

I have “pie envy” Mick.

Maw enjoy Burghley.

I have woken up with a horrendous headache and sneezes hope they disappear soon.

Have a good day folks x

EllanVannin Wed 05-Jun-19 07:39:15

Good morning All x
Well at least it's stopped raining so far but right now it doesn't look promising. The rain didn't stop yesterday, it was horrible. What a come-down from last years summer !

Will be seeing GG ( twins ) today after school as it's their 13th birthday. When they were born in 2006 it was supposed to have been the 6th of June for their inducement but GD had asked for the 5th instead because of ( 6/6/2006 )666. They weighed 4lb each but fit and well

Not sure what today holds but I'll see how it goes.
Hope everyone has a good day. Mick made me feel hungry talking about his pies so I'll just get stuck into my crumpets.

EllanVannin Wed 05-Jun-19 07:40:51

Oooooh, a watery-looking sun has just come out.

ninathenana Wed 05-Jun-19 07:42:12

Good morning, from a very overcast Kent.
If it stays like this we will have no hope of seeing the fly past this afternoon. They will only be in the distance anyway.
We too have a good pie shop in town Mick which has been there for as long as I can remembet.
Driving DH to and from jobs and some housework in between.
Have a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 05-Jun-19 07:45:42

Good morning from east London, looking bright but clouds are hovering. Tennis this morning (thankfully my arm feels better this morning than last night after I potted up the rest of the tomato plants). School pick up and gymnastics (for GD) later on then may head back for a fund raising meeting at the tennis club; the plastic dome that enables us to play through the winter has just about reached its end. Have a good day.

Lins1066 Wed 05-Jun-19 07:48:55

Good Morning all, lovely and bright here on S Wales Coast.

Going to watch the D Day commemoration this morning from Portsmouth. Our neighbour was involved and later was one of the first troops to go into Belsen, he was only 18, imagine that. Brave men all.

Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 05-Jun-19 08:04:21

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, at least it's not raining.

A quiet day for me, BP still too high and still feeling very much under the weather.
I'm very far behind in the garden, and it's annoying me, so if it stays dry, I will just potter about.
Grammaretto, I too am at war with the slugs! Despite taking measures, I noticed the have been nibbling my cauliflower plants. angry

Good luck with the tooth, NanKate.
Enjoy your day everyone, whatever your plans.

Harris27 Wed 05-Jun-19 08:19:01

Good morning from sunny NE. Rained all night got leak on roof just small one but needs attention more money! Dreaming of Saturday and chats worth day out. Counting the days working till Friday same here gillybob!

Pittcity Wed 05-Jun-19 08:21:36

Good morning from sunny, for the moment, Colchester. Variable weather forecast today.
Missing coffee meetup to spend the morning with DS as it's his birthday. Watching the Dakota flypast locally this afternoon.

Urmstongran Wed 05-Jun-19 08:34:04

Good morning everyone from a windy Malaga! Last night when I was watching 63Up on tv the swallows were screeching and displaying their usual acrobatic prowess. They swoop so very near to the windows.

Then .... one flew in onto the balcony - half the windows were folded back open. Not sure if it had faltered in the blowy conditions, buffeted further than intended.

It wasn’t huge, only a youngster but I don’t like wild birds ‘up close’ anyway and seeing it flapping on our floor tiles scared me a bit. I jumped up and shut the patio door tight leaving my brave husband who had been sat there reading, to deal with it as best as!

Up close it had a small head, only a small wingspan and the distinctive forked tail feathers. It was sleek, looked al OST oily - like seal skin.

After 2 or 3 minutes, which seemed longer to me and probably even longer to the flapping bird, he managed to grip it and shoo it upwards into the air where it took flight.

Hurrah! I didn’t reopen the patio doors for a while .....
?

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

teabagwoman Wed 05-Jun-19 08:42:56

Good morning all. I’m back at my d’s where it’s clouding over. Gd has a bad case of tonsillitis so am looking after them both. All this talk of pies is making me envy! Maw you will love Burghley, wonderful house.