Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Fri 07-Jun-19 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone,
The sky is looking grey and the ground looks damp this morning in Brackley.
Yesterdays plans went up in the air as the bus to Buckingham did not appear , so I decided on a few hours in Banbury with a pub lunch.
Returning home, I registered my complaint about the bus not arriving , and the fact there were also others waiting as well, with 4 buses a day in that direction its a very limited service.
Mick

BlueSapphire Fri 07-Jun-19 06:44:35

Good morning Mick and everyone. Grey and overcast in Northampton this morning; rain is forecast later - glad I got all the grass cut yesterday, and got two loads of washing done.
Pity about your bus yesterday, Mick, hope you still had a nice day.
Had a very nice lunch out with friend yesterday, decided we needed to make this a regular thing, so have one booked for next month.
Not much planned for today, just a top-up shopping trip to Sainsburys and M&S food.

cornergran Fri 07-Jun-19 06:50:03

Morning Mick, morning All. The sky is very heavy in our corner of Somerset, storms forecast. Shame about the missing bus, Mick, wonder what the explanation will be. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Sprout Fri 07-Jun-19 06:58:53

Morning Mick and all. Waiting for a bus that never arrives must be so annoying and frustrating. I am glad that I drive every where. Miserable morning dull and chilly. I expect rain today so not much gardening. Hope everyone who has hospital appointmenuts and those feeling poorly get better and all goes well.

gillybob Fri 07-Jun-19 07:00:25

Good morning from the NE coats where we have another sunny start to the day.

I’m sorry to hear that your plans were spoiled by the bus not turning up yesterday Mick .

My lovely young neighbours are moving home today and a “single young guy” has bought their house. I have to admit to feeling a little concerned, but we shall see.

I’m just enjoying taking my time with a cuppa then I will be off to “that place” for the final half day of torture for this week... lots of jobs to catch up on this afternoon and taking my dad for his usual second big shop of the week.

Have a good Friday everyone x

gillybob Fri 07-Jun-19 07:01:25

NE coast, not coats (hopefully no coats needed today?) smile

teabagwoman Fri 07-Jun-19 07:09:36

Good morning all. As BlueSaphire says it’s pretty overcast in Northampton. DGD is going back to school today and a friend is visiting DD so I’m going to have a quiet pottering day at home. There are lots of chores that I need to catch up on but I just don’t have the energy. I have emailed customer services at a local supermarket to point out how difficult it is to push a wheelchair over the roughened surface in their car park. Not expecting much response but one has to keep trying. Annoying about the missing bus, Mick, especially when you have such a poor service to start with.

Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Fri 07-Jun-19 07:11:55

Good Morning everyone.
Damp and grey here on Severnside and not expecting it to get any better.
My normal Friday shop this morning and then after I don’t know what!
I will have new neighbours soon gillybob a family I’ve been told.
Have a good day everyone ?

Nannytopsy Fri 07-Jun-19 07:14:01

Morning everyone! Just found out that the three hour delay on our flight last week means we are entitled to compensation! Strange that TUI didn’t tell us grin. First job today is to submit a claim. Dry and cloudy in Leicester but rain forecast - I too did two loads of washing and cut the lawn yesterday Bluesapphire!

gillybob Fri 07-Jun-19 07:18:18

Fingers crossed for us Beechnut . I’m just worried because my neighbour seems to have been avoiding me for a few weeks when she used to be really friendly and chatty . It could be just me though and maybe I have nothing at all to worry about. ?

NanKate Fri 07-Jun-19 07:31:40

Morning Mick and All.

Can feel the rain approaching here in South Bucks.

Will clean the inside of the bay window this morning. We have old friends visiting next and I want them to be able to see out !

Off to the next county tonight Oxfordshire to see a great Swing Band which is DH’s birthday gift from DS. Should be a good night, fourth time we will have seen King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys.

Marydoll Fri 07-Jun-19 07:31:41

Good morning all from a sunny Glagow.

We are off out to Glasgow to take back the hat I bought for my daughter's wedding. For the first time in my life, I have found a hat which suits me, unfortunately it is totally the wrong shade!! grin
Hopefully, if I feel OK, we may go for lunch.

I have mislaid my angina spray and have turned the house upside down, checked all the bins etc. As I never left the house yesterday, I feel I'm going mad! I have a total blank about what I have done with it. If anyone spots it, please let me know. grin
Thank goodness I ordered a new one.

That's a pity about your day out yesterday, Mick.
Fingers crossed for the new neighbours, Gilly and Beechnut.

Happy Friday, everyone.

NanKate Fri 07-Jun-19 07:33:09

Hope you are worrying for nothing Gilly. I too pick up on atmospheres quickly.

NanKate Fri 07-Jun-19 07:34:51

Hope you find your spray Mary. I lose things all the time ?

NannyJan53 Fri 07-Jun-19 07:39:42

Good Morning from a very rainy Hayling Island.

We spent a lovely few hours yesterday at Gun Wharf Quays. Visiting the Mary Rose museum was fascinating. Yesterday afternoon was so hot and sunny today, a complete contrast from this morning.

We leave after breakfast, and should be home by 5pm (ish). It is going to be s long day!

Eny your Friday everyone

kittylester Fri 07-Jun-19 07:39:55

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicester. Apparently we are in for wet and windy day.

Out for lunch with my a lovely friend for a good catch up. We have been friends since our children started school together about a hundred years ago.

New neighbours are a scary thought, arent they? Especially if you have a good relationship. The man who shares our drive has recently found love with a woman who lives in the next village and is often 'missing' for days at a time. I'm pleased he is happy but horrified he might move in with her permanently and sell up.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Esther1 Fri 07-Jun-19 07:43:24

Good Morning everyone. Waking up to a very rainy Surrey. Off to spend the day with my little grandchildren that live over an hours drive away, as opposed to the ones that live 5 minutes drive away. I try and do this once a week and I so enjoy it.

Pittcity Fri 07-Jun-19 07:52:10

Good morning from a grey, breezy Colchester.
Shopping and housework today. Moving furniture later as we have a family barbecue tomorrow and it looks like we'll be indoors as rain and gales are forecast.

MawBroonsback Fri 07-Jun-19 08:03:43

Good morning from N Bucks where it has cooled down considerably and I believe rain is forecast.
Sadly I was not able to hold it together at yesterday’s village funeral. I thought I was being reasonably inconspicuous until the coffin went out to “The Carnival is Over” which always used to have me in tears even without a reason. The church was packed, with standing room only inside and quite a few gathered around outside and we made a “goodly sound” in the wonderful hymns he had chosen.
Anyway as it was a lovely morning I chose to walk down through the fields, taking a longer way home and popped in on my best friend who had lost her dear mum in the early hours of yesterday morning. Life is sad sometimes.
My afternoon in London with the DDs and little men was nice though and restored the equilibrium.
Tidying up and cooking today as my “long lost” half brother is coming down, to visit his adoptive cousin who lives just three miles away and they are all coming to supper tonight.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

grannylyn65 Fri 07-Jun-19 08:08:04

Blue cloudless sky in Scotland

Resurgam123 Fri 07-Jun-19 08:12:06

Good Morning All. Rain is forecast in Cheshire East.

Lins1066 Fri 07-Jun-19 08:14:08

Good Morning from the S Welsh coast. Overcast and rain is forecast. DD completes the Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge this morning. The weather at the summit of Snowdon was misty, such a shame.

Sorry about your bus Mick, so annoying.

aggie Fri 07-Jun-19 08:19:57

Good Morning all , wall to wall sunshine here , but of course , rain is forecast , I planted out courgettes yesterday , am told one would have been enough , so do I pull out the other two ?

Greyduster Fri 07-Jun-19 08:20:50

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Nothing worse than missing buses, Mick - very frustrating! It is a dry but overcast day in South Yorkshire. We have to be in for a delivery this morning, but other than that, nothing planned. I shall make a curry for tomorrow’s dinner. Have a good day folks.

gillybob Fri 07-Jun-19 08:22:50

Your description of yesterday’s funeral was lovely Mawbroon . I too could cry for nothing when I hear “The carnival is over” We played “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croche at my late husbands funeral and I still can’t listen to it without the flood gates opening.

Another thing is......I thought it was only me who said “goodly”. I started to say it as a kind of gentle Micky take of DH’s late Father’s very broad Yorkshire accent. “it were right goodly, it were” and it kind of stuck. Even my DGC say it now. smile