Gransnet forums

Chat

Isn't The Guardian a load of old rubbish

(41 Posts)
Elvive Fri 07-Jun-19 18:25:30

This evenings offerings......spanking, leather and grappling.

Followed by " I was hospitalised by a sex headache" and Document Casts new Light on rape case.

SynchroSwimmer Fri 07-Jun-19 18:29:31

Oooh, thanks for the heads-up.
Just heading over there now (smiley face inserted here)!

Elvive Fri 07-Jun-19 18:32:46

naughty naughty

DoraMarr Fri 07-Jun-19 20:02:33

Goodness! So you missed the politics, news from America, all the sport- women’s World Cup, French Open, F1- a very thought provoking report on the shrinking of the Arctic ice cap, the fashion, homes, travel, domestic news, an appreciation of Dr John and a video piece about insomnia?

Elvive Fri 07-Jun-19 20:58:38

Well yes, because spanking was the main headline. I think it's women spanking other women and it's art?

Farmor15 Fri 07-Jun-19 21:06:27

I don't know what version of the Guardian you're looking at! On mine, the headlines are about Brexit, Listeria outbreak, Trump claiming moon is part of Mars (!!) and Sally Challen, who killed her abusive husband walking free.

DoraMarr Fri 07-Jun-19 22:24:52

Me neither, Farmor15. There is an article on the culture pages, but you have to look for it. Not a headline.

Drum1234 Fri 07-Jun-19 22:57:52

It's the headlines only in the culture section. Not the main headline. Think you're pearl clutching elvive.

Urmstongran Fri 07-Jun-19 22:59:50

I had a sex headache 7y ago. Major red flag. Scared the shit out of me (and my husband).

GP referred me to a Dr. DICK (I kid you not, a consultant at Salford Royal). - don’ t some people just suit their names?

Never had one in 40y - nor since t.g. - but it was bloody scary. That blood rush to the head - I honestly thought I was going to die. I screamed and dived off the bed. My poor husband. I scared him to death. Me too. I truly thought I was having a brain haemorrhage. I had a headache afterwards for 4 days. Not funny.
?

GabriellaG54 Fri 07-Jun-19 23:12:45

I never read it in fact I rarely read newspapers. Usually (if anything) I scan Mail Online, mainly for the comments. I can't bear the crass grammar and spelling in the articles.

Elvive Sat 08-Jun-19 09:08:34

Drum, t'is true. I have morphed into my mother.

Gonegirl Sat 08-Jun-19 09:21:43

Never mind about the Guardian. Tell us more about the sex headache Urmstongran! Are you sure you weren't just enjoying yourself too much?

Gonegirl Sat 08-Jun-19 09:22:26

What did Dr Dick make of it?

Alima Sat 08-Jun-19 09:27:04

Thanks for the heads up, definitely won’t bother with the tat now, always thought it was deffo leftie anyway. Heaven knows how many on here manage to find the reams of crap to quote from it. Maybe they will get more interesting now!

Callistemon Sat 08-Jun-19 09:29:54

I've never heard of a 'sex headache' Urmston!
Obviously not something to try and achieve shock

Gonegirl Sat 08-Jun-19 09:30:07

I like the Guardian. At least it doesn't have a paywall like the Telegraph.

Ginny42 Sat 08-Jun-19 09:30:41

You see we have our very own sufferer of a sex headache and it sounds a very distressing experience. Is it not a relevant topic for an adult article in a grown-up newspaper?

Stop trying to sensationalise it Elvive. So the answer to your question is no.

Gonegirl Sat 08-Jun-19 09:31:36

That's why I want to know what Dr Dick said.

Amagran Sat 08-Jun-19 09:42:35

Not sure what your preferred newspaper is, Elvive. I find the strongly biased vitriol in the Daily Mail most distasteful and the Express and Mirror little better. All papers are biased to a degree, but I am happy to read any well written article in any of the so-called quality newspapers where opinions are supported by evidence. My preferred paper is The Guardian and yes, like other quality papers, they do occasionally descend into tabloid trivia, but it does not define the paper.

Gonegirl Sat 08-Jun-19 09:46:22

The Express is horrible! At least you get good pictures of the royals with the Daily Mail. I like that. Shallow old bird that I am.

Alexa Sat 08-Jun-19 09:46:46

Elvive ! Grans are Guardianistas didn't you know!grin

Alexa Sat 08-Jun-19 09:48:17

An article about too much sex written by a Dr Dick must have gone astray from a 1 April edition

Lazigirl Sat 08-Jun-19 09:51:02

I hope you paid for your viewing Elvive. The Guardian always needs donations and subscriptions because it hasn't got wealthy owners.

POGS Sat 08-Jun-19 11:15:42

Urmstongran

smile

GillT57 Sat 08-Jun-19 11:21:57

GG54 the comments under articles on Mail Online are terrifying in their illiteracy, misunderstanding and sheer nastiness! A terrifying peek under a stone. But, like you I do have a look occasionally grin