Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Mon 10-Jun-19 06:43:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but grey sky this morning in Brackley.
Quiet day some housework etc.
But I nearly overslept this morning.
Mick

gillybob Mon 10-Jun-19 06:52:44

Good morning Mick and all to follow.

It’s a beautiful start to the day here in the NE coast but there is a severe weather warning ⚠️ in place for the rest of the week, with torrential rain expected. Blimey.

Managed to get a few little jobs done in the garden yesterday then spent a couple of hours sorting through my wardrobes and having a good clear out. Charity bags are bursting.

Just enjoying my cuppa then unfortunately off to “that place” the weekend just goes over far too fast.

Hope everyone has a good Monday x

BlueSapphire Mon 10-Jun-19 06:56:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. Been waiting for you to post!
Overcast in Northampton and we are promised heavy rain.
Going to yoga this morning, followed by a coffee, then nothing planned for the rest of the day. Will probably try to write my letter of complaint to British Gas.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

DoraMarr Mon 10-Jun-19 07:01:01

Good morning from a cloudy east coast. We’re going home today after our family holiday sad We will stop at my mother’s on the way. It will be her 91st birthday on Saturday, although no-one ever believes she is that old. It has been lovely to see all three grandchildren playing together, and spending time with my daughters and sons in law.

NfkDumpling Mon 10-Jun-19 07:05:59

Morning All

Overcast and still here in the north of Norfolk with occasional spits of rain.

Yesterday’s rain didn’t materialise and it was a beautiful day for our local garden show. It’s growing year on year and there were just too many nice things stands. We came home with one of those mobile garden ornaments, a fly consuming pitcher plant and a dragon fly made out of a spark plug and old cutlery. Why? We’re not usually given to those sort of impulse buys?!

Not much planned for today although if the rain holds off the top of the hedge needs cutting. Desperately.

kittylester Mon 10-Jun-19 07:06:09

Morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire. We are also expecting a downpour today.

A bit of shopping this morning and a Carer's course this evening.

NanKate Mon 10-Jun-19 07:13:25

Morning Mick and All.

The rain is coming in the South East today.

Nfk we have a very nice mobile garden ornament, two owls who spin and bob the the wind, I love it.

Off to Keep Fit this morning.

Ginny42 Mon 10-Jun-19 07:16:05

Good morning Mick and all. It's very misty here in Cheshire, but it has that brightness which looks as though the sun might break through.

My 'to do' list is a long one today starting with the station to buy family travel card for trips to London and Paris in July. I'm going to treat my oven to a professional clean and decided to bite the bullet and pay £380 for air con in car to be replaced.

But first a walk in the woods. Enjoy your day whatever you may be doing.

NannyJan53 Mon 10-Jun-19 07:16:29

Good Morning from a bright Black Country, although I think that is going to change later.

Lots of washing and ironing from my week away, then start to sort out the clothes I am taking to Lindos (we are off for 3 weeks on Sunday)

Happy Birthday to your Mum Dora flowers she is a similar age to mine who is 90 next birthday.

Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Mon 10-Jun-19 07:25:28

Good morning from rainy Colchester. It's set in for the day. The weekend weather was lovely despite the forecast saying otherwise but today they were correct.
Walking netball this morning.

Lins1066 Mon 10-Jun-19 07:26:23

Good Moring from a cloudy S Welsh coast.
Enjoyed a BBQ yesterday late afternoon when there wasn't a cloud in the sky.
DH going to London today by train ( first class no less ), staying overnight and doing the Brunel walking tour tomorrow morning. It is his combined birthday and Father's Day present.
Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Beechnut Mon 10-Jun-19 07:32:58

Good Morning from Severnside
It’s bright and sunny but rain is forecast.
Had a good day in the garden yesterday and will potter today.
Happy Birthday to the birthday people ? and hope everyone else has a good day ?

Grammaretto Mon 10-Jun-19 07:39:22

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. Sun is shining.
Came home very late last night from my niece's wedding. It was overwhelming (her words) with so much love and emotion.
Now to clearing and washing but I hope not much else today. Our GC will come briefly this morning.

ninathenana Mon 10-Jun-19 07:40:52

Good morning
it's very dark and raining in Kent, a grotty day.
DH's plans to work in our garden are scuppered and if the forecast is right he won't be working this week.

cornergran Mon 10-Jun-19 07:48:52

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright corner of Somerset. More torrential rain forecast this afternoon and Tuesday. Hope the forecast is wrong as people are still dealing with Friday’s local flooding. Chores for us today, trying to do all the little (tedious!) stuff that often escapes the radar. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Alygran Mon 10-Jun-19 07:51:32

Good morning from a gloriously sunny Croatia. Arrived yesterday. Getting the local bus into Dubrovnik today.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Brunette10 Mon 10-Jun-19 07:51:40

Good Morning all from a bright and sunny Fife, well for the moment anyway. No plans for today, DH has many chores to do outside so I will busy myself with other things, no doubt I will find something to do. Hope Monday is good for everyone.

mosaicwarts Mon 10-Jun-19 08:12:17

Good morning from sunny Northumberland.

My daughter is coming home after three months travelling lunchtime, so it's a dog walk on the beach then waiting for her taxi to arrive ... my son being a taxi driver, he's going to get a good tip! Fajitas and choc cake ready.

Garden helper coming at 3.30 pm, hopefully to help me tackle my extremely weedy gravel areas.

Enjoy your day!

Urmstongran Mon 10-Jun-19 08:12:46

Good morning everyone from a sunny Malaga where the little green parakeets are screeching in the palm trees. It’s Monday which means the local wine bar this afternoon with my ladies - there will be six of us today. Yay!

Bless you Mick, sometimes wanting a lie in but can’t with us lot under starter’s orders!

Hope today is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Auntieflo Mon 10-Jun-19 08:18:00

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all. It's dry here at the moment, but you can bet your bottom dollar, that as soon as we put our foot outside, the rain will arrive!
DH has an eye appointment at the hospital after lunch. We will go on the bus and have lunch first,(save me cooking later).
It's going to be a busy few days, then we go away on Thursday, for a short break, but I think the bad weather is set to follow us.
BlueSapphire, when you have your coffee, make it a strong one, to fuel your letter to British Gas!
NFK, enjoy your bits of garden 'faffery', I have one that sounds like NanKate's, and I love it.
Have a good day one and all

Greyduster Mon 10-Jun-19 08:19:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry in South Yorkshire this morning, but looking at the forecast we will all have webbed feet by the end of the week! I think DS may change his mind about coming to stay. Some shopping this morning, and then school run this afternoon.
Alygran glad someone has some lovely sunshine! Enjoy your holiday! Have a good day folks.

harrigran Mon 10-Jun-19 08:21:25

Good morning from a sunny NE, wall to wall blue sky at present.
DH has GP appointment at lunchtime so probably just potter round the house.

EllanVannin Mon 10-Jun-19 08:29:09

Good morning All x
A lovely start to the day so hoping it stays that way though the forecast doesn't think so.
Mainly cleaning and polishing today and must email script to the surgery which is collected by local pharmacy then delivered in a day or two.

Finishing M&S list of nibbles etc and jotting down what I suddenly remember.
Will be tracking my D's flight later when it leaves Sydney at 6am their time. They're 9 hours ahead. I'm a geek at heart smile

A friend will be dropping in today so a good chinwag is in order------I love it.
Hope everyone is okay today and aside from gillybob, smileenjoy your day .

Marydoll Mon 10-Jun-19 08:31:59

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow.

I was wide awake at five, read my book as I couldn't get back to sleep, then fell back asleep with my face in my book!

My son and DIL are back from holiday today, I have decided to go out on my own and stock up their fridge. DH will not be amused, but he is playing golf, so he won't know! I need to get my independence back.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to monitor my new medication. sad.

Wishing you all a pleasant Monday.

GabriellaG54 Mon 10-Jun-19 08:49:15

Hi everyone from a grey-skied and rainy Godalming ?
I got soaked on my morning run but heck, it's only water and a hot shower and coffee soon put a smile on my face.
Waitrose for strawbs, blueberries, granola, yogurt and honey plus Dutchy organic seeded bread shortly.
Friend's birthday meal yesterday was superb but I bet OH and I were the only ones without headaches today as we don't drink.
I must ask Mick why he goes to the same 2 places virtually every day...?
Anyway, I hope everyone who has plans manages to get out n about and those who have none enjoy the comforts of home...in the warm. ??