Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Thu 13-Jun-19 06:12:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and wet/windy start here in Brackley this morning.
Plans are to go out on the buses to Bicester and Buckingham.
Usual coffee in cafes I frequent in those towns .
Mick

kittylester Thu 13-Jun-19 06:20:50

Morning Mick, morning all.

Still wet and grey in North Leicestershire tthus morning. My usual food shop this morning while our cleaner is here and then the school run. If I dont forget. I usually go on Wednesday.

Beechnut Thu 13-Jun-19 06:22:29

Good Morning all.
Raining and grey on the other side.
I’m going home later and will do stop off and do my shopping on the way.

Hope you all have a lovely day even though it’s miserable outside ?

Bellasnana Thu 13-Jun-19 06:34:47

Good morning Mick and all. I hardly dare mention the weather here in Malta, but it is hot and sunny. Maybe too hot for some, but I love it.

Meeting a friend for coffee this morning. Her husband is in hospital yet again. He suffers from COPD, and the doctors have really done all they can. I’m so worried about my friend because she practically lives at the hospital, and I know she isn’t eating properly.

Hope you all have a good day and stay dry! ☀️

Beechnut Thu 13-Jun-19 06:42:50

Yesterday we drove through Cockadilly.

(I can’t find the funny place name thread)

BlueBelle Thu 13-Jun-19 06:48:51

I just wanted to send you a little happiness from my garden on a grey day

ninathenana Thu 13-Jun-19 06:49:43

Morning everyone.
Dry with patches of blue sky in Kent. We had an entertaining half hour last night watching the 4 fox cubs chasing each other around our garden.
Eye clinic this morning and some admin later.
Have a good day.

Marydoll Thu 13-Jun-19 07:01:48

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, rain is forecast later and the sky in the distance is ominously dark.

I'm pretty tired today after my CT angiogram yesterday. The traffic was horrendous and the slip road to the hospital was closed, meaning a stressful detour with lots of temporary traffic lights. The doctor couldn't believe how high my BP was! ☹
The good news is I do not need any surgery, but need the angiogram with the dye and some more investigations in a few months time, as they now think they know what the problem is.

I plan to take it easy today until we pick up "Hurricane H", from nursery later. Taking up the hem on my husband's new trousers is also on the agenda, a job I hate.

Bellasnana, I wish I was in Malta at the moment, I don't care how hot sunshine it is! I would love to be well enough to go back for a visit. I'm longing to see Gozo again.

Enjoy your soggy Thursday all! Just think, it's good for the lawn! grin

Resurgam123 Thu 13-Jun-19 07:06:56

Good morning All. The skies are still very grey here but the rain has let up for a while.

Ginny42 Thu 13-Jun-19 07:13:21

Morning Mick and everyone. What a lovely thought Bluebell thank you for thinking of cheering us up. Marydoll The positive thing to come out of a very stressful day is that the medics think they've found the problem. That's good.

Painting for me this morning and can't think what I want to paint. Finished one I've been working on for weeks, but a man has joined the group who is very talented and I'm hoping to learn from his technique today.

Man coming to clean the oven later, then everywhere is clean. Sad woman that I am, that will make me happy!

Hope no one is in the flood zones.

BlueSapphire Thu 13-Jun-19 07:16:15

Good morning; very wet here again in Northampton.

A good day out yesterday, lunch and shopping with a friend. I have known her since 1972 when we were teaching at the same school. Luckily the rain held off. I got a lovely new dress and cardigan, which will do very nicely for my cruise.

Awaiting a Sainsbury's delivery later this morning, and then this afternoon over to DD's as she is hosting tonight's meeting of our wine club.

Enjoy the day, despite the rain!

Harris27 Thu 13-Jun-19 07:17:26

Happy Thursday from a very wet nothing east. Where has our summer gone? Just moved all my summer clothes back in the wardrobe and nit a chance to wear any of them!!! Back to work this morning and children high as kites as the rain has stopped play!! Good day to all x

NfkDumpling Thu 13-Jun-19 07:19:09

Morning All

Still, grey and decidedly soggy here in the north of Norfolk.

Off to stand in a darkened room at our local NT pile today. Love that house. It always leaves me feeling calm and makes everything right with the world.

NannyJan53 Thu 13-Jun-19 07:22:05

Good Morning from another rainy day in the Black Country. It didn't stop all day yesterday, and driving back from Lichfield it was torrential at times.

Mum and I had a lovely hour Skyping my Niece in Australia, as she is out there working for 18 months. It was quite funny at first as Mum kept saying to me 'tell her about.....' I said she can hear you the same as me smile

Today I am finishing sorting out all I need to take for our upcoming holiday in Lindos, buy currency etc.

Sounds like a bit of a stressful day for you Marydoll I hope you have a more relaxing day today.

Urmstongran Thu 13-Jun-19 07:29:02

Good morning everyone from an overcast Malaga which is a surprise as yesterday was especially hot. We spent the afternoon on the marina at Benalmadena and enjoyed a liquid lunch.

No plans today. I shall read my book I think.

Glad to hear you may have a diagnosis soon Marydoll and your doctors will know how to treat your condition. You’ve had a rollercoaster few weeks.

I hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

gillybob Thu 13-Jun-19 07:34:37

Good morning from a miserable, grey and wet NE coast where the fog horn has been sounding all night long.

Oh what I wouldn’t give to feel a little bit of that sun in my new Bellasnana I have never been to Malta (no surprise really as I haven’t been many places) but my mum and dad visited quite often and loved it.

I do hope they soon get to the bottom of your problems Marydoll you must be worn out .

I sorted a few summer bits out a couple of weeks ago Harris27 and put all my winter jumpers away in one of those vacuum bags. I think I might be swapping them back around if this weather continues much longer.

Anyway, I’m off to “that place” in about an hour, no school runs today. Then the dreaded hairdresser at tea time, it’s like torture sitting in that chair facing a mirror but needs must.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

gillybob Thu 13-Jun-19 07:36:28

Oops .....a little bit of that sun ☀️ on me? Not in my new .

Greyduster Thu 13-Jun-19 07:36:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dry at the moment in South Yorkshire. DH has an appointment to have yet another loose tooth removed, so I expect we will have a quiet day. I may go to the library later. Have a good day folks.

Brunette10 Thu 13-Jun-19 07:39:31

Good Morning from a dull and cold Fife. Have the heating on! Busy day yesterday with DGS's but didn't get out much as weather wasn't great. Off this morning to meet friend for catch up. Malta sounds lovely wish we had the heat smile. Enjoy today everyone.

NanKate Thu 13-Jun-19 07:39:54

Morning Mick and All.

It’s due to rain all day today in South Bucks, which is a shame as two of our oldest friends are coming for the day. They are travelling from Stourbridge so I hope the journey is not too bad as I think the weather is even worse than us in the south east.

So pleased Mary you don’t have to have surgery. They let me do my own BP at home once a month and submit the results to them every 6 months and they put it on my records as I too am sky high when the doc does it.

Lins1066 Thu 13-Jun-19 07:54:34

Good Morning all, a very wet night here on S Welsh coast, but dry now. We haven't had the heavy rain most of you've had, but listening to the news of flooding in North Wales. Poor people with flooded homes.
Our cleaner is coming this morning, we have a good chin wag, but must leave her to get on today.
I am glad that you don't need any surgery Marydoll and glad that they know what your problem is.

Grammaretto Thu 13-Jun-19 07:58:07

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. How damp it is today. It's like autumn.
Thanks for your cheery poppies Bluebelle . I'm relieved that you dont need surgery MaryDoll
I have a friend staying and another arriving tomorrow so I wish we could enjoy the garden but we'll need to think of something else.
DMiL is not well so seeing to her is top of my agenda.

Sprout Thu 13-Jun-19 08:04:58

Morning Mick and all. Mick I hope you get some free coffee's from these cafe's sometimes for being such a regular. Well wet here in Kent but not raining not so chilly either. Off to see the Physio hoping they can work wonders with my ankle. Going to visit my sister in Norwich on August bank holiday and received a message from my lovely brother in law. As I broke my ankle in their shower in 5 places and spent 3 months there instead of a weekend he has banned me from the shower putting a gate across the stairs and mite even tie me to the chair. What makes you think I am accident prone love him. Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Thu 13-Jun-19 08:08:56

Good morning. Still hot and sunny in Croatia. Walking to Kupari this morning. The hotels there were shelled during the war and have been left. Off to Cavtat by boat later.
By the sound of things I should probably bring a boat home!
Hope everyone has a good day despite the weather.

aggie Thu 13-Jun-19 08:09:01

Good morning from a wet NI, not sure if I want to go out this am , but DD1 gets anxious if I stay in , she thinks I should be more sociable