Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-Jun-19 06:14:28

Good Morning Everyone,
From a grey and wet Brackley again this morning.
Today , a quiet day shop ,bank then sit down and watch the watch the dauphine on Eurosport.
Yesterdays trip out was quite as well , with the weather I usually see many out but not many about.
Mick

harrigran Fri 14-Jun-19 06:22:19

Good morning Michael and all to come. Grey and damp here in the NE.
I am sitting in the kitchen waiting for pain killers to work then I will go back to bed for a while.
Went shopping yesterday but spent more time in traffic jams than in the shops.

Bellasnana Fri 14-Jun-19 06:39:35

Good morning Mick, harrigran and everyone. It’s another very hot day in Malta although it’s still early. Just put the rubbish out (in my nightie shock) and it’s already heating up.

Yesterday’s plans went awry due to my friend being called to the hospital to talk to the occupational therapists about her husband. Instead, I went with another friend to visit a lovely 89 year old lady who is in a care home. She was a long time friend of my mum and it is sad to see her now. She can barely see or hear, yet her mind is perfectly fine.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.sunshine

farview Fri 14-Jun-19 06:46:11

Good morning all from a very wet but warm Lancashire..
In a sort of "looking back" mood, turned 67 today..where did it go..how did it go so quickly..have done a lot(hope to do more God willing) lived abroad twice..four children,9th grandchild due in a few months..but for the first time.. well seriously anyway.am thinking that I need to put more into looking after my health...want to be posting on here in twenty years time? good day wished to every one of you! whatever the weather....

Ginny42 Fri 14-Jun-19 06:52:08

Morning Mick and all. Deary me! Another wet morning in Cheshire. I knew before I looked out, as I heard it battering on the skylights. Should be meeting my sister today in Knutsford, so hope it brightens up. Tomorrow's forecast is better and next week is going to be sunny and warm with temps in the 20s! Yeah! Flaming June is on the way.

Hope the pain is under control Harrigran, whatever the cause. Take care of yourself. xx

Greyjoy1953 Fri 14-Jun-19 07:02:22

Morning Mick and all, sitting here waiting for DGC to turn, unexpected as don’t usually have them Fridays, SIL playing golf and DD has had to go into work. Farview know how you feel I had the same feelings back in March but it passes but do take care of your health as my beautiful cousin, same age as me died suddenly and it made me feel very vulnerable. Anyway enough of that, the rain is not falling and the sun is trying to shine so make the most of the day everyone..

Beechnut Fri 14-Jun-19 07:03:18

Good Morning all and Happy Birthday farview.

Wet and grey on Severnside. I’m back home after spending a few nights with DD and SiL.

Not much planned today apart from posting mail and then taking a card to my friend.

Have a good day everyone ?

kittylester Fri 14-Jun-19 07:09:38

Morning all from a drippy North Leicestershire.

Have a lovely day farview.

Going to help at a Carer's event today - pushing the Alzheimer's carers courses. Then out for a meal and to a concert this evening.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Sar53 Fri 14-Jun-19 07:12:26

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny !!!!!! Essex by the sea. Lovely morning today and I have been awake since 03.30 ?? I sometimes wake early and cannot get back to sleep. I have read a big chunk of a good book.
I'm up, showered and had breakfast. We have an electrician coming at 8 to renew all the lighting in the communal areas in the block of flats where we live. DH is in France so I hope the electrician knows what he is doing as I haven't a clue.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Fri 14-Jun-19 07:20:23

Good morning from the Scottish Borders . It isn't actually raining but yesterday a fire engine was pumping water from the cellars of the nearby pub.
I went to the auction house with my friend. It's fun as long as you just watch others spending and don't join in.
Happy birthday farview . What a lot of DGC to keep you young.

Nannytopsy Fri 14-Jun-19 07:22:27

And the Lord blessed all with a little more rain ...
Good morning from a wet Leicester. The cat came and woke us soaked to the skin at silly o’clock.
Glad to hear next week might be a bit drier as we get the granddog tomorrow for two weeks.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 14-Jun-19 07:27:50

Good Morning from yet another rainy day in the Black Country.

Hair appointment this afternoon, and as my hairdresser is near Mum's will pop over to her house first, and we will go to the lovely village my daughter lives in for a pub lunch.

Happy Birthday farview flowers I can understand how you feel, as I will be 66 in September! I hope you have a lovely day.

Lins1066 Fri 14-Jun-19 07:29:07

Good Morning from S Welsh coast. We had a dry day yesterday though it was cold. It rained overnight and it is gloweringly cloudy now.

Physiotherapy appointment at local hospital at 11.30 and may stop for coffee somewhere afterwards.
Have a lovely day farview.

Resurgam123 Fri 14-Jun-19 07:33:26

Good morning and and still we are getting rain. This is awful.
We need a dove and an olive branch twig. If I have the story right.

Greyduster Fri 14-Jun-19 07:36:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Guess what! It’s raining again in South Yorkshire. I have a hospital appointment this morning. It will take longer to get there than the appointment will take! Happy birthday, farview! Have a good day folks.

aggie Fri 14-Jun-19 07:38:12

Good morning , lovely and sunny here , all the rain has made the garden very green and fresh.
Eldest son is visiting for the weekend , we might see each other , I have a few things on and he has his own itinerary , he doesn't get here till late and I am on a bus at 8.30 tomorrow morning , bad planning !

NfkDumpling Fri 14-Jun-19 07:40:15

Morning All

Happy Birthday farview! ??

Its still grey here and very soggy underfoot, but the sky is brightening in the east and the clouds moving westwards so I’m going to be optimistic and hang the washing out.

We’re going to bring the caravan home today to give it a clean and give it a check over. May even go away for a couple of days if the weather warms up. It’s lovely being retired and not tied to the fight to book holidays from work.

Marydoll Fri 14-Jun-19 07:51:08

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where the sun is just peeping through.
Thank goodness as my son's washing machine is still broken and I will be able to get all their washing on the line.
I have already mixed up all the clothes, it's like a swap shop here. grin.

Happy birthday, Farview, I hope you have a lovely day.

I had planned to venture out on my own today for the first time in seven weeks, just for an hour, without DH. However, I got a call from the doctor's surgery, calling me in for more blood tests. sad. The only available appointment was mid morning and the surgery is awkward to get too. That's the morning gone.
I will just think of the money I will save by not shopping!

Harrigran, I hope you feel better. flowers

I hope you all have a pleasant Friday.

NanKate Fri 14-Jun-19 07:55:43

Morning Mick and All.

Much brighter day here in South Bucks.

A very Happy Birthday Farview ?. At 67 you are a mere babe but I do agree it is a good time to get your health in good shape.

Had a lovely day yesterday we our old friends, Malcolm and I met as teenagers both working for the same firm of architects. It was wonderful talking about our memories of our youth and having many laughs.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 14-Jun-19 07:57:31

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. I've long-winded dental surgery this morning which I'm not especially looking forward to but I hope for a good result eventually.
It'll be antibiotics and steroids for a few days with a soft diet while I hunker down for the weekend.
Hope all is well with everyone.

NanKate Fri 14-Jun-19 07:57:43

Mary hope your day goes smoothly.

Urmstongran Fri 14-Jun-19 08:03:48

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. It’s going to be hot but the palm trees are dancing furiously in the wind at the moment!

No plans. Will just see what we feel like doing. I think I’d like to go out for dinner tonight.

Happy birthday Farview funny isn’t it how some birthdays make us more aware of passing time?

Hopefully if Ginny42 is right about the better weather next week Mick you’ll see more folks on your trips out and about. They’re all ‘B’s’ I’ve noticed .... Brackley, Bicester, sometimes Banbury etc! I hope it is sunny next week - we come home on Wednesday! I did say I’d try to bring the sunshine back with me.

Hope we all have a lovely Friday whatever our plans or none. x

gillybob Fri 14-Jun-19 08:10:59

Good morning from the NE coast where it is cloudy but at least not raining......yet?

I’m sorry to hear you have had a bad night harri and hope those painkillers have kicked in by now.

Happy birthday farview I hope hope you have a lovely day flowers

I had a hair appointment straight from work yesterday but DiL called to ask if I could pick my DGS (9) up from school so there was a lot of going backwards and forwards. He ended up coming to the hairdressers with me which was a brilliant distraction as I hate going and staring at my ugly mug in the mirror. Yuk.
Anyway DGS ended up having his hair cut too which he loves and goes into a kind of heavenly trance . He’s such a gorgeous boy he has no problem at all with looking in the mirror, infact I caught him winking at himself a few times as if to say “yes mate, you are as handsome as ever “ grin

Well I’m so glad it’s Friday again, off to “that place” but at least it’s an early finish. I have sooooo wished this week to be over .

The trouble is the weekend goes over in the blink of an eye and I’m right back where I started. I could really do with something to look forward to.

Have a good Friday everyone x

BlueSapphire Fri 14-Jun-19 08:12:25

Yet another wet day here in Northampton! Good morning all.
Just wondering whether to brave the trip to Milton Keynes, it's not raining quite so much today.
No DGDs today after school as it is DS's day off, so he will do the school run.
Lovely wine evening yesterday at DD's yesterday; good rioja and she put on a lovely spread.
Happy birthday, Farview.
Hope the day goes well for all.

Pittcity Fri 14-Jun-19 08:29:23

Good morning from a cloudy Colchester. It's supposed to be warmer and drier from today. Seems that this week has passed with very little achieved and another quiet day expected today.