Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Fri 21-Jun-19 06:12:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright sunny start this morning here in Brackley, which also the longest day .
Usual Shop for essentials this morning, after lunch watch some cycling on TV.
Then plan my weekend.
Mick

Beechnut Fri 21-Jun-19 06:19:42

Good Morning Mick and all to follow.
A sunny morning here on Severnside.
I thought about our local outdoor pool offer of a solstice swim but I stayed with my warm bed instead.
Weekly shop for his morning then I might go and have my curls chopped.
I hope you all have a lovely day ?

BlueSapphire Fri 21-Jun-19 06:26:41

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny North Sea. We are just sailing around the northern tip of Denmark. We are an hour ahead of the UK. I am just enjoying a cup of tea in bed, brought by the lovely steward. And, luxury of luxuries, have ordered room service breakfast this morning!
Not much planned for today - will do my six laps of the deck after breakfast, and then plan on going to a photography workshop before lunch, and another classical recital afterwards.
Formal night tonight so the long frock will have to come out!
Hope everyone has a nice day.

kittylester Fri 21-Jun-19 06:56:10

Morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire.

Expecting a visit from the wonderful Wolfie and his Mum this morning. I think we will go to Rhyme Time at the library.

Enjoy your days everyone especially bluesapphire.

cornergran Fri 21-Jun-19 06:56:33

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright sunny corner of Somerset. That’s better. Extended family coming for coffee and lunch, food organised so I’m happy. That sounds just right bluesapphire, enjoy it all. Wishing you calm waters. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Lins1066 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:00:32

Good Morning Mick enjoy the cycling.
Hospital appointment at 10. Dentist was fine yesterday, check up again in 6 months.
Sunny start on S Welsh coast. DD going to a friend's wedding later this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Sar53 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:05:43

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. It's my birthday today, the longest day of the year. DH and I are off out for a meal this evening, not much else planned. Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Jun-19 07:21:48

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sunshine is streaming in and birds are singing.
The longest day and I promise not to say the night's are drawing in, tomorrow. wink
Happy Birthday Sar53
Yoga this morning. Out this evening.
Hope to relax in the garden - starting now!

Ginny42 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:23:11

Good morning Mick and everyone. Such a beautiful morning here in Cheshire. It was light before 4.00 a.m. and the dawn chorus was lovely and very loud.

Busy day preparing for my DD and DGS coming to stay tomorrow. Haven't seen them since Easter, so very excited. Lots of shopping and favourite foods to buy/bake.

Enjoy your day whatever you may be doing. Anyone not feeling well take good care of yourself. Happy birthday Sar.

Harris27 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:23:29

Morning all! Had busy week lots in due to work commitments. Happy birthday sar53 have a good day! I if to work then food shop exciting life. Got good book for weekend and lots of ironing! Happy Friday all!

Nannytopsy Fri 21-Jun-19 07:24:09

Happy Birthday Sar! After little sleep on Wednesday, I slept the sleep of the just last night! As a result, I really will get into the garden today!
My husband retires two weeks today, along with a long time colleague, so tonight is their leaving do. It could be a late one!
You sound like you are having a good time, Bluesapphire - enjoy tonight. Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 21-Jun-19 07:34:43

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I was woken up by a blackbird singing - at quarter past three!! Don’t they sleep? The sun is out in a bright blue sky this morning and we are going to have a run up to Filey. Fish and chips and a walk along the brig for some bird watching is the order of the day. We haven’t been up there for some time and it is a favourite place. Have a good day folks.

Greyduster Fri 21-Jun-19 07:35:23

Happy birthday, Sar!??

Carillion Fri 21-Jun-19 07:38:49

Morning everyone!
Brighter blue sky this morning but have to get shopping today because think there's to be some disruption in France tomorrow, although not much news about it as yet which can mean anything from no trains, few internal flights and unmanned toll roads in northern Brittany. Shops will probably be open but blockages near roundabouts can often stop the traffic...so best to be safe...
Enjoy the day!

Carillion Fri 21-Jun-19 07:41:21

Greyduster have a lovely afternoon, and fish and chips! Oooooohhh, yum

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jun-19 07:42:57

Good morning everyone from a sunny South Manchester. It was light this morning very early and the birds were singing their hearts out but I turned over and went back to sleep.

Might get a wash and blow today whilst husband goes over to the barbershop. Back to our lovely U.K. routine - he’s off to watch our grandson at cricket practice this evening with our son in law and I will go over to our daughter and play with the 2y old and bathe her whilst mummy pours us some Prosecco!

Many happy returns Sar ??

Your cruise is getting off to a fabulous start BlueSapphire it all sounds perfect. Hope you have a lovely day and evening.
?

Hope this summer solstice day is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Auntieflo Fri 21-Jun-19 07:52:20

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It is a beautiful, bright, sunshiny day here, how lovely, and what a June day should be like.
Had a wonderful day yesterday, seeing family that I haven't seen for over twenty years.
On the way to the bus, we saw a tiny mouse, I think it was a dormouse! It was just sitting at the side of the path, looking wobbly. I don't think he was at all well, but we couldn't rescue him.
DD and SIL are due back from France this weekend,hope they miss the disruptions that are promised.
This afternoon, I am doing an extra volunteer shift, so looking forward to that.
Happy birthday SAR, and have a good day one and all.

Brunette10 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:52:26

Good Morning from a lovely sunny Fife. Sun is streaming. Have DD and DGS's today so may hit an adventure playground nearby since its so nice. Bluesapphie - sounds very calming - enjoy. Sar53 - Happy Birthday, enjoy your day. Hope today is good to all.

Nanabanana1 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:54:21

Morning everyone a bit cloudy here in Torbay hope it stays dry today as would like to tackle the weeds on the garden (why do they grow faster than the plants)
Wishing a good day to all.

GabriellaG54 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:56:06

Good morning everyone from sunny blue-skied Godalming. ☀️?
Usual run at 6.15 and afterwards sat by the river feeding ducks with bits of croissant.
It's so peaceful, narrowboats and the odd cyclist plus the many beautiful trees spreading their multicoured leaves like a magician's cape ftom which a red squirrel emerged.
I also saw two magpies, one on a bench and t'other flew down to join it.
Got to go into Guildford later so a bit of food shopping in M&S, plus fruit and fish from my local market is on the cards.
I wish you all a happy day and flowers for GNers who aren't feeling on top form. grin

GabriellaG54 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:58:41

This was my spot this morning.

ninathenana Fri 21-Jun-19 07:58:53

Good morning all.

Blue sky in Kent, it looks like a nice day.
Yesterdays minor surgery went fine and I was home by 5pm. Just got to wait for the results now.
Usual Friday food shop, then chilling.
Enjoy your days.
Happy Birthday Sar

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 21-Jun-19 08:02:06

Good morning from east London on a bright sunny day. As I’m still on my tennis-rest, am going to Southend with DP to see his brother so anticipate a leg stretch along the front once their business is finished. Happy birthday Sar and hope everyone has a good day.

EllanVannin Fri 21-Jun-19 08:03:48

Good Morning All x
Oh dear some low menacing cloud and not exactly warm either. What a miserable summer. I hope I'm not saying the same as time goes on !

Just been checking the flight of D and SiL who are off to Skiathos for a week while on their stay from Oz. It leaves in 20 minutes and is on-time.
Bit of a disturbed night when someone's alarm went off at 1/2am, bloomin' nuisance.

A Happy Birthday Sar53, enjoy your day. To everyone else have a good Friday.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 21-Jun-19 08:04:52

Morning all from a bright South Notts. Have done the ironing and now I'm going to rest, then on to sister's later for a visit. No more antibiotics after the dentist last week so slowly getting back to normal.
Hope all is well with everyone.