Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Jun-19 06:14:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day for me to Buckingham and Bicester , Will check out the Flea Market in Buckingham , when I return from Bicester.
I only hope there is no delay with road resurfacing around Buckingham as to diversions on the buses.
Mick

BlueSapphire Sat 22-Jun-19 06:20:11

Good morning from a bright and sunny ? Copenhagen, where we are just about to dock!

Looking forward to my tour of the city this morning. And after lunch an afternoon on deck reading.

Good cocktail party last night, followed by lobster for dinner, and then relaxing afterwards with a drink and live music

Have a good day, everyone.

NanKate Sat 22-Jun-19 07:14:42

Morning Mick Blue and All.

What a lovely sunny day here in West Sussex all set fine for our DS’s Party. ? ?

Your cruise sounds wonderful Blue

aggie Sat 22-Jun-19 07:18:51

Good Morning , overcast at the moment , I hope the forecast is correct.

harrigran Sat 22-Jun-19 07:23:09

Good morning from a dry, bright NE.
No plans for today, hopefully get in the garden before the weather breaks tomorrow.
Pleasant lunch out yesterday, it was warm but too windy for a walk afterwards.

Harris27 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:31:15

Beautiful sunny day in NE. Sun out all good for the moment all we need to cheer us up! Thinking about Dgd who is away at camp for first time it's her birthday on Monday and how time flies! Will be catching up on chores but will make time to smell the flowers! Have a good Saturday all!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:37:30

Morning all from a bright South Notts. Will mow the lawn if it's dry enough, otherwise a lazy day with the newspaper, feet up, lashings of tea.
But first I must locate some double-sided sticky tape as I see that the car number plate is a little loose - maybe all that rain got in between the two surfaces. I must avert disaster.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Beechnut Sat 22-Jun-19 07:39:48

Good Morning everyone.
A lovely sunny morning here on Severnside.
No firm plans for today so I think I’ll just surprise myself and see where the day takes me.

I do hope you all enjoy your day ?

Nanabanana1 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:43:48

Morning everyone lovely bright and sunny morning here in Torbay today, planning gardening today must tackle the weeds that seem to be taking over.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Sprout Sat 22-Jun-19 07:44:32

Morning Mick and all. Sun shining in Kent lovely. Off to see my wonderful Brother today. I love talking about our past as I had a brain injury and lost all my past hystory so he is able to fill that in for me. I hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing.

Lins1066 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:44:57

Good Morning all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Nothing planned except I need to wash bedding, maybe a little walk later.
Have a pleasant day in the sunshine.

Greyjoy1953 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:48:31

Morning from a sunny but breezy Colchester. Off for lunch today with old friends. Managed to clear all the garden around the front of the house, not that there’s much but it picking out tiny plants/weeds from shingle. Mum still in hospital recovering from her fall but others are visiting today so have a free day. Take care everyone and have a good day.

Ginny42 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:50:02

Good morning Mick. Beautiful morning in Cheshire and I saw 'my' wren this morning. Hope she's laid some eggs in the nest. The squirrels are wrecking my roses still. Cute yes, but vandals. Had to explain to my new neighbours that they haven't moved next to a mad old lady, I'm just shooing the squirrels.

My DD and DGS arrive overnight tonight, so got to be at the airport at 2.00 a.m. All ready and excited now. Can't wait to see them. He used to run and jump into my arms, but he's too big for that now!

Enjoy your day everyone. Anyone not feeling well, hope today is a better day for you.

Brunette10 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:52:13

Good Morning from a lovely bright start in Fife. Saturday again. DGS's overnight tonight as DD and DSIL are off out to celebrate belated 40th birthday at a very special hotel. Morning to ourselves so will enjoy the peace and quite smile. Hope Saturday is good to all.

Greyduster Sat 22-Jun-19 07:52:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out again today in South Yorkshire. We have no firm plans today so I may do some baking this afternoon. We had a lovely day at Filey yesterday (wonderful fish and chips) but it frustrates me that my dodgy hip will no longer allow me to get right to the end of the brig, where there is usually some good bird watching. We did clock up some though. Have a good day folks.

kittylester Sat 22-Jun-19 07:55:49

Morning all from a very sunny North Leicestershire.

We are planning a trip to a different garden centre today to try to buy a couple of plants we are having difficulty sourcing. Then maybe sit in the garden!

Have a super day everyone.

cornergran Sat 22-Jun-19 07:56:13

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Family birthday party and grandchildren for a sleepover so a good, busy one ahead for us. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 22-Jun-19 08:03:37

Good morning from sunny (for now) Scotland. Expecting an early delivery but ....... who knows.
ginny42. I suggest you jump into his arms ?
Think it might be barbecue weather - do you think if I say “that smells good” that they will pass me a plate and a glass?
Enjoy the day whether it be wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen or your own “castle”.

Carillion Sat 22-Jun-19 08:18:44

Good morning to everyone. Sunny here in Brittany. Don't think the French 'strike' has quite touched central Brittany but the roads seem quiet for 9-15am on a Saturday so perhaps the Gilet Jaune are around? As far as I could discover, internal air flights are being affected today but predominantly the stoppages are relating to rail travel.

Being in a rural rather than coastal part of Brittany, whenever the strikes occur, it's usually our farmers who block petrol stations which has the impact.
Have a good and safe day everyone.

Alygran Sat 22-Jun-19 08:18:46

Good morning from a very sunny North Yorkshire. Friend coming round this morning for coffee then we are off for a walk in the Dales. She is leading a group walk in August and wants to check it out.
Hope everyone has a good day.

gillybob Sat 22-Jun-19 08:24:58

Good morning from the NE coast where it is bright and sunny. My new neighbour has been banging and crashing since just after 7am it sounds like he’s knocking the house down and rebuilding it !

I have always wanted to visit Copenhagen BlueSapphire . My DH worked in Denmark for many years (before we moved in together ) and promised to take me “one day” hmm . I hope you continue to have a lovely cruise. I’ve never tried lobster either .........sounds delicious though.

My son is en route to Kiev this morning where he will go onto Chernobyl. He’s been more than 10 times now and has friends in the Ukraine but I will still worry until he is home.

No plans for me today except maybe a bit of a tidy up in the garden and seeing little Evie later. My dad and I have bought her some silly gnomes for her new garden which she will love. She has just started to walk on her own although still a bit unsteady. The way we were cheering you would think no baby had ever walked before . But she’s our little miracle so everything she does is all the more special.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

ninathenana Sat 22-Jun-19 08:26:56

Good morning all.

A late one for me. I see clear blue sky apart from a criss-cross of vapour trails here in Kent. Hope it's the same in Blackpool DD and SiL at a car rally all weekend.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Sat 22-Jun-19 08:27:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A beautiful morning!
When we came home last night the birds were active even at 11pm and it was still light.
I'm about to go out to enjoy the newly mowed lawn and pick roses for the café tables.

Sar53 Sat 22-Jun-19 08:28:32

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Essex by the sea. Eight year old granddaughter has her Holy Communion today so we are about to get suited and booted ready for church at 10. I'm not a Catholic so this is all very new to me.
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Jun-19 08:33:31

Good Morning All x
Another overcast start but like yesterday it melted away and left a warm sunny afternoon. It's still nice to see some light and brightness in the mornings though.

More trimming of the ceanothus tree/shrub. I did originally mistake it for a cytisus. It's hiding the bottlebrush flowers and also the climbing jasmine which is flowering.

Might just wash some bedding as I love fresh smelling pillow-cases and it'll soon dry.

Not really much else to do other than feed and water myself and the cats and water the neighbours plants as she's away. The day will still go quickly, regardless.

Hope everyone has a nice drop of weather today so enjoy it whether able-bodied or not so.