Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Mon 24-Jun-19 06:12:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but with a bit of greyness in the sky, signs of thunderstorms? here in Brackley.
Quiet day some housework, then maybe if the weather holds out a visit to the cemetery.
Mick

ninathenana Mon 24-Jun-19 06:19:46

Morning Mick and everyone.

Grey skies in Kent but so far dry.
I have been up since 3.30, just couldn't sleep. One advantage, the vixen and one cub came right up to the patio door about 5.00am.
Housework and paperwork to do today.
Have a good day everyone.

vena11 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:25:42

Morning Mick and Ninathenana. grey here in Bristol funny sky, I have been awake since 2.30 just could not sleep. up now and going out soon to look after the wee ones then take them to school, might need a little nap later.

Greyjoy1953 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:38:51

Morning all, grey here too in Essex this morning. Been up since 5 why when we are retired do we wake so early!! Off to see mum this afternoon, still in hospital hopefully she is a bit more mobile and they will let her out soon. She’s getting stressed out being there. Contemplating going for a job but only contemplating ha ha. Have a good day everyone.

Greyjoy1953 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:39:51

Sorry that should have been jog not job..

MawBroonsback Mon 24-Jun-19 06:43:39

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is another lovely day! I was expecting thunder and rain, but won’t pack away the brolly or mac yet.
Feeling very happy that my weekend of “operation grannies in charge” was successfully accomplished
My co- granny and I had a lovely weekend looking after the 3 Moseley DGCs (plus a rather dauntingly large house which currently does not have a kitchen) and it was a privilege to be a part of their lives.
Picking Hattie up from kennels this morning then I am also starting a new Future Learn course on Royal Fashion through history. I am fascinated by the history of fashion and the social history which accompanies it and this was the closest online course I could find.
But as I also enjoy historical fiction (Bring Up the Bodies being my latest favourite) , I hope this will be really interesting.
Wishing relief from medical issues for those suffering (Marydoll and oldgaijin among you) and a pleasant day to all!

Ginny42 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:46:40

Good morning Mick and everyone. I thought I was an early riser but 2.30 and 3.30?

It's poured in the night, but thank goodness the thunderstorm forecast did not arrive. Car in today for new air con unit. Expensive, but someone hit the front of my car and damaged the pipes. Really missed it these last few days, so I'll be glad to get it fixed. Decided to have a baking day today.

Enjoy your day everyone and hope anyone feeling poorly is a little better today.

cornergran Mon 24-Jun-19 06:46:52

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset. Mr C has an early dental appointment so the chauffeur needs to be organised. Catch up day after that before a peaceful evening while Mr C is off to a meeting. Hope you get to the cemetery today Mick and Monday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Mon 24-Jun-19 06:48:08

Morning all from a very misty, muggy North Leicestershire.

Cake making for me this morning. It's the last session of our Alzheimer's course and we always take some goodies in for the Carer's as they deserve it!!

Sorry for those of you who didnt sleep well , have a nap later if you can.

We still wake up at 5.45 greyjoy - years of conditioning, I expect.

Greyduster Mon 24-Jun-19 07:05:20

Good. Ironing, Michael and all GNs. It is uniformally grey and muggy here in South Yorkshire and we have had a lot of rain during the night. Hopefully some of it will have gone into our new water butt which required a Heath Robinson creative remodelling of the downpipe and some duct tape! Don’t ask! A quiet day and the first school run of the week for us later. Maw I enjoyed ‘Bringing up the Bodies’, too. Her new one is coming out next year I believe. Have a good day folks.

Beechnut Mon 24-Jun-19 07:07:23

Good Morning everyone.
Dry and cloudy with rain forecast. Off to the library and tax the car today.
You’re fashion course sounds interesting Maw.
A Midsummer song yesterday for me. Most choirs I enjoyed some others not so much.

I hope you all catch up on your sleep, feel better if poorly and generally have the best day you can ?

Grammaretto Mon 24-Jun-19 07:15:54

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Thick fog and nothing like the end of June. The crows were noisy yesterday, as though they were complaining about the weather.
Community garden today and a volunteer is due to arrive later to help out for a few weeks. I'll get her room prepared.
She says she loves Scotland. I hope she can cope with midges.
Thinking of all of you who are unwell. Get better soon.

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 07:35:19

Good morning everyone from a muggy South Manchester. We had torrential rain around 10pm last night. Glad it’s dry for all the people off to work this morning!

We have no plans as such today but need to make some hotel arrangements for Sunday and ring some estate agents as we are travelling up to Inverness for a week as my dad, aged 86y has a large house in the Highlands and he has decided to sell it. It has been empty since his sister who lived in it, sadly died last year.

I hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Sprout Mon 24-Jun-19 07:36:46

Morning Mick and all. Bright start to the day. Normal day washing tidy up and see how rest of day pans out. Have a good day everyone ...

Sar53 Mon 24-Jun-19 07:50:19

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea, the sun is almost shining. Housework this morning then I'm looking after two year old twin step grandchildren whilst their mum takes older brother to a hospital appointment. I'll need four arms and eyes in the back of my head !!!

BlueSapphire Mon 24-Jun-19 07:57:11

Hello everyone from a very bright and sunny ?Gdansk. We are forecast temperatures in the mid 20s today.

Yesterday was quite emotional for me as I scattered some of DH's ashes in the sea. It was all arranged beautifully for me by the chaplain. We had to wear life jackets as we were standing at an open door just above sea level! A short service first and then I read out a favourite song lyric (If I should fall behind, wait for me); his ashes were then cast to the wind and the tides. I think he would have been happy - he had been a very keen scuba diver and a qualified ocean yacht skipper, and was never happier than when he was in, on or under the sea. I then went and raised a glass to him!

Today we are in Poland, and I am looking forward to a tour of the city and surroundings.

Hope everyone has a good day; Maw, your course sounds fascinating

MawBroonsback Mon 24-Jun-19 08:00:30

Thinking of you Bluesapphire what a brave thing to do.
M would have been so proud of you, as are we. ??

Lins1066 Mon 24-Jun-19 08:07:07

Good Morning from a cloudy and humid S Welsh coast.
Had a BBQ with the family yesterday, with DH cooking under the patio umbrella due to nuisance rain. Still, we enjoyed it and being together.
Little planned today, maybe a little walk later.
I enjoy historical fiction and your course sounds interesting Maw

annsixty Mon 24-Jun-19 08:09:11

Good morning from an overcast Stockport.
I am still in bed waiting for my teasmaid to work it's magic.
A lovely thing to achieve Bluesapphire giving you more happy memories.
As usual nothing on my social calendar for today , hope you all have as good a day as you can.

gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 08:14:35

Good morning from a cool and damp NE coast where we have a severe weather warning in place for later this morning. Flaming June it most definitely isn’t !

A week of child care and school runs starting with the tea time pick up today . Of course I have to be in “that place” in between, as sadly no lottery win over the weekend.

Thank you for sharing yesterday with us BlueSapphire . What a wonderful way to say a final farewell to your DH who loved the sea, but very emotional for you I can imagine. I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise.

Marydoll there was an excellent documentary on TV about a month ago now about Royal fashion throughout history . I wish I could remember its name but it was shown on a Saturday evening sometime in May. Definitely worth watching for you and might be helpful too.

I am just finishing my cuppa and that’s me off for my daily torture.

Have a good Monday everyone.....let’s hope the weather improves sometime soon. x

Carillion Mon 24-Jun-19 08:17:07

Good morning everyone.
Bluesapphire what serenity.. X
Maw, your course sounds wonderful. I have loved looking at fashion evolution for years and have a real passion for anything related to textiles. I once attended lectures on the history of pattern drafting.
Hope everyone can enjoy their day..

Marydoll Mon 24-Jun-19 08:27:44

Good morning all from a very damp Glasgow, so "damp" that my husband has cancelled his golf!
I don't know who is more disappointed, him or me!!! grin
I was planning to sort his birthday presents for Thursday, while he was golfing!

Spent a lovely couple of hours in the garden yesterday, I found it soothes my soul, just pottering about on my own.
I'm so excited I have THREE gooseberries on the bush I got from Asda for £1.50 last year. No fancy, expensive garden centres for me. grin

Got a bit of a temperature this morning, so it's a quiet day for me. I have antibiotics as a precaution until the tests come back, so there is no point in even bothering my GP.
I shall type up the labels for the Save the Date reminders for my daughter's forthcoming wedding in March.
Things are getting tense already! wink grin

BlueSapphire what a very emotional day for you yesterday, but a lovely way to honour your husband's memory.

For all those who are sad or under the weather, flowers.
Have a hopefully dry and thunder free day, everyone.

Brunette10 Mon 24-Jun-19 08:33:31

Good Morning all form a dull and dreary Fife. What a change from yesterday when the sun was shining. Been having computer problems for the last 24 hours and unbeknown to me DH hd switched everything off so only just got internet. Not sure what today will bring but I do know this is the first day that I can actually say I have no running about to do for anything or anyone and it feels quite nice. Bluesapphire how emotional for you yesterday but lovely memories for you to treasure. Hope everyone has a good day and thinking of those who are under the weather - keep your chin up.

Pittcity Mon 24-Jun-19 08:35:27

Good morning from a warm but cloudy Colchester. Carol on BBC Breakfast has just predicted that the UK temperature could reach 40 this summer......help! I don't do hot and muggy.
Walking netball this morning in air conditioning.

Sprout Mon 24-Jun-19 08:47:45

Bluesapphire that was a lovely thing to do. My children and I did the same thing last year not quite on such a grand scale but very moving and what my DH wanted. After 53yrs we miss him so much. Take care all