Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Jun-19 06:13:45

Good Morning Everyone,
The sky this morning is grey but its dry, and with some wind.
Hoping the Sun appears later.
Usual Friday for me , had planned to have a few beers but have changed my mind.
Visit to the chippy nearby later.
Mick

NannyJan53 Fri 28-Jun-19 06:29:25

Good morning Mick and all to follow.

It is 8.30am here in Lindos, very warm and sunny.

We are catching the bus to Rhodes town shortly and staying overnight.

This is our second week, we are back on Sunday 7th July.

Have a lovely day everyone

Resurgam123 Fri 28-Jun-19 06:30:59

Good Morning Mick.
Good morning to anyone who cannot get back to sleep.
Sunny and clear in Cheshire.
Have a good day.

NanKate Fri 28-Jun-19 06:33:31

Good morning Mick and All.

Should be a pretty warm day here in South Bucks.

I met DH today 51 years ago. Just grateful we proved everyone wrong who said it wouldn’t last. I can’t believe the time has gone so quickly. Out to supper tonight. I wonder if I should have a purple streak in my hair and false eyelashes as I did then ?

Hope those who are not feeling 100% have a restful day.

NanKate Fri 28-Jun-19 06:34:36

Morning NannyJ and Resurg.

Ginny42 Fri 28-Jun-19 06:35:03

Morning Mick and everyone. It's a bright sunny morning here in Cheshire, no clouds in sight. The trees in the woods are moving slightly, so only a gentle breeze here. However the wind yesterday blew lots of rose petals onto the patio and paths so I'll have to go and sweep the garden later.

Out for a walk at 9.00 and my DD tells me she and GS are going for a run after that. I will be having my coffee in the garden! We decided on a relaxing day today just chilling, as we've got a busy weekend.

Enjoy your day Mick and everyone. Take care of yourself if you're feeling under the weather. xx

Beechnut Fri 28-Jun-19 06:44:07

Good Morning everyone.
Dry with some sunshine on Severnside.
Shopping for me this morning then back home to start to eat my purchases, bed changing and washing.

I hope you all have a good day (gillbobs favourite) ?

kittylester Fri 28-Jun-19 06:44:26

Morning all from a grey North Leicestershire. I'm sure it will get better.

Taking our cleaner to DS1's today and then out for brew and cupcake with my friend.

Well done kate and mrkate. flowers

Enjoy your days everyone, whatever you are up to.

Beechnut Fri 28-Jun-19 06:45:23

gillybob

Sprout Fri 28-Jun-19 06:55:19

Morning Mick and all. Dull and merry here in Kent this morning so far. Dogs got me up early can't go back to bed so a cuppa and read my book for a while. Out to see my friends at the tea and cake hour at the library this afternoon then see my bestie for a good old chat. Have a good day everyone.

Sprout Fri 28-Jun-19 06:57:48

Oh dear it is early sorry meant dull and merky.

NfkDumpling Fri 28-Jun-19 06:59:49

Morning All

Another grey day here in the north of Norfolk. That heatwave in Europe hasn’t reached here!

Last week several keys on my laptop decided to stop working. It was the final straw so I gave in and have ordered a new one. Yesterday I had a call from the computer shop to say the external hard drive I couldn’t get to work is indeed dead (it had backed up photos on), and this morning the nice little keyboard with the protector cover on my iPad has refused to work. Hopefully that’s the third thing!

Alygran Fri 28-Jun-19 07:05:53

Good morning everyone. Sunny and breezy here in the High Peak.
Still on Grandma duty so attending the school fair later. DGS and I are going out with DD2 for a curry this evening.
Hope you all have a good day. Thinking of Panache moving today.

Lins1066 Fri 28-Jun-19 07:23:53

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
Sunny and very windy here on S Welsh coast. Very warm in the night so didn't sleep well. It was very warm yesterday afternoon and evening.
Book Club this morning.
Well done indeed NanKate and Mr NK ?
Have a good day all.

dragonfly46 Fri 28-Jun-19 07:45:20

Good morning from a yellow sky in Leicestershire. We are going to a very good friend’s funeral today so many tears will be shed.

Grammaretto Fri 28-Jun-19 07:46:48

Hello everyone from the Scottish Borders. I'm glad nfkD that we have missed the heat. My volunteer, who is from France is happily missing temps in the 40s!! That's 110f old money.
But it was warm enough to have supper in the garden last night which was lovely after a very long hot day at the hospital.
Last yoga of term today and maybe gardening afterwards.

ninathenana Fri 28-Jun-19 07:49:28

Morning all.

Grey and windy start in Kent. I woke at 3.30am to find DH was downstairs. Had a session with my Kindle and dropped off again at 5.30. Now time for a shower.
Food shopping and lunch out. We have some two for one vouchers for a local gastro pub, it would be a shame to waste them.
Have a good day.

Pittcity Fri 28-Jun-19 07:50:56

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. I am suffering from the high pollen count and the breeze blowing it in through the bedroom windows that DH insists on having wide open even though it's not that warm! I'll be ok once the antihistamines kick in.
Bits and bobs today.

Marydoll Fri 28-Jun-19 07:54:52

Good morning Mick and all from a verry muggy Glasgow.

Not much planned as I wasn't too well yesterday, chest pains and the exhaustion was overwhelming, so a good excuse to do nothing! Hopefully I will get my second angiogram soon.
Our garden is looking much better than a year ago, during all the building work. so I will just sit and admire. smile
I was out in the dark last night, removing all the dead solar lights, DH thought I was mad!

Nannyjan, I'm so envious of you. We stayed in Rhodes town a few years ago, (our first visit to Greece) I would go back in a heartbeat.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

gillybob Fri 28-Jun-19 08:04:17

Good morning from the NE coast where it’s quite dull and cloudy . Sunshine due later (hopefully for 1 o’clock when I will run out of “that place” screaming like a banshee).

Last school run of the week as their mum finishes early today too but I have little Evie on Saturday night and all day Sunday so only one night off for this wicked woman ! Might drink myself into a stupor tonight who knows? grin

I hope you continue to have a lovely holiday in Lindos NannyJan And have a lovely “anniversary of when we met” date NanKate how romantic. I can’t remember when DH and I met although I should do as it’s the day I started working at the same place he worked. It obviously wasn’t a romantic meeting as we were work colleagues for a while before we became “lovers” blush ooooooohhhhh. Must try and work it out sometime.

Thank you for rembering that I BLOOMIN’ LOVE FRIDAY’S Beechnut it always feels like some heavy chains have been cut for a couple of days .

Have. Good day everyone x

Nanabanana1 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:04:57

Good morning everyone lovely morning here in Torbay.
Off to National Cream Tea day today with over 60’s club. Yum yum! Picking up grandchildren later to spend weekend with me ?

harrigran Fri 28-Jun-19 08:09:14

Good morning from an overcast NE, hoping it will be another pleasant day.
Yesterday proved to be warm and very sunny for our trip into Cumbria for lunch. We had a two hour catch up with friends before they had to leave as they still have DC at school.
I have to leave soon for the Diabetes course, my friend is going to take me and stay with me.

Urmstongran Fri 28-Jun-19 08:11:47

Good morning everyone from another glorious day in South Manchester. We are picking dad up at lunchtime to eat at his favourite Italian restaurant where he enjoys the same dish every time we go.

My husband will be taking our 6y old grandson to his cricket practice at tea time. I don’t know who enjoys it more!

Hope you feel better soon Marydoll you’re having a tough time.

Hope Friday (woohoo gillybob!) is good to us all whether we have plans or none.

Brunette10 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:24:40

Good Morning from a dullish Fife, so disappointed that the sun isn't shining like yesterday. Nothing planned for today but maybe if the sun pops it head out we may head out for lunch somewhere. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sar53 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:32:36

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea. Not much planned today apart from food shopping, I know how to live !!!
Have a good day everyone.