Gransnet forums

Chat

When to tell Long Distant SO about denture

(91 Posts)
What2do Sun 30-Jun-19 03:57:08

Hello - I'm new here and wanted to reach out for some guidance or advice. I recently started corresponding w/ a woman from South America. We met on On line dating site, we have been talking for about 6 months and she's coming to visit me next month. I was wondering, should I tell her about my denture before she comes here or wait to see her and tell her face to face? She's a wonderful woman, a little vain but is very kind...to be honest, we have fallen for one another however NEVER met...this is our first face to face meeting and I am so excited...however, I feel I must tell her at some point...the question is tell her over one of our phone calls or face to face...any advice??????????????

tanith Sun 30-Jun-19 07:04:50

Why do you need to tell her? If she finds out in the fullness of time so be it. Unless she is incredibly picky it won’t matter a jot.

Willow500 Sun 30-Jun-19 07:08:33

How do you know she doesn't wear dentures too - it's not an issue you should be worrying about! Good luck with your meeting.

NfkDumpling Sun 30-Jun-19 07:14:26

Its only a denture. She may well have one too.

Grammaretto Sun 30-Jun-19 07:31:54

Welcome to gransnet What2do.
I'm afraid your post made me chuckle. I think your anxiety about the first meeting is causing you to worry about something so seemingly unimportant.
Good luck with the meeting . Try to forget about your teeth but avoid toffees.

EllanVannin Sun 30-Jun-19 08:26:55

So long as it's firmly in place why worry ? Don't sneeze !!

seacliff Sun 30-Jun-19 08:42:35

How old is she? How do you know she is vain?

eazybee Sun 30-Jun-19 09:41:48

'She's a wonderful woman, a little vain..'
And you are not?

BradfordLass72 Sun 30-Jun-19 10:04:56

Stick your dentures in firmly. And be sure to take off your rose coloured spectacles.

I'm not sure how old you are but surely you must know it is impossible to tell, when you haven't met someone, and have been in long-distance contact only 6 months, whether they are wonderful or not?

Loneliness can make a person vulnerable and, sadly, gullible.

Keep your hand on your ha'penny as we say in Yorkshire and try to see reality rather than what your loneliness is urging you to accept.

What2do Sun 30-Jun-19 23:13:51

Thank you all for your feedback and advice, it was most comforting...to answer some questions, I am 51 years old she is 48, hmmm, I did say she is vain....more about HER looks however she the kind of person that finds ugly beautiful...I am going to catch some hell for this but just being honest, she has chihuahua's....and loves french bulldogs.....I honestly think those two animals put the ug...in ugly....however, she loves em...am I vain, hmm, great point...guess I am a little...however, I would rather be w/ someone who is beautiful on the inside and maybe not so much on the outside, outside beauty fades w/ time...inside beauty IMHO...grows more beautiful each and every day...

Thanks everyone for your kind and QUICK responses...this board is excellent!!!!

Callistemon Sun 30-Jun-19 23:18:57

just don't leave them in a glass by the bed …..

onaclearday Sun 30-Jun-19 23:24:04

Sorry to be thick but what does SO stand f for?

onaclearday Sun 30-Jun-19 23:24:34

Sorry for typo

Esspee Sun 30-Jun-19 23:46:33

Onaclearday SO usually stands for "significant other" probably partner being the best synonym though I've never seen it used for someone you have never met.

Esspee Sun 30-Jun-19 23:49:24

What2do May I ask who paid for the plane ticket?

What2do Sun 30-Jun-19 23:57:17

Sorry, SO = Significant other...

What2do Sun 30-Jun-19 23:59:09

Esspee - We both are working professionals, so since she took her vacation time I paid for the ticket.

gransal Mon 01-Jul-19 00:17:52

You paid for the ticket ? Why ? Surely she should at the very least pay half. Please be careful.

Ohmother Mon 01-Jul-19 06:07:51

Be VERY careful at spending money on someone you have NEVER met. Watch out for ‘...excited to be seeing you but need more money because...’ texts too. ?

BlueBelle Mon 01-Jul-19 06:18:43

Oh dear why do I get warning bells ringing here
If you are both working why didn’t she buy her own ticket over, it’s her holiday Would she pay yours to go there ?
How do you know she’s a wonderful woman? you have only heard her side of the story she could be telling you any old sh1t You Have no idea who she is
Sorry to rain on your parade but don’t let your heart and other organs lead your head I think your dentures are the last thing to worry about

Resurgam123 Mon 01-Jul-19 07:19:40

Oh thank God for that i thought I was shut out again.

chelseababy Mon 01-Jul-19 07:21:09

I agree with Bradfordlass and others urging caution. Have you tried googling her photo and name? There's no fool like an old(ish) fool.

NfkDumpling Mon 01-Jul-19 07:37:33

There are many stories about people being conned through on line dating sites but few of the success stories make headlines. And there are a lot of success stories. So good luck What2do. Have a lovely time with your lady and don’t worry. (And as *Bradfordlass says “keep your hand on your ha’penny!)

Resurgam123 have you been shut out?

NfkDumpling Mon 01-Jul-19 07:42:58

Aha Resurgam just read “Good Morning” thread. No I’ve not been shut out of GN but FB has been iffy on my phone and I can no longer access our local paper on it. It’s an Huawei. Perhaps things will improve now Donald says its OK!

seacliff Mon 01-Jul-19 07:44:10

I am a bit doubtful about all this, including the being shut out.