Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Sun 30-Jun-19 06:22:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright sunny start with a clear sky this morning in Brackley.
Had prepared the turkey curry yesterday, will do it to warm in slow cooker later.
Other than a usual Sunday in, its build up time for the tour de France which will occupy my TV viewing most afternoons from next Saturday.
Mick

kittylester Sun 30-Jun-19 06:28:29

Morning Mick, morning all.

North Leicestershire is warm and sunny.

We are up early as dh has a hospital appt at 7 45!! Best get a wriggle on.

Sprout Sun 30-Jun-19 06:31:38

Morning Mick and all. Up with the lark due to hardly any sleep and I expect many people have been the same. Bright morning a bit windy. Hope I can grab some sleep throughout the day. Even the dogs are complaining. Hope everyone has a great day and those not feeling well my thoughts are with you.

Calpurnia Sun 30-Jun-19 06:33:01

It’s rather cloudy here in my corner of S.Devon but hopefully the sun will shine later. I will try and get my husband out in the car today. He is really not well but I hope some fresh sea air will do us both good. Fortunately the prom is not too far away and there are nice sea facing benches to rest on while we enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

Wishing all GN’s a happy stress free day.

Grammaretto Sun 30-Jun-19 07:01:25

We have had our Scottish summer now: 2 hot days and a thunderstorm.
Its fresh and windy today. I've arranged to meet an old friend in Edinburgh later so won't be a golf widow. wink
Hope everyone's day goes well.

BlueSapphire Sun 30-Jun-19 07:06:19

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Tallin, in Estonia.
Just about to go and meet up for my city tour. Have a good day everyone!

Greyduster Sun 30-Jun-19 07:11:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. South Yorkshire is just coming up to a gentle simmer. Some cloud about. Please don’t let it be as hot as yesterday. GS’s phone alarm woke both he and I this morning. He is here for most of the day while his parents are running in a half marathon. We may check out the swimming pool and hope that everyone doesn’t have the same idea! Hope the curry goes down well, Mick. Let us know how it turns out. Have a good Sunday folks.

Urmstongran Sun 30-Jun-19 07:17:39

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where the sun is shining. The air is fresher though and the pollen count must have dropped as my hay fever has gone.

We are setting off for a long drive up to the Highlands in a bit. We are booked into a lovely hotel for 6 nights which overlooks Loch Carron. Busy week ahead as we have appointments made to set in motion the selling of my second dad’s house up there. His parents bought it in 1929 and it’s been the family home ever since. This will be sad for him to do but he’s 86y and says it needs to be done now.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

NfkDumpling Sun 30-Jun-19 07:21:13

Morning All

A lovely summers morning here in Norfolk with a gently breeze. It should be in the mid twenties today so perfect for me.

May go for a sail with DS and family later as long as the breeze doesn’t fill in too much.

I loved Tallinn Sapphire. But it was minus 24 when we visited so not too many tourists apart from a few hardy Japanese and Canadians.

Marydoll Sun 30-Jun-19 07:29:21

Good morning all from a cool and breezy Glasgow, looks like we have had our summer!
Woken at 5.30 by burglar alarm, well my husband was! I never heard it! ? However, it took him so long to put it off, that I went down too. Heavens knows what he did to it, it wouldn't stop!!! It's usually me who goes down.
Then I realised all the neighbours' alarms were going too. confused. There was no power cut, so who knows what caused it.

I'm off out to church this morning, I haven't been in ages, as I have been so unwell. It will be good to catch up with people.

I hope all goes well for Mr Kitty, that is an early start, Kitty.
Grammaretto, enjoy your day. I'm glad you took our advice and are no longer a golf widow grin

Wishing everyone a pleasant Sunday, whatever your plans.

Beechnut Sun 30-Jun-19 07:32:48

Good Morning everyone.
Dry and bright on Severnside.
My day out yesterday was hot and weary so I don’t plan on doing much today......potter and sit.

I hope you all have a good day and your husband enjoys his trip out Calpurnia ?

Marydoll Sun 30-Jun-19 07:33:17

Safe journey Urmonstongram, have brought your midgie repellant ?

Urmstongran Sun 30-Jun-19 07:38:26

Thank you Marydoll
Nooo!!
Let’s just hope they don’t think I’m sweet enough.
?

Sar53 Sun 30-Jun-19 07:40:12

Good morning everyone from a very sunny Essex by the sea. We will go out for our usual breakfast a little later then we are heading to a local Folk Festival this afternoon.
I'm sure it will be very busy and very hot.
Have a good day everyone.

Olive123 Sun 30-Jun-19 07:46:07

Beautiful morning here. Off to watch county ladies bowls competition followed by a pub lunch and then back to watch the semi finals! No housework today! Yippee.

NanKate Sun 30-Jun-19 07:46:37

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny and slightly cooler start in South Bucks. It was about 33 degrees here yesterday just awful.

I sat watching the last episode of a series on my IPad last night with the windows wide open then the itching started and I soon realised I had been bitten 3 times by a mozzie I took a Piriton the itching stopped but I feel hung over this morning. Nothing very productive from me today I suspect. Mary I think I need some of your repellant.

NotAGran55 Sun 30-Jun-19 07:54:45

Good morning everyone.
Perfect weather here in Berkshire for my sister’s Wedding !
Thank the lord it’s cooler than yesterday.

Brunette10 Sun 30-Jun-19 07:54:59

Good morning from a sunny Fife. Woke up very early this morning so have been busy with some chores already. Fence all painted yesterday by DH and looking good hopefully we shall get out and about today and enjoy what’s left of our good weather. Hope Sunday is good to all.

EllanVannin Sun 30-Jun-19 08:04:25

Good morning All x
Sunny and cloudy, at least it's brighter than it was yesterday after hanging cloud and a cold blast from the river. My feet were like ice last night and I was glad to go to bed.
Like gillybob, 2 fine days and that's your lot here. The forecast for the week is sunny and cloudy. A Madam Butterfly summer----" One fine day !"

Cats are fed and have gone out to play. I'm not bothering with my usual joint of meat today so have got a couple of nice lamb chops and will do creamed potato and a baby cauli with them. Less cooking.

Those on holiday, enjoy your time and for all at home have a peaceful day.

harrigran Sun 30-Jun-19 08:06:33

Good morning from an overcast NE, it is supposed to warm up but we will probably get a breeze that prevents it from getting too warm.
All the family visiting this afternoon.
Good luck to Mr Lester for his hospital appointment, hope he is seen promptly.
DH had daily appointments over two months and it can be exhausting.

Lins1066 Sun 30-Jun-19 08:16:05

Good Morning Mick and all GN's. Cloudy start here on S Welsh coast and mercifully cooler.
May do some ironing later and a little walk.
DS and DiL flew to Calgary yesterday, they are going to the Glasier National Park in Montana and then a couple of days at the Calgary Stampede.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday and your DH enjoys his day out Calpuria.

Nanabanana1 Sun 30-Jun-19 08:18:55

Morning all, cloudy here this morning, are you in Torbay Calpurnia?
Nothing planned for today, might get grandchildren out for a walk and then some crafting with Grandaughter. Have a pleasant day everyone.

cornergran Sun 30-Jun-19 08:27:10

Morning Mick, Morning All from a cloudy, breezy corner of Somerset. Off out soon, over the bridge to Wales hope the motorway fairy is kind today. Guess Mr Lester is on his way home now. Hope all went well, your sisters wedding is perfect notagran and Sunday is kind to everyone.

annsixty Sun 30-Jun-19 08:31:04

Good morning all.
It is dull and breezy in Stockport this morning, a change from the heat of yesterday.
A usual day of doing very little for me.
I am finding out the truth of how lonely weekends are when alone.

gillybob Sun 30-Jun-19 08:34:57

Good morning from the NE coast where it is dull and overcast . The forecast shows a day of cloud and sunny intervals but we shall see. We had heavy rain again late last night and I’m not sure whether we will see any kind of real summer here in the North East.

A busy day of cleaning the paths and patio yesterday so the garden is looking quite nice although a few things have been battered by the heavy rain. Today I really need to catch up on a bit shopping ready for the overnights and school runs of next week. I rarely let myself enjoy Sunday as I just see it as Monday Eve so it’s best just to keep busy and keep my mind off it.

I hope Mr Kitty’s early appointment goes well. It’s strange having an early appointment on a Sunday but I have taken my dad to one or two, it’s always much easier to get parked.
I hope you have a good trip up to Scotland Urmstongran I was going to suggest you wave as you pass but I suspect you might be going up West rather than East. Anyway do enjoy your stay.

Enjoy Estonia BlueSapphire I just looked it up and Tallinn old town sounds lovely. Have a great day.

Enjoy Sunday everyone whatever you are doing x