Gransnet forums

Chat

Procrastination

(83 Posts)
annodomini Wed 10-Jul-19 10:07:51

I'm a world-class procrastinator. At the moment I am putting off ironing a duvet cover.
What are you putting off?

ninathenana Wed 10-Jul-19 10:12:04

Finishing of some paperwork I've started to deal with.
I have until the end of August to send it. I think that's the problem.

tanith Wed 10-Jul-19 10:14:25

Two shrubs in the garden need a serious clipping but it’s very warm out there so here I am with iPad and cuppa. ?

humptydumpty Wed 10-Jul-19 10:25:23

Putting off contacting friends blush

MiniMoon Wed 10-Jul-19 10:25:33

I'm putting off ironing too. I wish the clothes would just straighten themselves.
I wouldn't bother ironing the duvet cover, unless it's very creased, or you are inviting guests to see your bedroom!

Teacheranne Wed 10-Jul-19 10:27:09

Can't be bothered doing anything!

I wish I could blame the hot weather but the heatwave seems to be missing my region - only had the odd day of sun here in Manchester!

Maybelle Wed 10-Jul-19 10:27:51

keep planning to sort through the Christmas decorations, throw out the tatty ones and rebox the ones we want to keep.
I have a new, large storage box. I have the cupboard space planned to store them in. All I need now is the get up and go !

Not the right season to even think of Christmas ?

I agree it's not.

And I have managed to procrastinate over this task for 2 1/2 years now , through all seasons, including when I get them out in December to when I put them away in January . . .

Feelingmyage55 Wed 10-Jul-19 11:14:55

My “get up and go” has got up and gone! Need to go to the dump and then the charity shop, wash the windows and pot up some bedding plants that have completely outgrown the tray! I could go on..... and on ........on. Wimbledon at 2 o’clock so will try ...... but now I am on GN - someone please give me a nudge?

Septimia Wed 10-Jul-19 12:58:47

Everything! In favour of the tennis. Unfortunately I have to go to a meeting and can't put that off.

Keeper1 Wed 10-Jul-19 13:10:34

Starting my diet!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 10-Jul-19 13:20:31

I'm putting off the ironing here too. It's warm and clammy and I don't want to do it. The longer I leave it the drier it'll get and it'll be more difficult to get the creases out - so why delay? A general lack of enthusiasm, I guess.
There's the vacuuming as well.

Pantglas1 Wed 10-Jul-19 13:33:10

Meant to make a chicken curry for tomorrow night’s supper as it’s always tastier 2nd day but I’ve printed boarding passes, booked airport parking and done general admin instead.

I was a secretary before retirement and still prefer pootling around with office work to being in the kitchen.

crazyH Wed 10-Jul-19 17:26:31

My POAs - started in January and not even half way through.

Day6 Wed 10-Jul-19 17:34:53

I blame retirement. I put off things every single day, because I have tomorrow in which to do them. (I hope!)

I could win gold at the Olympics for procrastination. I assuage my guilt by remembering I have worked like a crazy stressed-out, blue-arsed fly for most of my working years (and it affected my health) so it is a real pleasure and treat now to not have to plan my hours or feel obliged to do things when I don't have the inclination. (I have to do some things in an 11th hour rush sometimes, so I am daft to put them off really. confused )

Wheniwasyourage Wed 10-Jul-19 18:44:35

Well, I've been putting off posting on this thread since I noticed it, so can I have a point for getting round to it now please? I also really need to get on with replying to a couple of emails, which are becoming increasingly urgent. Not to mention the garden...

Minniemoo Wed 10-Jul-19 23:16:21

I'm putting off going to bed. I am so comfortable here. I should be in bed as I'm up and out ridiculously early but I am still sat here.

Olderthanmost Wed 10-Jul-19 23:19:54

Me too. Wife went to bed early with a migraine. I'm putting it off in case I disturb her

Olderthanmost Wed 10-Jul-19 23:20:57

Why early Minn

Mamissimo Wed 10-Jul-19 23:23:58

I’ve been thinking of posting on this thread for a while now...?

gmarie Wed 10-Jul-19 23:25:45

Literally writing a piece about procrastination as part of my NaNoWriMo Camp submission! ;)

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 00:11:52

I've been successfully putting off cutting a thick slice of Tiger bread I bought this afternoon and spreading it fairly thickly with French butter and yummy damson jam.
I didn't give in to temptation as I knew that 1 slice would become 3. I had 2 glasses of water instead. grin

gransal Thu 11-Jul-19 00:36:01

The one thing I refuse to do is ironing. dh always helped but I iron everything. Got a great lady who does a brilliant job and is so reasonable.2 pairs of 90x90 heavy curtains cost me £10. My stress levels are most certainly worth lowering for £10.

Griselda Thu 11-Jul-19 09:51:53

...... almost everything.

Leah50 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:55:05

I've been putting off clearing the understairs cupboard for years. Don't think I've ever been to the back of it as I don't like spiders & couldn't escape quickly.

soos45 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:57:03

Sorting out a box (or 2) of old photos....and cleaning the oven