Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Thu 11-Jul-19 06:15:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but dry at the moment here in Brackley after what appears to have been some overnight rain.
Usual day to Bicester and Buckingham on the buses , then see the final part of todays stage of the Tour on TV when I get back.
Mick

Bellasnana Thu 11-Jul-19 06:25:37

Good morning Mick, and everyone.
Well, it is supposed to be slightly cooler in Malta today which will be welcome as yesterday really was a scorcher. See photo!

I enjoyed the tennis yesterday but will have divided loyalties tomorrow as Federer and Nadal are playing and I like them both.

Shall venture out today as I have a few errands to run. I usually walk everywhere but after yesterday’s struggle in the heat, I shall be taking the car and hoping I can park. This island has too many cars for such a small area.

Hope everyone has a good day sunshine

silverlining48 Thu 11-Jul-19 06:29:49

Good morning Michael and all to follow. It’s grey here in Kent hoping it will brighten up as I have two cases full of clothes needing washing having returned last night from a very hot and sunny ( but oh so sweaty) week in Rhodes so hoping the sun will come out to dry said laundry.
Need to get to the shops as cupboard is bare and have to shift the pounds acquired this week ..... so much to do.
Have a good day all.

silverlining48 Thu 11-Jul-19 06:31:43

Morning Bellasnana, and I thought Rhodes was hot. Wow.

Pantglas1 Thu 11-Jul-19 06:39:13

Morning all and another fine day in Spain. I’m rooting for Nadal Bellasnana - but I think Federer is playing really well he might just nick it.

Off to lunch with a friend after making a Thai Green curry which should have been done yesterday! This retirement lark is such a hoot, if I get any more relaxed about stuff, folks will think I’ve been lobotomised!

Happy days to all.

kittylester Thu 11-Jul-19 06:43:30

Morning all from a slightly muggy North Leicestershire. It rained overnight and there are some greyish clouds in the sky.

Alzheimer's Carer's course this morning and GN meet up this afternoon. brewcupcake

Glad it's not that hot here, bella

Greyduster Thu 11-Jul-19 06:43:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is overcast in South Yorkshire and what my mother used to call ‘muggy’. I am into a pattern of waking up at around five these days and there is nothing to do but get up and see what you folks are doing! I have a pile of ironing and a haircut awaiting me today and cooking something for DH for tomorrow as I am out all day. I wish you all the cool you can find, Bellasnana! Have a good day folks.

BlueSapphire Thu 11-Jul-19 07:01:42

Good morning all from a cloudy Northampton. Waiting for DGDs to wake up, so I can make their bacon butties. Their mum is collecting them for school about 8.30, so plenty of time yet.

My goodness Bellasnana, that's certainly hot; reminds me of living in the tropics. Suffered through a Cyprus summer when I was pregnant with DD!

Trying all sorts of combinations and numbers of pillows at the moment as I keep waking up with a really stiff neck, and have to take a couple of paracetamol when I get up. It wears off during the day, but can hardly turn my head when I get up.

Sainsbury's delivery this morning, and back to Silver Swans ballet this afternoon; not been able to get there for a number of reasons since May, so hope it's nice and gentle!

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Beechnut Thu 11-Jul-19 07:06:17

Good Morning everyone.
Cloudy with a bright patch out the front and cloudy with blue sky at the back of the house on Severnside.
A cleaning and tidying this morning and then some errands.

Enjoy your tennis day lins and hope everyone else has a good day ?

gillybob Thu 11-Jul-19 07:15:01

Good morning from a grey and damp NE coast where we have woken up to heavy rain.

Oh to have just a few degrees of your sunshine Bellasnana.

The breakfast cafe is now open for business with hungry mouths to feed before very busy days. DGD2 is very nervous as she has her first transition day at her new secondary school today and doesn’t know anyone and DGS is excited as he has a school trip . Luckily it’s an inside venue or it would be a complete wash out.

Thankfully my car sailed through her MOT yesterday so that was good news. She works very hard for her keep and I can’t afgord to have her off the road as too many people rely on her.

Anyway its school runs, “that place” and then more of the same today . Getting towards the end of another very hectic week.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

Marydoll Thu 11-Jul-19 07:15:11

Good morning from a wet and miserable Glasgow, which matches my mood.

My beloved BIL died early yesterday morning during his dialysis treatment, we are absolutely heartbroken.
For over forty years, he has fought so hard against his chronic illnesses, without a complaint. My children and granddaughter adored him. He is at peace now.
I didn't even get to say my goodbyes, as when I took the early morning call to take my sister in law to the hospital , I was having an angina attack and had to tell my husband not to wait for me. I have followed that blue light ambulance so many times in the past , yet wasn't there at the end.?

Now I'm not superstitious or into spirits etc, but a strange thing happened early yesterday morning.
My three year old granddaughter went into her parents room to tell them that a twinkle star had come down from the sky and got into bed and cuddled her. Normally, I would have said she was dreaming, but this was about the time my BIL died and my son didn't know at that time that his favourite uncle had died. My BIL absolutely adored her and totally spoiled her. My sister in law took such comfort from this, despite being a very down to earth and "no nonsense" person.

Sorry for putting a damper on the thread, but life goes on and I love hearing about all you lucky grans who are basking in the sunshine.

Bellasnana, as a frequent visitor to Malta, I can empathise with you. I remember stepping out of the door and being hit by an unbearable wall of heat. unable to go anywhere.

Have a good day all, whatever your plans.

Sar53 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:20:31

Good morning everyone from a dull, grey Essex by the sea. It's forcast to be sunny later. I'm off for a bit of retail therapy later not that I really need anything but it's good to peruse the sales.
Probably watch Wimbledon this afternoon but I prefer the men to the women. Not a big fan of Serena but I did enjoy her playing doubles with Andy, very entertaining.
Have a good day everyone.

Bellasnana Thu 11-Jul-19 07:22:18

Marydoll, heartfelt condolences on your sad loss, but how lovely that your little DGD had that experience. I do believe it is more than coincidence.flowers

Sar53 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:24:37

Marydoll so sorry to hear the news about your BIL, my thoughts are with you and your family flowers x

ninathenana Thu 11-Jul-19 07:25:33

Morning everyone.

My corner of Kent is grey too silverlining it was very muggy yesterday and I think today will be the same.
Eye clinic again today. DD has to drive me due to my needing drops for the examination.
DH will spend the morning pottering in the garage/workshop.
Have a good day everyone..

Brunette10 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:31:23

Good Morning to all from a yet again damp Fife. You would not think it was July. Wish we had some heat from Malta, although I do have to say it's quite muggy here. My heart goes out to you Marydoll and thinking of your days ahead. Have some shopping to do today and that's it for me.

Harris27 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:38:35

Aw Mary doll that was so touching X similar thing happened to me the day I gave birth to my youngest son their was a stream of gorgeous light came through the window nearly twinkling and the midwife said " he's going to be a lucky boy someone's watching over him " it was. A dark dismal November day ! my brother had just died at 37 in a accident at work. Fanciable? Perhaps but I've had similar things happen. Have a lovely day all x

kittylester Thu 11-Jul-19 07:39:01

Sending gentle hugs, marydoll. flowers

vena11 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:39:14

Morning all, So sorry to hear your news Marydoll x

Sprout Thu 11-Jul-19 07:45:16

Morning Mick and all. Dull and gloomy here in Kent let's hope it picks up. Nails and clothes shopping today with my best friend lunch and lots of laughter. Hope everyone ok and if you are feeling down I hope you pick up very soon.

Ginny42 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:47:22

Good morningMick and everyone. After some overnight rain the sky is blue and it's bright sunshine in Cheshire.

Painting group this morning. Taking my GS along for an art lesson from one of the members who has a particular technique.

Watched the moon landing documentary last night as my DD was born on the day Armstrong set foot on the Moon, so we had a special interest in showing my GS the lead up to the historic day. The nurses were telling me as I was in labour, 'A man's walked on the moon!' I remember thinking, Where do you think I've been on for the past 24 hours?

Have a good day all whatever you may be planning. Anyone who is sad or not well, hope the day is kind to you.

Grammaretto Thu 11-Jul-19 07:49:52

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's dry so far and about 16 degrees. I have an American cousin staying and she told me it's 94 back home so exactly double?
We know what we are talking about. ?
DH's birthday so we'll go out tonight.
Our DGC came to help us yesterday as they are on school holidays.
Hope your days go well.

cornergran Thu 11-Jul-19 07:51:45

Morning Mick, morning All. I’m so sorry marydoll, your brother in law will be very much missed. Sending a hug. It’s bright although cloudy in our corner of Somerset. Friends coming for the day so a busy one ahead. Hope Thursday is gentle with everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 11-Jul-19 07:59:58

Good Morning from a sunny Black Country!

Sincere condolences to you and your family Marydoll flowers

gillybob my DGD2 had her induction day for her new Secondary last week. As they moved to a new village in February she too knows no-one as she has still kept going to her usual Primary school as it is only a 20 minute drive away. She met a girl who lives in the same village and will be travelling on the school bus with her. So she is very happy. Hoping your DGD will enjoy her day and make new friends too. We worry about our children don't we? Then it continues with the grandchildren grin

Making a chilli for tonight, potter around the house, the pick up 2 DGD's from school as their Dad is not well. Man flu apparently!

Enjoy your day everyone.

dragonfly46 Thu 11-Jul-19 08:00:53

Good Morning everyone. Marydoll I am so sorry to hear about your BiL. flowers