Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Fri 12-Jul-19 06:14:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a sunny start here in Brackley but we had some rain in the night.
Usual shop ,and then it will be couch potato day with Tour De France.
Mick

Marydoll Fri 12-Jul-19 06:20:54

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Not quite sure what the weather is going to be.

Thank you all for all your comforting words yesterday.

Not sure what is happening today, but whatever you are doing, have a pleasant day.

Beechnut Fri 12-Jul-19 06:29:29

Sending you condolences Marydoll on your sad news.

Good Morning everyone.
A bright start to the day on Severnside.
It’s Friday my shopping day and gillybobs favourite.
I bought a new gardening magazine yesterday so I might sit in the sunshine and have a look at it this afternoon.

Have a lovely day whatever you do ?

Bellasnana Fri 12-Jul-19 06:31:16

Good morning Mick, Marydoll, and everyone.

It is still very hot and sticky here in Malta. I woke up to find a flood in the living room caused by a leaky 18litre bottle of water, which was delivered yesterday for the water dispenser. What a mess.

Have a hair appointment followed by GP appointment, then shall be on tenterhooks watching the men’s semi-finals. I want Rafa to win!

Thinking of all of you who are dealing with sorrows, illness, worries of whatever nature. I have a few of those myself, so can empathise.

Take care, all, and I hope your day goes as well as possible.sunshine

Sprout Fri 12-Jul-19 06:33:10

Morning Mick and all. Well like millions of people only couple of hours sleep. Just been doing a bit of weeding and quietly tidying up in the garden. Dry here in Kent see what the day brings. Having a cuppa in the conservatory and for once I am up before the dogs. Have a good day everyone.

Ginny42 Fri 12-Jul-19 06:39:20

Good morning Mick, Marydoll and all who follow. I was up with the lark this morning. My sister is hosting a family party today for my DD and GS, as she has the room to accommodate everyone, so I've been baking and now I'm back in bed with a cuppa.

Enjoy the Tour Mick. Sorry you're having such a sad time Marydoll. Hope you are taking care of yourself.

Have a good day everyone.

Pantglas1 Fri 12-Jul-19 06:54:00

A little overcast here in Spain but still warm, perhaps it’ll brighten up later as we’re off to the municipal pool. I hope everyone has something good planned for the start of the weekend.

NanKate Fri 12-Jul-19 06:54:53

Morning Mick and All.

Another sunny day in West Sussex. Last day of looking after the boys. Organising everything they need to take to school each day is quite a task.

Thinking of you Mary not an easy time for you. You enjoy baking perhaps that would distract your mind from your sadness.

Bella I too will be cheering on Rafa but I think it will be tight. I suspect Djokovic will smash Bautista Agut who I saw recently at a small Tennis Tournament. I’m surprised he has got this far.

kittylester Fri 12-Jul-19 07:01:53

Morning all from a warm and sunny North Leicestershire.

Sainsbury"s, butchers and pedicure for me today.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Peonyrose Fri 12-Jul-19 07:16:49

Good morning, new here but you seem a jolly lot? Very humid today so I will do a few jobs and catch up with paperwork, then watch the tennis.
Sorry for those if you having a bad time and hope things improve for you.

Greyduster Fri 12-Jul-19 07:26:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be a warm one in South Yorkshire. I am off to York today so I hope it won’t be too warm on the train. DH is having a garage tidying day hmm! Have a good day whatever you good folks are doing.

NannyJan53 Fri 12-Jul-19 07:27:28

Good Morning from a dull and damp Black Country, but still quite warm

Welcome Peonyrose I am sure you will enjoy this good morning thread and GN, we are all very friendly here.

This week has sped by so quickly, our holiday already seems a distant memory!

Driving over to near Lichfield today, as my son is moving into a flat (marriage split sad ) So I am taking him a few things, like our old Microwave, TV etc.

I hope your DGD had a good day at her new school gillybob

Thinking of Marydoll and her family today.

Grammaretto Fri 12-Jul-19 07:27:36

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Overcast but not cold. DS is taking us out to lunch for his dad's birthday.
Welcome Peonyrose . Where are you?
Hope to catch some tennis later.

MawBroonsback Fri 12-Jul-19 07:39:28

Good morning all from sunny N Bucks!
After a chilled day doing little more than watching the tennis yesterday, I am stirring my stumps today and heading down to London to see the Leonardo drawings at the Queens Gallery with my sister in law, nephew and his Swiss girlfriend.
Then I might toddle over to Walthamstow to see a certain baby grandson.smile
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Lins1066 Fri 12-Jul-19 07:44:33

Good Morning, still in Guildford which is cloudy, will head home later this morning.
The Ladies' semi finals were excellent yesterday, we had a wonderful day, Pimms and strawberries too.

Welcome Peonyrose.

cornergran Fri 12-Jul-19 07:47:16

Morning Mick, morning All from our sunny corner of Somerset after a little welcome overnight rain. Need to do some telephone chasing this morning before acupuncture at the physio department this afternoon. I’m sorry for your family’s situation nannyjan and understand the sadness. Hello peonyrose, welcome. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Fri 12-Jul-19 07:49:02

Morning all.

A very muggy night in Kent. We were forecast showers but although it's cloudy nothing yet.
Usual Friday food shop but also going to buy paint for the lounge diner. Changing from teal feature walls to ochre.

BlueSapphire Fri 12-Jul-19 07:55:34

Good morning all from a sunny Northampton, looks quite breezy out. Woken up with a very stiff neck again after trying yet a different combination/number of pillows. I know if will wear off during the morning, but this first hour it is really painful. Seeing the doctor next week, so will ask about it.

So sorry to hear about your BIL, Marydoll; sending condolences.

Silver Swans ballet was a good workout yesterday, for the brain as well as the body! She teaches us a few different steps then puts them into a sequence, and then trying to co-ordinate the arm movements with the steps is another mountain to climb! However, it is good fun. Then had a walk around with a friend planning short health walks for people unable to manage the regular hour-long ones.

Popping down to M&S food and Sainsbury's this morning, will have a coffee and do a top up shop. Then this afternoon the school run to collect DGDs for tea.

Hoping everyone's day goes well.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 12-Jul-19 07:58:31

Good morning from East London, bright with a bit of cloud here and warm. I would say quiet day today but builders are digging up the basement floor. Really felt for them yesterday lugging the sacks of rubble up the steps. Great excuse to hide away and watch Nadal v Federer. Hope you have a good day

gillybob Fri 12-Jul-19 07:59:59

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start but rain expected later on.....what’s new?

Well the shutters will be coming down on the breakfast cafe in a few minutes after a very busy week and will repopen again on Tuesday morning bright and early... orders have already taken in advance (subject to availability of course) grin

DGD2 had a fantastic day at her new secondary school yesterday NannyJan and it seems she has made some new friends already which is a brilliant start. She was so excited when I picked her up having had taster lessons in Science, PE, English together with something called “Be” which was a class discussion. Basically all around how the school expect their pupils to behave and done in a really nice way....Be kind, be helpful, be thoughtful, be.......etc. Of course her little brother couldn’t resist.....Be horrible, be naughty, be loud...... little brothers eh? He was as high as a kite as he’d had a lovely school trip and lots of (usually banned) goodies in his packed lunch .

Second transition day at new school for DGD2 then off to the primary then “that place” for a wonderfully fantastic HALF DAY ....yippeeeee. I do love Friday afternoons as I have the whole weekend ahead of me although no rest for the wicked as I will be seeing to my dad, taking him for his shopping etc.

Welcome to Gransnet and the friendly Good morning thread Peonyrose smile

I hope everyone has a good Friday x

Auntieflo Fri 12-Jul-19 08:05:03

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all. Another sunny day here in Berks, but with a breeze stirring the blinds, as I sit here, in bed, with a cup of tea, courtesy of DH.
Last night started off with the fan going , but woke later to find DH had switched it off.
Blood test later on, then shall go shopping. I have made a list, but won't stick to it smile.
Tomorrow we are going to our DD's for a BBQ. They host one every year for their church, and it's lovely to catch up with friends we have made over the years.
Marydoll {{{hugs}}}, and NannyJan53, best wishes for the help with the moving of your son.
Gillybob, yeah, it's Friday, enjoy.
Have a good day one and all.

Sprout Fri 12-Jul-19 08:11:35

Welcome Peonyrose everyone is lovely you will enjoy the thread.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:18:40

Morning all from a bright South Notts.
Can't make up my mind whether to get the bus to town for a little shopping or just chill out at home. I'm so indecisive.
Hope all is well with everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 12-Jul-19 08:24:55

Good Morning All x
More like winter here. Windy, grey sky and cool/cold. This is the penalty for living near the sea.

Not much on the agenda so far, but each day has its surprises so never boring. I'll probably do some baking----jam tarts to use some jam up from a couple of weeks ago or it gets thrown out. I fancy tastes of things then wing it in the bin------I'll never change !

Hope everyone has a decent day.

Nannytopsy Fri 12-Jul-19 08:25:16

Morning all! Cloudy but bright in Leicester and I am just slightly beginning to panic about moving house. What if the solicitor DOES manage the end of July?!! Still lots to do. Aaagh!
Have a good day everyone x