Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Jul-19 06:10:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear with some high cloud this morning in Brackley .
Another warm awaits , my usual day out to cafes in Bicester first, returning to Buckingham using the buses , coffees in both but will have sarny lunch , before coming back to watch the TdF on Eurosport , then a chinses later.
Mick

Greyduster Sat 13-Jul-19 06:23:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. This really is too early for me but I have been awake for a couple of hours. It is grey and muggy in South Yorkshire and I think it may be in for the day. We are at DD’s this afternoon and then will take her and GS out for an evening meal which we are looking forward to. I envy you your Chinese, Mick. I never get to eat it these days, but I did have a very nice Polish lunch yesterday! Have a good day, folks.

Ginny42 Sat 13-Jul-19 06:33:14

Good morning Mick Greyduster (curious name!) and everyone. Where did that week go? High cloud here in Cheshire. A bit of blue sky, but not enough to make an elephant a pair of trousers, as my gran used to say.

Starting to pack today for hols next week. Usual dithering about what to pack. Which shoes will allow me to walk around a city all day and still feel my feet by evening?

Lovely family party at my sister's yesterday for my DD and GS and came home with enough food not to have to cook till tonight.

Enjoy your day whatever you have planned and if you've been feeling unwell, take care of yourself and have a better day today.

Bellasnana Sat 13-Jul-19 06:34:22

Good morning Mick, and everyone, from a very hot Malta.

I have almost recovered from the disappointment of Rafa losing, but Federer deserved to win and I hope (but doubt) he will win the final.

Meeting a friend for coffee this morning before she goes off to visit her husband in hospital. He has been in for 8 weeks suffering from a bad case of COPD. The doctors say he cannot come home, so my poor friend is wearing herself out going back and forth, twice a day, not eating properly and in limbo until a care home can be found who will take him with his severe condition.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing.sunshine

kittylester Sat 13-Jul-19 06:36:36

Morning mick, gd and all.

It is overcast in North Leicestershire but still warmish!

Making salads for a family barbecue tomorrow and also ironing so we have something to wear to said barbecue grin

Greyduster Sat 13-Jul-19 06:45:35

ginny it is the name of my favourite fishing fly! Killer!

Beechnut Sat 13-Jul-19 06:45:57

Good Morning everyone and welcome to the all the new people.
Warm and cloudy on Severnside.
I had a lovely day yesterday and also arranged a workshop.
I will finish my craft project today and maybe start another.

I hope you all have a great day ?

Grammaretto Sat 13-Jul-19 06:53:04

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A dull start but if anything like yesterday it wil be very warm later.
I'll be baking and preparing for a 4 generations lunch party here.
My house is not toddlerproof so it's a worry yet her mum and uncles survived and there will be plenty of adults to keep an eye on the littlies.
Hope you all have a good day.

NanKate Sat 13-Jul-19 06:53:07

Morning Mick and All.

Another warm day in Sussex. We return today after our GP duties. Lots of laughs along the way especially when our eldest 8 year old said to his dad Nanny and Gdad don’t do much whilst they are here ?. We reminded him DH had mowed the lawn, cut the bushes back, played with both boys after school and sorted them for bed and I had done all the cooking, washing, taking the boys backwards and forwards to school - I could go on but I won’t. We will remind him of this comment in time to come.

Bella what a match. I thought at times our lad was coming back but I have to admit RF was in great form.

Enjoy your BBQ Kitty.

cornergran Sat 13-Jul-19 06:53:26

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast, muggy corner of Somerset. Family bbq to travel to later, had the invitation yesterday, these are not folk known for forward planning smile. Ironing first though, sort of wish I’d done it yesterday. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Sprout Sat 13-Jul-19 06:54:27

Morning Mick and all. Nice morning here in Kent. Out to friends BBQ today who live by the sea looking forward to that and meeting new people. Staying over for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day and those feeling poorly keep your chin up.

tanith Sat 13-Jul-19 07:03:13

Morning folks just putting my two pennyworth in. It’s a lovely start to Saturday here in Northolt blue skies and warm sun. My son is 43 today, don’t know how that happened? I shan’t see him as he flew home to Gibraltar yesterday. No plans for me I’ll walk down and get the paper and have brekkie in the garden in a bit and watch the ladies final this afternoon.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Lins1066 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:03:47

Good Morning from a cloudy S Welsh coast, though sun is forecast later.
We are back home after a few days in Surrey and visit to the tennis at Wimbledon on Thursday.
A quiet weekend is planned.
Enjoy the cycling Mick, hopefully Geraint Thomas will do well again.
Hope everyone enjoys their day whatever is planned ( or not )

Hal49 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:04:58

Morning Mick and All from a very muggy and overcast Mid Wales, let’s hope it will brighten up later.

Sounds like everyone’s going to have a busy day with BBQs and entertaining.

I’m about to start clearing a bit more of my garden (wilderness lol ?) followed by a trip to the local supermarket for my weekly shop - so nothing too exciting on the cards for today!

Have a great day everyone ?

Nannytopsy Sat 13-Jul-19 07:06:12

Morning all from Leicester. A power cut set off our neighbour’s burglar alarm at 3 am and it rang for an hour so I am not at my best today! Shopping, charity shop and tip I think, then gardening. Plus tennis of course!
I hope everyone has a good day.

GabriellaG54 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:30:28

Hi-di-hi everyone ??? from a very warm, sunny, clear blue-skied Godalming.
15° rising to 23° later and I have already had my run sans buddy (who has taken family away for weekend but reminded me to get up early ?)
Woke at 5am and went out at 5.15 through some fields and along the tow-path. One or two people about and when my 90 mins was done I sauntered along to Biggie Best, a 'lifestyle' shop on the High St to see what was new.
Coffee, warm croissant and chat with a boat friend on way back, now decided to hie down to Brighton today, meet friends and have a proper fish n chip lunch cum dinner later.
I hate traipsing around with loads of bags so just a Roka backpack and minimal clothing plus hat n sunscreen.
I hope everyone has a very happy weekend as most of you (unlike me) work your socks off with GP 'duties' during the week and deserve a break.
??? + ☀️☀️☀️ and flowers to those not feeling too good.

Pantglas1 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:41:19

Morning all from sunny Spain- nothing planned today but out to friends for paella this evening and a paddle in their plunge pool! Have a good day Amigas.

GabriellaG54 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:44:09

My day...grin

Marydoll Sat 13-Jul-19 08:09:22

Good morning from a cloudy Glasgow, hopefully it will clear up later.

A pottering about day for me, hopefully some of it spent in the garden. I have already prepared tonight's dinner and mad a pot of chicken soup, so that leaves me free to chill!
However, knowing me, that isn't likely to happen. grin

Have a good day, folks!

Marydoll Sat 13-Jul-19 08:10:23

Gabriella, stop teasing!!!!!

Sweetpea60 Sat 13-Jul-19 08:10:45

Morning all happy saturday from sunny docklands . Spending the day on our allotment enjoying the sun then finishing with a drink at our local .

MawBroonsback Sat 13-Jul-19 08:20:22

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is sunny but fresher.
Wiped out by yesterday in London which seemed especially heaving with tourists- I enjoyed the Leonardo drawings at the Queens Gallery, then a late lunch with sister in law, nephew and his lovely Swiss girlfriend. Then over to E17 to meet up with youngest D and baby DGS , back to theirs, then an Uber to middle D’s house where Flynn had just had his bath and was totally recharged with energy just before bedtime! Supper with her and the 10 ish train back from Euston and home just before 11.
I am not planning to do anything other than pop out for milk and watch the Women’s Tennis Final - also with my feet up!
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

ninathenana Sat 13-Jul-19 08:21:01

Morning everyone.

A grey start in Kent, yesterdays showers didn't appear. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw rain.
We bought the paint yesterday, just need to decide if we decorate before the GC come for 2 wks or after.
Enjoy whatever your doing today.

Auntieflo Sat 13-Jul-19 08:24:16

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all.
Another couple here who are off to a BBQ this afternoon. Coffee first though with our usual group of friends in town.
Our neighbour, who has recently lost her husband, has asked me to bring her a paper, so I mustn't forget, as we don't buy a paper any more.
Gabriella, sounds as though your shop opens very early!
Have a good weekend one and all.

Brunette10 Sat 13-Jul-19 08:26:17

Good Morning to all from Fife. It's brightish out at the moment but I believe it may brighten up more later, it's not going to be cold though so that will do me. Having a day at home today and just pottering about like you Marydoll but I won't be in the garden, DH's domain smile. I have plenty to keep me occupied. Will have to get some flowers for friends wedding anniversary and meeting tomorrow for breakfast. Hope everyone has a good day. For those feeling under the weather take care.