Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jul-19 06:10:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, a quiet day for me.
Potter about ,and watch the cycling on TV .
Mick

Bellasnana Mon 15-Jul-19 06:24:07

Good morning Mick and everyone. The weather report from here in Malta is as usual, it is summer so it’s hot!

Haven’t planned the day yet, but some shopping is in order since I’ve run out of essentials.

Still smarting over Federer’s defeat after such an epic match, and I shall have withdrawal symptoms now there is no tennis to watch.

Hope everyone has a good day.sunshine

Beechnut Mon 15-Jul-19 06:29:56

Good Morning Mick, Bellasnana and all who follow.
Sunny on Severnside.
DD is coming today to pick up some plants and have a natter. Nothing else planned.

I hope you all have a good day ?

kittylester Mon 15-Jul-19 06:38:06

Morning all.

It's cloudy and not very warm yet in North Leics. Lunch with ex volunteering friends and bed changing for me today.

Great day yesterday. Barbeque at DD1's house and then the cricket! What a match.

nonnasusie Mon 15-Jul-19 06:40:53

Buongiorno from a cooler and cloudy Italy. I'm glad it's not so hot today as we have a funeral to go to this morning. An old school friend of Hs died on Saturday and his funeral is today! They don't hang about here! Both my mil and a friends mother died recently in England and it was nearly a month until the funeral. One extreme to the other!
On a more cheerful note enjoy your day whatever your plans.

ninathenana Mon 15-Jul-19 07:05:15

Morning everyone.

Overcast in Kent, I hope the sun appears sooner than it did yesterday when it showed it's face at 6 p.m.
A bit of cleaning and some admin after I've eaten DH's cooked breakfast.
Have a good day, everyone.

Lins1066 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:12:26

Good Morning from a muggy S Welsh coast.
Lovely BBQ yesterday afternoon.

A visit to Sainsbury's this morning, then some ironing - it was too hot to do it yesterday.
Enjoy the cycling Mick, have a pleasant day all.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jul-19 07:16:00

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny South Manchester. Commuters are arriving at the railway station across the road and for the 7:20am train into the city centre - only 4 stops and 15 minutes. I ought to go in myself more often (to mooch around, not work!).

No plans for me today. Husband has a dental checkup this afternoon.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

NanKate Mon 15-Jul-19 07:16:23

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and overcast here in South Bucks.

Off to Keep Fit this morning haven’t been for a few weeks as been too busy.

Bella what a match ??, I too hoped RF would win now that RN was out. I don’t know if you can access TennisTv in your part of the world. I have downloaded it onto my IPad and it costs about £80 for a year and I can access matches all around the world it’s great.

Have a good week folks.

Grammaretto Mon 15-Jul-19 07:24:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Quite hazy . Could be the haar so hope it burns off.
I am very tired after a week of birthday celebrations and entertaining. The tennis was far too emotional yesterday grinwink
I'm interviewing a potential volunteer later to help on our community projects.
Otherwise just catching up with chores.

NannyJan53 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:25:07

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning, as I haven't been for a few weeks, what with holidays and other appointments. Time to repair the holiday damage smile

Hoping to visit my Aunt (Mums sister in Hospital this afternoon) just waiting to get the ok to go,

Wishing you all a very good Monday.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:29:14

Good morning from an overcast northeast of Scotland. I am visiting friends who luckily were as keen to see the tennis as I was. We were all wrung out by the finish. What sportsmanship both physically and in behaviour. treating friends to lunch at a garden centre and will enjoy a lot of chatting and browsing. Have a good week everyone.

gillybob Mon 15-Jul-19 07:33:52

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a sunny start to the day, with sun and light cloud forecast all day. Well it would be , it’s Monday isn’t it ?

I’ve had niggling toothache for much of the night and I’m worried that it’s a crowned tooth under a bridge right at the front. I’m bloomin’ ugly enough without walking around toothless as well. Hoping the dentist can fit me in around the school runs or I’m not sure what I will do.

Anyway off to “that place” in about 45 minutes then school run and overnight with the older DGC .

Have a good Monday everyone x

Hal49 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:34:31

Morning all from sunny Mid Wales.

Looking forward to having my young DGD for the day and DGS after school pick up.

I was awake at silly o’clock this morning so all cleaning and washing done. Just having a coffee and toast before pegging washing on the line and eagerly awaiting my DGD to arrive.

She will no doubt keep me busy and thoroughly entertained as always.

Have a great day everyone ?

Resurgam123 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:39:43

Good Morning All. There is real sunshine here in Cheshire this morning. For the last few days it has been cloudy until late afternoon. I have a pre op for a cataract today. But I dont know when it might take place.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:41:15

Morning all from an overcast South Notts.

Off to the vets this afternoon for medicine for puss, apart from that it'll be a quiet day. I really must vacuum the sitting room as it is a thorough disgrace. Dark haired puss sheds loads of fur on pale furnishings - as he's not too well he doesn't groom himself like he used to and he will only tolerate being groomed for short periods which adds to it.

Hope all is well with you all.

Pantglas1 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:42:44

And good morning to all from Espana. ... my beloved grandson is having an op today so I’m a bit frazzled that I’m not there to support my daughter- not that I can do anything of course.

Lovely day to you all.

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:47:38

Hi everybody ??
13°, cloudy and still in Godalming rising to 22° about 6pm.
Nearly came a cropper when thoughtless dog owner suddenly let the lead extend as dog tried to snap at our heels and I stumbled. The language I used was not good. ??
Not a lot on today. Brekkie was 2 Activia rhubarb yogurts and a banana plus 2x10oz glasses of water and 10 walnut halves.
I'm you g to finish reading my book (Return to the Olive Farm) then visit a friend for tea and scone this afternoon.
I hope you're all rarin' to go this week after an idle weekend ? but for those ladies of leisure or anyone not feeling 100%, I picked these especially for you. ?????? Enjoy...?

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 07:48:46

you g going

Pittcity Mon 15-Jul-19 07:49:02

Good morning from a grey but dry Colchester. A warm but overcast day forecast here.
Walking Netball this morning and watching netball on TV later.

cornergran Mon 15-Jul-19 07:49:57

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny and already warm corner of Somerset. Off to meet a GN friend for coffee and lunch today then I think a walk on the beach. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 15-Jul-19 07:53:37

Good morning from east London, cloudy and cooler here. The choir gig yesterday was fantastic, it all seemed to go right and with the excitement of the tennis and cricket that followed I’m feeling slightly drained today. Builders due soon, paint colours to confirm (big moan) then ‘quiet’ until school pickup and the last ladies tennis league match tonight. Have a good day.

Brunette10 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:00:03

Good Morning to all from a bright Fife and to hopefully get brighter. Recovering from an epic tennis match yesterday but so disappointed that Roger didn't win. However todays another day, not much planned but no doubt the day will just fly past as usual. Hope all is well and you al have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jul-19 08:00:28

Good morning all from a cloudy and muggy Glasgow.

A busy day today, getting all the clothes ready for the funeral on Wednesday, as we will have our wee granddaughter tomorrow, I also have a medical appointment and my BIL's body will be taken into church tomorrow night. It's all go in the Marydoll household!

We will need to go into town, as DH has now realised he has only one suitable white shirt (despite me nagging him to try them on) and needs one for tomorrow evening and then Wednesday morning. I have turned into my MIL (heaven forbid!), organising black ties etc for everyone and a full funeral outfit for my tomboy daughter! grin

We spent a lovely afternoon yesterday reminiscing about my BIL with my sister in law, her son and his partner, who came to us to get out for a wee while. My BIL was a gentle, big giant, loved by all. ? Thank goodness, we are the same size!

Enjoy your day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jul-19 08:02:20

OOPS! I'm not the same size as my BIL! MY daughter is the same size as me! I'm a bit frazzled, as you can see. grin