Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Jul-19 06:16:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, my usual day of going to Bicester and Buckingham.
because of bus situ I have to go to Buckingham first where I await for an X5 to Bicester just around 1115, getting to Bicester , I go and have a bacon bap and coffee , before I do other things like a Sainsburys , I then comeback on a less direct bus back to Buckingham , taking in some of the villages to the south of those two towns.
Getting to Buckingham , I go for s coffee , its just under 2 hours for my bus home , but I find the town relaxing if its a dry warm day.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 16-Jul-19 06:32:59

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.
A bright and warm start this morning.
I’m off swimming in a short while and then back home to do some work.
I had a lovely few hours with DD when she came yesterday.
She always gives me something to laugh about which I needed yesterday.
Enjoy your bus touring Mick and hope everyone else has a good time today ?

Greyduster Tue 16-Jul-19 06:36:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. An early one for me. Been up half the night, but the sun is shining in South Yorkshire and it promises to be a good day. I have laundry and ironing to do and then school run this afternoon, but before then, we are going to call in the garden centre. Mick your bacon bap sounds like it might make your journey worthwhile! Have a good day, all!

Bellasnana Tue 16-Jul-19 06:50:26

Good morning all. It looks a bit cloudy today in Malta and there is a lovely breeze. Long may it last!

I have a friend staying for ten days, so we might go to Valletta this morning. I find it a bit stressful having to entertain people, if I’m honest. Being on my own for four years I have become so lazy.blush

Sorry you’ve had another sleepless night, Greyduster. I had three years of that so I know how frustrating and wearing it is.flowers

Wishing everyone a good day, whatever you are up to.
Enjoy your day out, Mick. sunshine

kittylester Tue 16-Jul-19 06:53:00

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is bright and warmish already.

Into Leicester this morning as its DH's birthday in a couple of weeks - suggestions for presents very welcome.

I quite fancy a bus ride with a bacon nap thrown in, too.

NanKate Tue 16-Jul-19 06:53:24

Morning Mick and All.

Nice day weather wise here in South Bucks.

Your journeys Mick remind me of Anneke Rice when she used to zoom around the countryside in a helicopter. Can’t remember the name of the programme.

Trying to catch up with my homework for an online course I am doing recommended by another GN member.

NanKate Tue 16-Jul-19 06:54:29

That sounds tasty Kitty make it two bacon naps ?

Bellasnana Tue 16-Jul-19 06:56:54

NanKate, wasn’t it called Treasure Hunt, or something similar? We used to enjoy watching it and they did an episode in Malta as well.

BlueSapphire Tue 16-Jul-19 07:00:14

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Northampton.

Coffee morning for me, with neighbours and ex-neighbours; it's good to get together. J, who we are going to this morning, makes particularly good cakes, yum yum! Then doctor's this afternoon.

Dentist not as bad as I feared yesterday, fillings were completely painless, but was frozen up till mid-afternoon.

Have a nice day everyone.

NanKate Tue 16-Jul-19 07:00:36

That’s it Bella thanks for reminding me.

Marydoll Tue 16-Jul-19 07:04:16

Good morning all from a cloudy, but muggy Glasgow.

I've been up since the crack of dawn, as we have a full on day today.
We have our wee grandaughter all day, I have yet another appointment for bloods etc and my BIL's body will be taken into church tonight.
We will need to meet DS and DIL at church with her, as they cannot get away from work early. This means we will need to bath her and change her before we go, as well as getting ourselves spruced up. I'm getting quite stressed thinking about it all.
Everyone is coming back to us afterwards, as my sister in law doesn't want to go back to her own house. Whew!!!

However, as usual, I will find the strength to do it all......somehow! grin

Bellasnana, we always loved our trips to Valletta, we used to hire a car and drive around the grand harbour. The War Rooms are so interesting, I always enjoyed that aspect of our visit.
Is the Green Umbrellas cafe still there, that was always our meeting point?

Mick, I would like that day out you are having. Do you chat to people on the bus? I would! grin

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans. I'm off to make DGD's pancakes for breakfast. World War 3 will break out, if she doesn't smell them on her arrival.

Lins1066 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:25:55

Good Morning from a warm and sunny S Welsh coast.
Busy day yesterday so will hopefully take it easier today.
Your day sounds good Mick, did you enjoy the cycling yesterday?
I haven't been on public transport for ages but on the train last week I had a good chat to a woman next to me, and to another lady on the bus to Wimbledon from the station. I like to chat too Marydoll, what a busy day you have in prospect.
Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Tue 16-Jul-19 07:29:45

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dry so far. We did lots of garden work yesterday and I could have done with a bacon nap. Maybe not bacon but a veggie alternative.
Today more chores and my cousin will come for supper.
Sorry you are still having blood tests Marydoll you'd think they'd have enough by now!
Good luck to you all for today.

NannyJan53 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:36:01

Good Morning from a sunny Black Country.

DGD's end of school play today, so off to see that this afternoon with Mum.

Phone chat this morning with my friend who moved to Lincs almost 2 years ago. How I miss our regular coffee/lunch meets.

NanKate wasn't that programme called 'Challenge Anneke'?

Sounds like a busy day Marydoll I feel exhausted reading about it! Take care of yourself too though.

Men are notoriously difficult to buy for kitty . My other half always says 'there is nothing I need'! So I now tend to book a theatre trip combined with a weekend away somewhere like York, Oxford, Bristol etc. That way I get a treat as well smile

Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Jul-19 07:41:20

Good morning everyone from a muggy South Manchester. We might go over to the Trafford Centre later this morning but quite probably, not. I have to really be in the mood for buying clothes, even though the Trafford Centre is only ten minutes away.

We are taking our grandson to his swimming lesson this evening - the last one until after the summer.

It’s his 7th birthday tomorrow kittylester I cannot believe he goes into junior school in September. We have bought him some ‘Harry Potter’ Lego and a couple of books from the smashing independent bookshop and cafe on our road.

Enjoy your busy day Mick I hope the buses are straightforward today. Marydoll please find time somewhere today for quiet reflection and a bit of ‘time out’. You are not superwoman and you’ve been really poorly. Lower the bar a bit and be kind to yourself.
?

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

cornergran Tue 16-Jul-19 07:41:36

Morning Mick, owning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Busy one ahead. Ironing while it’s fairly cool, some cleaning then off after lunch to see one of ours perform in a school production in what will be a very hot hall. We’ll hang around for half an hour afterwards, take her home and wait with her until her Mum gets back from work. Then I suspect we’ll collapse in a heap. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Jul-19 07:44:06

Oops kitty I read you post as being your grandson not husband! Maybe he’d like HP Lego though and a couple of books?
??

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:49:50

Good morning everyone ??
It's a sunny 14° here in Godalming with temp set to rapidly climb to 24° by 2-3pm and stay over 21° till 9pm.
Clear blue sky and I watered plants and we started my run at 05.40 before air gets stuffy.
I've downloaded a weight chart app which automatically calculates my BF, BMI and how many calories I should be using each day. I don't have a target as I just want to maintain my weight and increase muscle mass.
I think it's a Guildford Lido day ☀️☀️?‍♀️ so I'll prepare a tuna (tinned) salad with farfalle pasta, basil pesto and vine cherry tomatoes + a yogurt and water.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable day and those who can't venture far can at least sit in the garden and relax.
??? to all. smile

gillybob Tue 16-Jul-19 07:55:16

Good morning from the NE coast where it is bright and sunny . I’m not at “that place” today as I have had all 4 children overnight including little Evie who I have until 7pm tonight when her mummy gets in from work . My DD doesn’t drive so I will deliver her home . The school runs are very stressful ( not to say cramped) with all four and it’s an almost hour and a half round trip which I hate doing with the baby . Can’t be helped . Then the same at tea time, it’s a good job she’s a placid baby.

As Urmstongran said you need to take it easy Marydoll and look after yourself too.

Running out of time after my ramblings .
Have a good Tuesday everyone x

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:58:03

Marydoll
Just read your post. I've no idea where you get your energy but kudos to you.
I hope your family appreciate all you do despite the many knocks and pressures you endure.
There are others, gillybob and saggi among many who swim against the tide but get to shore in the end.
Respect to all.

ninathenana Tue 16-Jul-19 08:06:48

Morning all.
A bright start in Kent, we haven't seen much sun for a couple of days though it has been warm.
It's Tuesday so that must mean a trip to Tesco.whilst DH does his gardening jobs. Then home to watch Red Rock.
Have a good day everyone.

vena11 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:09:42

Good morning all from Bristol, another beautiful day here. Have had a lovely few days with my daughter staying with the wee one, he is only one years old and just smiles all the time they just melt your heart every time. House so quite now they have gone home. Enjoy everyone where ever you are.

EllanVannin Tue 16-Jul-19 08:18:21

Good Morning All x
Dull and heavy so far and not a breath of air. We're supposed to have sunshine at some point so we'll see.

A trip to Asda later for the usual supply of cat food and for some unknown reason I fancy lemon cheese on toast now and again. Mum made her own and it was delicious, but the " extra special " from Asda is passable.
Birthday and anniversary cards needed as well.

A walk down to the prom later to see the Queen Mary2 cruise ship go by on her way to New York, a lovely calm sail on the Mersey. I watched the 3 Queens a few years back which was lovely to see among the crowds on a very hot day.

Thinking of Marydoll at this time and hope tests can highlight that which can be treated to ease the symptoms.
Hope everyone else has a decent day, inc. Mick and his travels-----well done to him.

Mapleleaf Tue 16-Jul-19 08:19:38

Morning all,
Another lovely day in store for South Yorkshire. I’ve just been sitting in my garden with a cup of tea, enjoying the calm and watching the birds being busy, squabbling, feeding, etc. There’s a wood pigeon nest in my magnolia with a chick in it. I was concerned yesterday as my silly neighbour who backs onto my garden thought it a good idea to prod around the nest with a clothes prop! Think he got a bit of a shock when I said “what do you think you are doing with that prop - stop it”. It was hastily removed!
Not only is it illegal to disturb nesting birds, he was also trespassing onto my property. I was very annoyed with the foolish man. I’ll be keeping an eye out today.
Your trip out sounds nice, Mick, and the bacon roll delicious. Hope you enjoy your day out.
Marydoll, you have a busy day ahead, but, as others say, take some time for yourself, even just 5 minutes.
Hope everyone has a good day. ?

Brunette10 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:33:37

Good Morning from a nice bright and warm Fife, vey late this morning as I tossed and turned the whole night, feel Ive hardly slept at all. Needless to say I'm very tired this morning. Everyone seems to be extremely busy today. We have DD and DGS's coming along today as seemingly DGS1 wants to come to grandma's house. Not sure how true that is smile. Anyway it will be lovely to have them all here despite my tiredness. Thinking about everyone today.