Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Wed 17-Jul-19 06:25:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another warm begins, quit day , small shop, prepare for my weekend away.
As to those who asked as to bus journeys as they are infrequent and rural , once some people start to see you as a regular user they talk to you. Where the X5 is very much a commute coach service between Oxford and Cambridge , get the occasional chat.
mick

Beechnut Wed 17-Jul-19 06:30:50

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.
A bright start to the day on Severnside.
Homework day for me and not sure what else I will do after. Maybe a little gardening as rain is forecast in a few days.

Thinking of you Marydoll today ? and hope everyone has a good day ?

Nannytopsy Wed 17-Jul-19 06:30:53

Good morning Mick! Sleepless here and wondering when you were going to open up. Today is another day of packing, charity shop, tip. So much old stuff here that has accumulated over the years. Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Wed 17-Jul-19 06:31:48

Morning Beechnut! Crossed posts.

Sprout Wed 17-Jul-19 06:37:31

Morning Mick and all. Early today but lovely morning here in Kent. Gabriella thank you for the spelling mistake and yes would not be nice at all I need to check my post before I send it. Quiet day today like Mick I am also preparing for weekend away. Never really know what to pack with our weather. Hope everyone is ok have a good Wendsday.

Sprout Wed 17-Jul-19 06:40:43

Oh dear even got the day wrong Wednesday where is my brain not with me that's true.

Marydoll Wed 17-Jul-19 06:40:47

Good morning Mick and all who follow. It's been raining overnight here in Glasgow and not a good omem for our funeral today.
Last night was both a sad and happy occasion, seing old faces and teaching colleagues of my sister in law and myself , that we hadn't seen since we retired from teaching.
Some of my DH and BIL's estranged brothers turned up, which caused some consternation, but I managed to keep my sister in law calm. I was dreading that!
Everyone came back to us and we had just had takeaway. It was just like the old days, when everyone congregated in my MIL's home. The young ones were reminiscing about the happy times they spent as youngsters, staying with us at weekends. Our home garden used to be full of weans on bikes, scooters, go-karts etc racing up and down our very long and steep driveway. There was many a bump and tears. It was such a comfort last night to see them all together and still getting on with each other! smile

Have a good day whatever you are doing and those with worries and ill health flowers
Those of you enjoying the heat and sun, I'm so jealous! envy. I was meant to be a child of the Mediterraneum. sunshine

Marydoll Wed 17-Jul-19 06:43:31

Thank you Beechnut. I too was waiting for Mick to post, Nannytopsy, so decided to paint my nails!!
It takes me so long to type my novel on the morning thread! grin

vena11 Wed 17-Jul-19 06:48:14

Morning everyone, lovely day in Bristol . Our last day of the school run for 6 weeks. nice to have a break. Will still see my babies but not as early.

Bellasnana Wed 17-Jul-19 06:51:44

Good morning from Malta where it is warm and sunny. Yesterday was lovely as there was a cooling breeze which made our trip to Valletta much more comfortable.

Marydoll, you asked me about Green Umbrellas restaurant, but I am not aware of it being still in existence.
When were you last in Malta? It has changed so much, sadly. A lot of over-building, too many cars, cranes wherever you look. I still love it though!

Will be thinking of you today as you say your last goodbyes to your bil. It will be a stressful day for you but I hope all goes as well as these sad events can.

Today is my son’s birthday. Can’t believe 28 years have passed since he arrived to join his three older sisters and complete our family.

No plans for the day, as yet, I’m still thinking about getting up!

Wishing a good day to you all.sunshine

BlueSapphire Wed 17-Jul-19 06:53:44

Good morning all from a sunny Northampton. We are forecast a fine day today. Didn't sleep well last night, was up before 5am.

Hairdressers this morning, colour and cut, which will be nice and relaxing. Then home for lunch and DD will pick me up later for this evening's wine club.

I knew I had seen the X5 bus somewhere Mick; it uses the same stop in Milton Keynes where I get the X7 bus back to Northampton. Might have to have a day out again in MK soon. Or a day at Rushden Lakes.

Hope today goes well for all, especially Marydoll.

kittylester Wed 17-Jul-19 06:54:38

Morning all from a sunny and bright North Leicestershire.

Just pootling and faffing this morning then school run in Derby this afternoon.

I hope today goes well marydoll. It will inevitably be happy and sad. thanks

Where are you off to this time mick?

Pantglas1 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:04:41

Morning everyone from a very muggy Spain- had fans on all last night to help us sleep, first time this year!

Grandson home after minor op on nasal polyps with barely a mark on him - if that had been me I’d look like I’d done a round with Mike Tyson!

Hope all goes well for everyone whatever you’re up to today, the good, the bad and the boring! Mine is mostly boring but you never know - I believe in serendipity!

gillybob Wed 17-Jul-19 07:15:57

Good morning from the NE coast where it is a little overcast but very warm and the sun expected to break through soon.

I had a very busy and tiring day yesterday with childcare/school runs etc. And I had the baby until 7pm too. Had to take my dad shopping and he seems oblivious to the fact that I am in a mad hurry trying to get him sorted, the baby fed and watered and back in time for the children’s pick ups. He only has one speed of doing anything and it’s VERY slow. Quite stressful.
Anyway they are all safely delivered home and things are back to normal so I’m off to “that place” in just over an hours time.

It looks like I have managed to get a dental appointment for 12 noon (awaiting telephone call to confirm) but I can only have 10 minutes, not sure what can be achieved in such a short time though.

I will be thinking of you today Marydoll and hope all goes well. Funerals do bring back a lot of memories both happy ones and sad ones don’t they? and sometimes you are left wondering why it takes a funeral to bring people back together. They also seem to bring others “out of the woodwork” that you have never seen for years and years?

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday x

Brunette10 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:18:05

Good Morning from a dull Fife. Have DGS's today as per usual Wednesday so looking forward to that. Marydoll I do hope everything goes as well as can today for you all. It's never easy flowers. Keep your head up high and I know you will be of great support to all.

Urmstongran Wed 17-Jul-19 07:20:23

Good morning everyone from a dry and mild South Manchester. It’s our grandson’s 7th birthday today and we’ve just FaceTime’d to sing happy birthday as he was up and in his school uniform. Mummy was dressing the 2y old and she joined in (a bit). We will see them all after school for birthday cake and bubbles - okay, juice for the smalls! Any family will just pop in. Saturday is his party day.

Mick here up north we bus users start chatting at the bus stop while we wait for the bus!

Marydoll you will be using up your mental and physical energy today so remember to look after yourself.

Pantglas1 we will be back in Spain in 10 days - the difference in the weather you describe seems unreal, reading it here. I can’t wait to be back! Mind you I always say here is for family, Spain is for sun & friends!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none. x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:31:55

Morning all from a sunny South Notts.
Hope the funeral goes all right Marydoll.
A quiet day planned. I have to wait a few hours more before I can check if the mobile phone has survived its swim in the washing machine. It has been dismantled and hopefully is drying nicely between two slices of bread. Silly me.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Resurgam123 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:50:34

Good Morning All
Bright cloud cover at present.
Oh beigecardigans! Its the sort of thing I might do these days. You won't be the last person.

NanKate Wed 17-Jul-19 07:52:47

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny and warm in South Bucks.

Will be thinking of you today Mary ?

Gillybob how do you manage looking after your Dad, a baby and your DGC, as well as going to that place ? I take my hat off to you.

Off to Rummykub today.

Greyduster Wed 17-Jul-19 07:59:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be warm again in South Yorkshire. I slept like a top last night. DH is having his new TV delivered today and set up today. The engineer will probably take one look at the spaghetti junction of wires at the back of our existing set and take to his heels in panic! Anyway, I am staying out of the way.
Marydoll ? for today. Have a good day folks.

NannyJan53 Wed 17-Jul-19 08:00:24

Good Morning from another cloudy but warm Black Country.

Enjoyed DGD's school play yesterday, even though I cannot hear everything said (wear hearing aids), the girls were happy I was there. Parents went to the evening performance. It ended with a marriage proposal between two women. How times have changed from our day at Primary School.

Eldest is 11 in August and goes to Secondary School in September. DD Whats Apped her report last night, it was an absolute pleasure to read! Works hard, well behaved and respectful, not a negative at all. She is a lovely girl! Proud Nan boast over smile

This morning have to follow Partner to the Garage for repairs on his car, then take him back to collect it later this afternoon. He will work from home. So will try and pop out to give him some quiet.

I am envious Urmston, we usually go to Malaga in September, but this year we are going to Croatia. So will miss our Spanish trip this year. Hope to sneak in a cheeky long weekend perhaps April/May next year though.

Thinking of Marydoll today

Grammaretto Wed 17-Jul-19 08:05:31

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Overcast but we mowed the grass yesterday thankfully.
I shall think of you Marydoll today.

My cousin's last day before she flies back to the States so we must go somewhere nice with her if there's time.

Lins1066 Wed 17-Jul-19 08:11:28

Good Morning Mick and all.

Warm and sunny here on S Wales Coast. Sky was clear last night to see the partial eclipse.

Physio appointment at local hospital at 1, probably a coffee somewhere on the way home.

Have a good day.
Thinking of Marydoll and family ?

Sprout Wed 17-Jul-19 08:11:48

Thinking of you Marydoll

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 17-Jul-19 08:46:47

Good morning from east London, little bit cloudy, still warm. Took GD swimming at our local pool after school yesterday. Couldn’t understand how it could be ‘full, one out,one in’ but it was perfectly clear when we did get in, was that there was only the tiniest bit of pool (once the diving area) available as everywhere else had swimming lessons until 7 when children have to leave the pool. (Maybe that should be another thread). She enjoyed herself tho. Charity shop drop this morning, school pick up and GD gymnastics, then mixed tennis match this eve. DSD has asked us to go and help decorate/sort out her flat in st Leonard’s, not quite the break I want given the building work going on here at the moment. Have the best day you can.