Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday!

(41 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 22-Jul-19 06:23:56

Just opening up. I held off, as I wasn't sure if Mick would be back!

Bellasnana Mon 22-Jul-19 06:33:39

Good morning, Marydoll and all on this thread.
It is already hot and sunny in Malta today.

I have an appointment to do my nails this a.m. then I shall have to think of somewhere to take my friend who is visiting. It really is too hot for touring around.

Hope everyone has a good week.sunshine

ninathenana Mon 22-Jul-19 06:36:40

Morning Marydoll and everyone.
A dull start here in Kent. Had the best nights sleep in a few weeks last night and now feel raring to go. No idea what I'll be doing though.
Enjoy whatever you do.

Hal49 Mon 22-Jul-19 06:39:47

Morning Marydoll and all yet to post - Don’t think Mick is due back until tomorrow - im sure he’s enjoying his trip.

Raining here in Mid Wales but will hopefully brighten up later. The Royal Welsh Show is taking place in the local area this week (Mon-Thurs) so roads have been very busy and will no doubt get even busier today. Hoping the rain won’t dampen spirits!

Have a good day everyone ?

Urmstongran Mon 22-Jul-19 06:43:08

Good morning everyone from South Manchester. Aren’t we supposed to be getting a heatwave later this week? I hope so. It’s cool but dry here this morning.

Thanks for starting us off today Marydoll I think Mick is back from his travels tonight.

I’m meeting my sister in law this afternoon in Manchester - I’ll get the train from across the road into Deansgate. Then home to eat as I’ve got lamb and new potatoes that I didn’t cook yesterday.

Hope Monday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Marydoll Mon 22-Jul-19 06:45:18

Good morning from a stormy Glasgow, it's blowing a hoolie and it's pretty wet into the bargain.
Well I have been hanging about, wondering whether I should open up. I had to look back to see when Mick was coming back. I didn't want to start the thread and cause confusion.

As you may have guessed, I couldn't sleep. I was going to go downstairs and start making the plum jam that DH has been going on about, but I I got distracted on Ebay! grin

A busy day ahead for me. My neighbour has invited me to go for coffee and a browse around the charity shops in a very posh village nearby.
She makes a fortune from spotting designer goods and then reselling them on Ebay. She is recovering from a hip replacement and like me has been stir crazy, being unable to drive and get out and about.

My sister in law has decided she wants to come home after only spending three days with her son in London, I knew it was too soon after BIL's death.
I shall have to go and get shopping for her, as there will be no food in her home. We will also pick her up at the staion, we don't want her going into an empty house on her own for the first time. It will be very difficult.

Oh and of course there will be the jam making. DH will be put into service to cut the plums, too difficult for me with my painful hands. Why should he be allowed sit with his feet up, supervising? I don't even like plum jam.grin

Wishing you all a pleasant Monday, (well Gillybob, the best you can have!)
For Gilly, ignore the ads.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZW0GFLSdw

oldgoat Mon 22-Jul-19 06:46:45

Morning all. An energetic week ahead with the company of the GSs. A bit gloomy here in York but it's supposed to be very hot over the next couple of days.
Have a good day everyone.
Marydoll I have pmd you.

BlueSapphire Mon 22-Jul-19 06:46:50

Good morning everyone from a grey Northampton: the weatherman tells us that it should clear later.
Did not sleep well at all but hope that yoga followed by coffee this morning will help. Then a trip to Waitrose after lunch to pick up a fan that I ordered from John Lewis. Looking at the weather forecast for this week I shall need it!

Grammaretto Mon 22-Jul-19 06:50:13

Good morning Marydoll and all from the Scottish Borders. Dull and grey but we're promised a heatwave this week!
Not much happening today but a week of hospital appointments and a funeral.
I may make jam as the soft fruit is ripening.

Greyduster Mon 22-Jul-19 06:55:56

Good morning Marydoll and all GNs. A tossing And turning sort of night here. We have no GS today as he is still in London, so I will try and get some domestic sorting done today. I envy you your plum jam Mary. I have one plum on my tree this year that started out with such promise. Have a good day folks.

aggie Mon 22-Jul-19 07:15:00

good morning all , dull wet morning so far , I was told/advised /instructed to put the washing machine on last night so the wash could be hung out early ! huh ! miss clever clogs ! sad
We are going out later if her car isn't needed for recall ??? Being informed of a problem then no appt free to fix it isn't exactly good aftersales service !

kittylester Mon 22-Jul-19 07:21:30

Morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire. We are promised a heatwave but it diesnt look much like it.

On the basis that its going to heat up I intend to iron this morning. This afternoon a man is coming to clean the cooker - it could take him a while! blush

And, this week's food planning is all to pot if it's going to be hot. So, I'll have to think again.

Beechnut Mon 22-Jul-19 07:28:38

Good Morning everyone.
Dull looking sky but it’s warm.
I’m not about as early as usual, I had one of the kind of dreams that leave me feeling disturbed.
I’m going to the library to return DVD , Mary Poppins Returns. I didn’t find it enjoyable. Then spending time with two lovely family members.

Have a good day everyone ?

cornergran Mon 22-Jul-19 07:35:51

Morning marydoll, morning All. Cloudy and strangely humid in spite of a noticeable breeze in our corner of Somerset. Disturbed night so a ratty Corner this morning. Need a food shop, definitely Mother Hubbard time here. Not sure what else, possibly a good afternoon for reading in the garden. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Resurgam123 Mon 22-Jul-19 07:38:30

Good Morning All. Grey skies and breezy in Cheshire.

We do not seem to have the "hoolie" that Glasgow has.

EllanVannin Mon 22-Jul-19 07:41:56

Good Morning Marydoll and All x
Well the sun's out and the very blustery start has somewhat calmed down. Whether we'll get the promised heatwave here in the NW remains to be seen as rain/storms are forecast but it doesn't appear settled to me, more like April.

Thought I'd been bitten by the tsetse fly yesterday as I couldn't keep my eyes open last night and drifted in and out of Poldark, woke up in the chair at 11.30 then toddled off to bed. Not the nicest of feelings so I hope I don't have too many of those !

Oh why am I so untidy ? The place looks as though a bomb's hit it with newspapers lying open, papers on the arm of the chair, ironing over the back of a chair and just general mayhem. I'll have to get cracking or it'll drive me mad. It wasn't like this when I was working !

No prizes for guessing what I'll be doing today !

Hope everyone's Monday isn't going to be as frantic----apart from gillybob's of course. Without the school run ??

Lins1066 Mon 22-Jul-19 07:45:15

Good Morning from SWelsh Coast. It is windy and humid here too cornergran. Due to hot up significantly according to the radio forecast a minute ago.

Will go for a walk later to try and continue my recovery and build stamina.
Will get up shortly and do some ironing in the kitchen, it will be cool with the patio doors open.
Have a good Monday everyone. Hope the day goes quickly for you Gilly

Pittcity Mon 22-Jul-19 07:48:12

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I haven't needed to wear a cardi for weeks here. We had a bit of rain last week but it'll be in the 30s by Wednesday.
Last walking Netball until September today with a picnic afterwards....must remember my factor 30!

NanKate Mon 22-Jul-19 08:06:44

Morning Mary and All.

Just woken up on the Forest, not literally, but a yard or two from it in our holiday cottage. Haven’t seen a wild pony yet this morning.

Low 70s here and should shoot up tomorrow and Wednesday.

Off to Furzey Gardens this morning. Lots of shady places to sit and relax. The small shop/cafe has some very pretty jewellery which I usually treat myself to.

If I give you the key Kitty could your oven cleaner man have a go at mine ?

Have a good day folks.

GabriellaG54 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:16:02

Good morning ladies...and gentlemen?
It's 19° rising to 26° later in Godalming . Grey, lowering cloud, no breeze.
I've nothing spectacular on today. A parcel to collect from M&S, ordered at 8.45pm and collect at 11am...that's 5* service. grin
Run today was a bit different as we followed a nature trail, so no ducks waiting to be fed.
I have a Babyliss hair dryer whuch suddenly overheated last week and I don't want to switch it on....in case. It's a good few years old blush (about 8-9) but not much used.
Rang company and they sent prepaid tracked mail bag and said they would inspect and if not useable they would 'see what we can do to help'. ?
It was only about £13 in Superdrug sale so it's served it's purpose.
I have the box, accessories and receipt to send so I'd better get my skates on before the rain starts, as looks likely.
Here's hoping everyone has a good week and, for some who are tired, unwell or just fed-up...????
Take care ?

GabriellaG54 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:17:46

whuch which

Brunette10 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:18:37

Good Morning all from a dreech Fife. Wouldn't think it was July. Wakened a few times last night for some reason and could not get back to sleep, needless to say very tired this morning. I was going to make a trip to the capital but the weather puts me off. Marydoll you make me feel so lazy with all the energy you have. Wish I had some. Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

NannyJan53 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:26:58

Good Morning from a dull but warm Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning, we normally cover 6-7 miles, with a lot of chatting on the way!

This afternoon, the dreaded eye test, I just know I will need a new prescription, so another hit to the Bank Account!

Wishing you all a lovely day

Anniebach Mon 22-Jul-19 08:54:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 22-Jul-19 09:04:55

Good morning from East London, where it’s bright and warm. Have been up for a while in the race to get ready BB (before builders) and now have the legs on scaffolding view out of the window. When I looked at the forecast earlier on, I wondered why the temperature was going up incrementally, then realised I was looking at the hour line and not the scary figures below (hot). Shopping for the tennis mixed match supper shortly, have/am making a pavlova and trifle for ‘afters’ as it’s the last one this season. The ‘befores’ will be basic. Haircut at lunchtime, then more clearing away to keep in front of the builders. Have a good day.