Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for all in need of a hearty blether.

(1000 Posts)
soop Mon 22-Jul-19 12:19:52

Welcome to all...it's good to have your company. You are special peoples. flowers sunshine wine cupcake smile

Luckygirl Mon 22-Jul-19 12:38:55

Ah - a blank space! I never contribute to the kitchen because I always seem to be behind on the latest news of people's lives and well-being and fear I might give offence by not commenting on someone's needs - reading it all takes a long time!

But here I am this morning; waiting patiently for the promised heatwave, and recovering from bronchitis. smile

kittylester Mon 22-Jul-19 12:47:00

Lovely new kitchen, soop thank you for providing us with yet another space.

Hi, lucky. We have a special greeting now to allow for missing someone by mistake. T (hinking) O(f) Y(ou) A(ll)

I'm in hiding (and hanging my head in shame blush) from the man cleaning the cooker.

Back later and TOYA.

Bellanonna Mon 22-Jul-19 12:53:21

Welcome to the new Kitchen and all who sit in her

Lucky, poor you. That’s something you could do without at any time

Kitty you made me laugh aloud, I felt just the same when a man came to do ours.

soop Mon 22-Jul-19 13:11:15

Luckygirl, Bronchitis is a major buggeration. Take it easy and get well soon.

Sharing this photo of our smiley great granddaughter Mila, who, like all children, loves splashing in puddles.

EllanVannin Mon 22-Jul-19 13:20:23

Aww, isn't that photo just a treat ? You can't help but smile smile

Synonymous Mon 22-Jul-19 13:41:23

Found you! Hope that this will be a very happy place with minimal problems for all of us. smile

Cookies and some of that elderflower cordial made by Himself are on the work top hmm

Has anyone else found that italics no longer work?

dragonfly46 Mon 22-Jul-19 13:45:19

no Synonymous mine work.

Sorry to hear you are ill Lucky - not really what you need.

Think you just have to think you are keeping the man in a job Kitty so no need to hide!

Lovely Mila.
TOYA

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-Jul-19 14:17:58

Pleased you are back with us Soop, you were missed!!

These are some of my Birthday flowers, I have left cake and fizz on the side for you all.

Hope you are feeling better soon Lucky.

Kitty I just blame Mr.Gravy when my oven man comes,

??????

Charleygirl5 Mon 22-Jul-19 14:44:58

Mila is such a pretty young lady and so happy splashing through the puddles. Like the rest of the gorgeous children in the kitchen, she is growing so rapidly.

Bellanonna Mon 22-Jul-19 15:12:08

Agreed, Charley, she is just lovely. Such a happy little soul.

Bellanonna Mon 22-Jul-19 15:26:48

Thanks for the fizz GG and hope you had a lovely birthday .

Charleygirl5 Mon 22-Jul-19 15:28:27

I was told a couple of weeks ago by the electrician doing work here how clean my oven was- I must clean it frequently. I just agreed with him, not daring to tell him how new it was!

Bellanonna Mon 22-Jul-19 15:30:50

As yet unused, maybe, Charley? ?

Charleygirl5 Mon 22-Jul-19 15:39:56

I was asked that question but I do use it- okay I no longer cook roasts but it is working several times a week for simpler meals.

I have just seen a fabulous newly refurbished hotel near Kings Cross in the newspaper. A standard room being £385 a night, breakfast I did not think was included. At that price, Tara and I could move in permanently!
TOYA

Bellanonna Mon 22-Jul-19 16:05:03

Remember, Tara needs her own room, CG, but that’s still only £770 per night. Bargain.

kittylester Mon 22-Jul-19 16:07:25

I have a sparkly cooker with a newly 'bushed' door! Salads from here on!

Lovely photos doting grans.

Is it your birthday today, gg? Happy birthday. Lovely flowers and lovely cake and fizz.

Now I must make a salad!

annodomini Mon 22-Jul-19 16:45:12

Another lovely new kitchen, Thanks for the welcome, soop.
Sorry to hear that you're poorly Lucky. Or not so lucky at the moment. There's a cough going round here but so far hasn't turned into bronchitis. Hope you feel better very soon.

Syn, some of that elderflower cordial will go down nicely on my 'scratchy' throat. Thanks for donating it.

Happy Birthday GG and a great year to come.

soop Mon 22-Jul-19 17:06:43

I am chuffed beyond measure to be back in our kitchen. You are, without doubt, the most special group of Granspals that I have had the pleasure to get to know. So there!

Tomorrow, as you know, is care home visiting day. I shall return to the kitchen as soon as I return. PLEASE may the broadband connection continue to behave. I've run out of the vilest of expletives. shock

A lovely sunny day. Breezy but beautiful with it.

TOYA smile moon

Nannytopsy Mon 22-Jul-19 17:13:27

Welcome back Soop and get well soon Lucky. My cooker man is very understanding but when I paid for DiL’s, the man wasn’t! I use an iPhone for GN and can do bold and italics but not strikethrough any more.

Panache Mon 22-Jul-19 17:20:29

Wowee!!!! A brand new kitchen yet again,plus the return of our favourite hostess Soop........it does not get better than this!!!

Sorry to hear of you being unwell Lucky......wishing you well and soon.

It seems our buyer wants an early completion which pleases us no end .However since our garage remains stocked up to the rafters with all manner of goods ..that probably date back donkey years!!...........hopefully a couple of dear friends are giving us a helping hand as we are aiming for a Garage Sale, both this saturday and the next.
What with my leg causing even greater hold ups we cannot dare risk two days in a row.Whatever remains will then be going to a clearance sale and hopefully, that indeed will be The End to a certain era of our lives!

It also seems as if my leg wound is slowly making progress so another bit of good fortune.I am so unused to things going this well!!!

Hopefully I may have a few stories to relate after saturday`s events!!
Take care my friends and keep smiling ........TOYA

Nannyfaraway Mon 22-Jul-19 17:33:53

That is a lovely photo of your great Grandaughter Soop. Love her name.
Happy Birthday GG hope you've had a lovely day. Thanks for the cake and fizz.
Hope you are better soon Luckygirl.
I have had a frustrating day off searching for a couple of certificates I need.. Have found all sorts of stuff I haven't seen for ages but not what I actually need.
Oh well I suspect they'll turn up sometime.
Might be off out with my husband tonight. So probably won't be back today.
TOYA

Lins1066 Mon 22-Jul-19 18:01:52

I have just lost my post, I pressed something I shouldn't. ?
A lovely new kitchen and Soop is back, you have been very much missed.
That is a lovely photo of Mila, some children's activities are timeless aren't they.

Your good luck continues Panache, I'm so pleased for you. Good to hear that your leg is improving too. Wishing you fine weather for your garage sale.

Hope you feel better soon Luckygirl, bronchitis is nasty. I had it some years ago and took a while to get over it.

Happy Birthday GG ??
Elderflower cordial, thank you Syn, my DH's gran used to make it. One year a bottle burst in her pantry I remember.

My neighbour is strimming his lawn, whatever he does he makes a b.....y noise. That strimmer sounds like the F1 cars on the starting grid.
TOYA

Galen Mon 22-Jul-19 18:40:16

Facebook thoughtfully reminded me this morning that it was my deceased child’s birthday today!

NanaandGrampy Mon 22-Jul-19 18:51:01

Wow a new kitchen already !! I’ll have to try and find the old kitchen to catch up.

We had a lovely day shopping and the Queen of the Universe just cooked dinner before we take Sam out for a late walk.

Back tomorrow for a proper catch up!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion