Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Wed 24-Jul-19 06:23:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start here in Brackley , looks like we had some rain overnight but very little.
Quiet day in , chiropodist this morning, then lazy watch Tour De France , depending on how the race develops will alter my plans but do not intend to go out if its going to be to hot and unfordable.
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 24-Jul-19 06:31:26

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where we had a spectacular thunderstorm between 2 - 3am this morning! It’s cleared the air though.

Minding the smalls again today from 7:30am. I wish I’d had more sleep. 4 hours wasn’t enough. Oh well, bed after children’s hour for me this evening!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Beechnut Wed 24-Jul-19 06:31:34

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.
Bright cloud and damp. I saw lightning last night but heard no thunder.
Some possible DIY for me today and what else I don’t know yet. The shed is a work in progress so I might go out and ferret around in a there.

I hope you all enjoy your day and take care in the heat ?

Beechnut Wed 24-Jul-19 06:32:22

Good Morning Urmstongran

Urmstongran Wed 24-Jul-19 06:34:12

Morning Beechnut!
?

Brunette10 Wed 24-Jul-19 06:39:37

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. Here in Fife we have just had a huge thunder and lightening storm with rain pounding the streets. It’s still raining. Needless to say not slept since around 5. Have DGS’s today and by the look of things the day could be spent indoors. Hope everyone coping with weather. Have a good day.

Sprout Wed 24-Jul-19 06:47:37

Morning Mick and all. Sun starting to show itself but still very warm here in Kent. My lovely Son is here for a week from France so it's great to see him even though he is working the evenings are spent catching up. Be careful all in that sun it's certainly hot and doesn't take long to burn. But hope you all have a good day

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 24-Jul-19 06:49:18

Good morning from East London, bright, little bit overcast but promising to be hot. Tennis at 9 this morning, slightly earlier than usual, in the hope we’ll not feel too hot to play. Dermatologist appointment this afternoon then may go to ‘fun’ choir this evening; choir leader is running some one-off sessions over the summer holidays. Hope you have a good day.

cornergran Wed 24-Jul-19 06:49:39

Morning Mick, morning All with just a little overnight rain and a strong breeze it still feels humid in our corner of Somerset. Physio first today, not so sure that’s a positive thing, then I’ve absolutely no idea at all. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone and storms not too destructive.

Pantglas1 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:07:53

Morning all - been up for hours and off to hairdresser for another shearing! I’ve been cursed/blessed with really thick hair but if it doesn’t get trimmed every 4 weeks in summer I get fidgety and have to start styling it whereas cropped, it’s wash and sun dry.

Lovely day to all whatever you’ve planned.

Marydoll Wed 24-Jul-19 07:08:21

Good morning all from a very muggy Glasgow, Dh cancelled his gold in anticipation of the thunderstorms, which haven't materialised.

I too have had a disturbed night, between the heat and worrying about my sister in law.I may have to go into Glasgow with her, to the famous dept. store which prides itself on it's service.
Her phone is broken, but she has no paperwork, as my late BIL bought it and we can't get into his PC to check the details. I'm hoping that they will live up to their reputation.

For those looking after little ones today, I hope you have enough energy, mine is very much depleted after our "bear hunt" yesterday, with a very large stick! grin

Wishing you all a pleasant dat.

Marydoll Wed 24-Jul-19 07:09:12

DAY!

BlueSapphire Wed 24-Jul-19 07:12:09

Good morning all from a bright and sunny ?Northampton. Looks like another hot one! Thunder and lightning last night, but don't think we got much rain.
Opticians yesterday, but thank goodness do not need new glasses this time. She said that my cataract is worsening, but not bad enough to worry about just yet.
A morning of tidying up then the gas man this afternoon for annual servicing of the fire and boiler. Someone from British Gas called yesterday and admitted they were at fault over my hot water and heating problems earlier this year and have offered better compensation as well as paying the electrician's bill so I have accepted their offer.
Stay cool, folks! I set my new fan up yesterday and am very pleased with it; took it up to the bedroom last night where it cooled me down nicely.

Grammaretto Wed 24-Jul-19 07:20:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's cooler today.
We had difficult news at the hospital yesterday but you just have to carry on.
The bus broke down on the journey home. It seemed to be overloaded with commuters. We were all left on the verge until another bus came to the rescue. It was only about 5 minutes .
Be careful in the heat you southerners. Our English DGC break up from school this week. What a relief.

Greyduster Wed 24-Jul-19 07:22:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I think it is going to be another hot one today, though after the spectacular thunder storm and lightning at two fifteen this morning, and the heavy rain I thought it might be cooler. We had a full on day with GS in stultifying heat yesterday and everyone was washed out by six o’clock! Something quieter today I hope. He and grandad are still asleep! Have a happy day, folks.

NannyJan53 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:26:34

Good Morning from a humid Black Country.

It rained overnight, and apparently we had a massive thunderstorm but I didn't hear a thing. Wearing hearing aids can have benefits occasionally smile. I actually slept till 5.40am which is unheard of!

Meeting friends in Birmingham for lunch today. So off on the train around 11am.

Good news indeed BlueSapphire they really messed you around earlier in the year. I had an eye test Monday, prescription changed slightly, but no concerns, just the usual age related changes hmm

Hope your SIL receives the customer service she needs Marydoll

Wishing you all a good day

GabriellaG54 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:29:13

Good morning everyone...from a hot 21° blue-sky sunny Godalming. I had my run earlier than usual 05.50 as neither of us wanted to run in heat, nor did I get much sleep as temp was 28° at midnight and the prospect of 29° today is anathema to me.
Frightening lightning at around 1-3am with the odd rumble of thunder and a few spots of rain. Still had to water pots this morning and had coffee and croissant at home after a cool shower...bliss.
Not much on today except swapping some plants with a friend and washing my hair later - I never do it in the shower, always over the bath.
I hope everyone has a good day with time to relax and soothe aches n pains with some sunshine. ???
Here are 2 pics of lightning I took from the field at bottom of the drive about 01.15.

Nortsat46 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:34:36

Good morning all. It's sunny in east London, but the night wasn't as hot as we had feared.
Consultation with Respiratory Physician this morning. Hope it goes well. Lunch out afterwards, then a lengthy drive home. We'll need the air con in the car on high.
Grammaretto so sorry to hear you received difficult news, I agree it's good to 'carry on' and take one day at a time.
Have a good day all and for those facing challenges today, sending you good thoughts. ?

Bellasnana Wed 24-Jul-19 07:38:54

Good morning all. It is hot and sunny, as usual, here in Malta. Seems it is hot weather for everyone at the moment.?

I had a dreadful night. Couldn’t get to sleep for worrying about various problems, then, when I finally did go off to sleep, I was rudely awakened at 2.35a.m. by the dog, who was being sick by the back door. Couldn’t face dealing with it at that hour, but neither could I get back to sleep. Feel like a zombie now, so I sympathise with others in the same predicament.

My friend returns to Chester today so there will be a drive to the airport later on, otherwise no plans of any note.

Have a good day, all, and keep safe in the sun.sunshine

kittylester Wed 24-Jul-19 07:43:33

Morning all from a very sticky North Leicestershire despite a massive storm in the night.

School run in Derby this afternoon then back to school to watch dgd in the end of year play.

gramaretto (((hugs)))

dragonfly46 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:44:57

Good morning from a sunny Leicestershire. We had a spectacular storm at 2.30 this morning with sheet lightening, thunder and torrential rain. I rather fear my pretty windmill is broken!

Sorry to hear you had bad news yesterday Grammaretto.

Going to large M&S today to get fitted for post op bra but will no doubt buy the DGC clothes. I cannot resist.

Have a good day every one.

Lins1066 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:48:23

Good Morning Mick and everyone. Very warm here already on Bristol Channel coast. Took ages to get to sleep last night, and still in bed with a cuppa.

Grammaretto, so sorry to read that you had difficult news.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day, we have nothing planned but may go out later.

Hope your dog is ok Bellasnana.

Brunette10 Wed 24-Jul-19 07:59:36

Grammaretto - so sorry about your difficult news yesterday and yes carry on as best you can.

Ginny42 Wed 24-Jul-19 08:02:26

Good morning Mick. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Spectacular thunderstorm with very heavy rain overnight Everywhere looks fresher and the hydrangeas look amazing this morning.

My wrens have two young in the nest now and their tiny little mouths are constantly open for feeding except when sleeping. So tiny you wonder how they could survive.

Taking GS to Conway to explore the castle. Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Wed 24-Jul-19 08:05:33

Good morning from an overcast NE.
We had lightning at 3am and again at 3.40, rain at 4.00 on the dot.I did not wake up we just saw the lightning on CCTV recording, when storms are forecast I sleep with earplugs and an eye mask as I can usually sleep through it.
I spent all of yesterday reading in the garden but it times it was a tad blowy for the parasol.