Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Jul-19 06:15:45

Good Morning Everyone,
its a blue sky but cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
My thermometer is showing 28C in the kitchen.
Usual shop , then watch the Tour De France from midday could be the deciding stage.
Mick

kittylester Fri 26-Jul-19 06:24:35

Morning mick, morning all.

It is sticky already today in North Leicestershire and we didnt get the promised rIn overnight. Hopefully today!

Pootling and faffing this morning and out for brewcupcake with my lovely friend this afternoon.

Greyduster Fri 26-Jul-19 06:33:19

Good morning, Michael, Kitty and all who follow. A bright start in South Yorkshire; cooler, thankfully, with high cloud. We didn’t get any rain overnight either. Food and domestic shopping for me today and then a pile of ironing. Have a good day folks!

Sprout Fri 26-Jul-19 06:34:06

Morning Mick and all. Still sticky and hot but had some heavy rain this morning which helps clear the air. Preparing for a few days away next week down the coast. Hope everyone is feeling OK in this heat take care everyone.

Beechnut Fri 26-Jul-19 06:39:26

Good Morning everyone.
Cloudy and warm start on Severnside.
Shopping this morning and then paperwork sorting.
I love your pootling and faffing expression *.

Have a lovely day whatever you do ?

cornergran Fri 26-Jul-19 06:41:39

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast, still sticky corner of Somerset. What happened to the rain we were promised? Not sure how today will progress, need to try to phone a hospital registrar, could take a while. Otherwise will try to catch up with general ‘stuff’, boring but necessary. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 26-Jul-19 06:44:03

Good morning from a cloudy but still very warm Black Country.

Was scorching yesterday, and didn't go outside as it was cooler in the Living room.

There is more cloud around this morning, so hopefully it will be cooler.

I love a good pootle and a faff Kitty. Partner still works and always asks me what I did today. Sometimes it is hard for me to explain exactly what smile

DD is coming over this morning with 2 DGD (10,and 8), so may go over to the local park, which has plenty of room for them to zoom round on their scooters.

Hair appointment this afternoon, and pop in to see Mum afterwards.

Enjoy your day everyone

Marydoll Fri 26-Jul-19 06:48:41

Good morning Mick, Kitty and all who follow.
The sun is shining here in Glasgow, but nowhere as warm as it is where you are Mick.
Three days of sunshine in a row in Glasgow, unbelievable!!! grin

It was so hot at the hospital yesterday, they were giving out water, we were all crowded in a tiny waiting room, with sealed windows and the consultant was running an hour and forty minutes late. Quite a few people left, and made new appointments, it was unbearable.

JL came up trumps and we offered a new Kindle for SIL, I have to commend them for their kindness and compassion. We followed it by a lovely lunch, but DH found it so hard talking about his brother.

We have DGD today, so I'm off to make the pancakes. We will take her up the Braes above our town, to the "Car Park in the sky" for a run about. You can see the whole of Glasgow and across to Ben Lomond and down the Clyde coast, the views are amazing. DS2 is going join us, we hardly see him, as he works long hours,so I'm looking forward to it, as is my wee DGD.

SIL will be round later, so that my DD and her fiance, the technical experts can deal with the locked laptops. I'm exhausted thinking about all the visitors.They will of course be looking to be fed!!! grin

Have a lovely day, whatever you have planned.

Marydoll Fri 26-Jul-19 06:49:22

Good morning to all those who posted, while I was writing my novel!!! grin

silverlining48 Fri 26-Jul-19 06:51:15

Morning all. Well its decidedly chilly and wet here on the south coast. We are currently away celebrating our golden wedding and only brought light summer clothes. Grrrrr brrrr

Grammaretto Fri 26-Jul-19 07:00:44

Good morning to you all from the Scottish Borders where it is a coolish 17C but despite a lightening storm last night and a power cut we haven't had any rain here.
I slept badly and awoke thinking I'd left the precious water running from the big water butt at the community garden yesterday so I drove round at 5 am to find it was indeed true - what an idiot! but luckily no serious damage done as it had been almost empty. Please - we need rain!
I hope today is cooler for all those sweltering in the heat.

EllanVannin Fri 26-Jul-19 07:04:10

Good Morning Mick and All x
Just 19 degrees at present with a fresh cool breeze. The short thundery blast from yesterday must have cleared the air.

I've been up since 5am after deciding I'd had enough sleep and I was hungry as well so did my usual crumpets and drinking choc then put some peanuts out for the scraggy-looking squirrels.

A bit of tidying up and dusting, nothing too energetic also some kiddie fingermarks on the patio door I notice.
First cooked fish and chip lunch today after two days of sandwiches, so I'll thaw a piece of cod and make a batter.

Take it easy for those of you who still have the heat but enjoy your day.

Grammaretto Fri 26-Jul-19 07:06:42

Lovely post Marydoll
Congratulations silverlining!!
Enjoy your celebrations smile

harrigran Fri 26-Jul-19 07:06:43

Good morning from a dry bright NE, no rain here during the night either. The rain bands parted and went either side of us.
Went to bed early dosed with painkillers after evening gastroscopy, they gave me even less sedative and I was fully aware of the whole procedure. If I had not had a large male nurse holding me down I think I would have been out of the room.
I have a diabetes prevention course this morning and my friend is coming with me as I have to have someone with me for 24 hours.

ninathenana Fri 26-Jul-19 07:10:25

Morning everyone.

Overcast in Kent today, we had a bit of a storm last night. Plenty of lightning but not much rain.
Food shop this morning then this afternoon I have to travel approx 30 miles to an opticians designated by DVLA in order to renew my license due to the treatment I've been having. So annoying as there is a branch here in town.
Have a good day everyone.

Resurgam123 Fri 26-Jul-19 07:12:11

Good morning all.
33deg C is all wrong for the UK

This weather is really awful last night.
We were all warned about global warning.

Don't anyone near me say this is good weather.

Lins1066 Fri 26-Jul-19 07:20:21

Good Morning from a warm and cloudy S Welsh coast.

Appointment to see Consultant this morning. Still in bed so will have to get cracking soon.

Enjoy the cycling Mick and have a good day everyone.

NanKate Fri 26-Jul-19 07:22:49

Morning Mick Kitty Mary and All.

Departing from the lovely New Forest after a sun drenched week’s hols. It’s Leah’s nice to get back to our own home and comfy bed.

You could run a soup kitchen Mary the amount of meals you produce for all your family. ?‍?

Congratulations Silverlining 50 years is a great achievement ?

NanKate Fri 26-Jul-19 07:23:55

Please read nice for Leah’s ?

NanKate Fri 26-Jul-19 07:24:53

Sorry I mean really. I think I need another holiday or is it this predictive text.

Resurgam123 Fri 26-Jul-19 07:31:11

I had probably go to ASDA asap before it gets hotter,
I am still in by dressing gown though.
Not quite a good idea.

Stay out of the heat folks . Keep hydrated with water.

ninathenana Fri 26-Jul-19 07:33:53

Chilly ? Silverlining wow it's 21c here in Kent. Can't be that far from you.

BlueSapphire Fri 26-Jul-19 07:53:55

Good morning all. It's overcast here in Northampton but breezy, and the sun is trying. Hall thermometer reads 28. Just popped out the front door to put the Avon catalogue out for collection and it feels definitely cooler. Had a dreadful night, just hot and had a headache. How did I manage when I lived in the Far East, and had no air-conditioning, just a ceiling fan?

Think I will probably venture out to M&S food and Sainsbury's this morning, as after two days indoors I am going a bit stir crazy! I did manage to read nearly a whole book yesterday though.

Think DS and family are off to Bournemouth for a couple of days. Would love to be beside the sea. Take care in the heat everyone.

GabriellaG54 Fri 26-Jul-19 07:59:11

Good morning everyone. It's kind of overcast but blue sky is peeping through and a (thankfully) cooler 18° rising to 23° after lunch in Godalming. I'm so pleased that the temp has dropped.
An early run ended with just water so the ducks had to go without their usual treat.
I watered and dead-headed garden pots and I'll be staying home and reading, filing some paperwork and simply 'hangin'. wink
I know one particular person who will be thrilled that Friday is here and I hope that everyone has a good day and an enjoyable weekend wherever you are.

Auntieflo Fri 26-Jul-19 08:00:47

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others. There is a beautiful cool breeze coming through our bedroom windows, so welcome after the heat yesterday.
A friend is coming to pick me up later and we are off to a garden centre for coffee and maybe lunch smile.
I did nothing yesterday except crochet a bag, so am grateful for the drop in temperature today.
Marydoll, how on earth do you manage all that cooking?
Have a good day one and all.