Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Tue 30-Jul-19 06:12:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
my regular trip on the buses to Bicester and Buckingham with coffees and shop.
Forecast is supposed to change but when?
Mick

Beechnut Tue 30-Jul-19 06:36:14

Good Morning everyone.
I woke up to a sunny day out the front of the house with grey skies and a rainbow out the back. I think it’s starting to change here Mick as there is now rain on the windows.
I hope to go for my swim later and plan a pottering time after.

I hope you all have a good day and your wellies don’t fill up with rain water when you do puddle jumping ?

kittylester Tue 30-Jul-19 06:41:30

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is bright and sunny already in North Leicestershire but there are also a few clouds. I think we are due some rain.

We have 2 dgc again today but we haven't decided what we are going to do yet.

Nortsat46 Tue 30-Jul-19 06:45:30

Good morning Mick ... Thank you Beechnut, for your sound advice, which has made me smile already. I will keep it in mind today and will indeed ensure my wellies don't fill up, while I am puddle jumping???

BlueSapphire Tue 30-Jul-19 06:46:27

Good morning all from a bright Northampton. Managed to get the back grass cut yesterday before we get more rain.

Doctors this morning, then will pop to Sainsbury's for a coffee, then a health walk after lunch. Need to get exercising again!

Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 30-Jul-19 06:48:33

Good morning.
Clear blue skies over Kent but my phone says the rain will arrive about 10-11ish. DH will be working then so I may be picking him up early. Before that it's a food shop and coffee.

NannyJan53 Tue 30-Jul-19 06:53:16

Good Morning from a bright Black Country.

Lovely day yesterday, and the health walk was a long one, over two hours! Then a walk to the Dentist in the afternoon.

Today I am meeting a friend for lunch at a new place open nearby that everyone is raving about! We had to book a table for 2.15 as they were fully booked till then.

I thundery showers are forecast for today. We were planning a train trip to Leamington Spa, but will put that on hold for another day.

Marydoll Tue 30-Jul-19 07:01:34

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, it's 55F, but feels cooler.

I slept badly, having weird dreams about Nankate confused grin. As we have never met, it is all very strange!!!

I have two medical appointments first thing and also looking after DGD, so a busy day ahead.
We may also go and visit my sister in law, just to check on her. However, knowing DGD is here, she will probably be here before we get the opportunity.
Have a good day, whatever your plans.

Ginny42 Tue 30-Jul-19 07:01:56

Good morning Mick and all. It's a brighter morning in Cheshire than the last few days, but horror of horrors, thunderstorms later. I will be driving, so not looking forward to that.

Very busy preparing to work away for six weeks and have family staying, so I'm a bit frazzled to be honest. Painting class this morning and hairdresser's this afternoon.

Enjoy the day whatever your plans.

Lins1066 Tue 30-Jul-19 07:05:42

Good Morning from a wet S Welsh coast, much cooler here.
I have hydrotherapy this morning and we have DS's little cavalier spaniel for the day. Heavy rain is forecast so little chance of a walk, however the gardens are parched and really need a good soaking. DS removed all his large patio cushions yesterday afternoon after hearing the forecast and put them in the hall cupboard. He had to take them out again 15 mins later when the electricity man called to read the meter ?
Enjoy your puddle jumping Beechnut and Nortsat46.
Have a good day all.

Bellasnana Tue 30-Jul-19 07:22:22

Good morning everyone. No puddle jumping here in Malta, it is hot and sunny. There was a lovely breeze yesterday which made such a difference as the humidity can be quite draining.

Hairdresser this morning, then meeting a dear friend for coffee and a catch up.

Marydoll, I ?? at your dream! It is strange how we have these odd dreams. I wonder what on earth causes them.

Hope everyone’s day goes according to plan.sunshine

lmm6 Tue 30-Jul-19 07:26:23

Good morning from a very wet Devon. My lovely wildflower border has been flattened because of the heavy rain. I could cry.

Pantglas1 Tue 30-Jul-19 07:31:43

Another lovely day in Andalusia so off to the beach as we’re only here for another week before winging back to Wales where it’s promising to be wet for the National eisteddfod in my husband’s hometown.

Never mind, I love spending time with family and friends so weather is irrelevant. Enjoy your day everyone whatever you’re doing.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 30-Jul-19 07:43:38

Good morning Mick and all x

Grey in SE Essex, rain and storms forecast.

We have 1 GC again today, not sure of plans.......it’s a wait and see sort of day???

Urmstongran Tue 30-Jul-19 07:47:22

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. There is a mist over the sea right now so the horizon isn’t visible. It’ll soon clear I expect.

A quiet day planned. Will sit in the gardens I think. I’ve brought some audio books out with me on MP3 players so I will choose one and sit under a palm tree and be read to. Bliss!

Thinking we might go out for a Chinese tonight. Whatever, I won’t be cooking.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

cornergran Tue 30-Jul-19 07:50:10

Morning Mick, morning All. Plenty of puddles to jump in our corner of Somerset. Heavy overnight rain and a stormy day forecast. Excellent timing as I’m off to the hairdresser this morning hmm. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 30-Jul-19 08:00:21

Good morning everyone! Lovely start to the day but storms forecast. I hope we do get a thunderstorm - I love to watch them. I am still a child at heart, along with the other puddle jumpers ?.

Greyduster Tue 30-Jul-19 08:12:15

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A bright start in South Yorkshire, but set to deteriorate later. Nothing much on the agenda today but a visit to the library and then packing for a few days away. I had dreadful hay fever last night. They have been harvesting round here which may or may not be to blame. Have a good day folks.

Brunette10 Tue 30-Jul-19 08:15:32

Good Morning from a bright Fife. Sun is out smile. Off to get eyebrows waxed/shaped and we are having an away day to the city of Dundee. Will visit the V & A hopefully then lunch. Hoping everyone has a good day.

gillybob Tue 30-Jul-19 08:18:41

Good morning from the NE coast where I woke to a beautiful sunny morning but it has now reverted back to normal, which is dull and grey, with rain on its way soon. Some summer this is turning out to be.

A busy day ahead with a bit of “that place” then some child care plus taking my dad for his 1st big shop of the week (what does he do with it all?)

Like Marydoll I had very weird dreams, mine involved bowling balls, gin and swimming pools confused I was very hot during the night which meant I had the fan on full blast .

DH has a hospital appointment later this morning but unfortunately I won’t be able to go with him (he doesn’t listen when he’s on his own) . We are hoping that he can get bumped up the list for his operation as he’s suffering quite a bit again and we don’t want a repeat of Christmas week when we were at A&E every single day.

Well that me dashing. No rest for the very wicked.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

EllanVannin Tue 30-Jul-19 08:31:08

Good Morning All x
Weather not good is it ? I'll be doing what I have to do before the storm/s come rolling in. At the moment there's no wind or a breeze to take it away. Sun between cloud presently but not cold.

The lovely locations where some posters are make me think back at the holidays my friend and myself visited. Malta/Malaga, wonderful memories. Enjoy while you're able, that's all I can say.

Salad and fruit order of the day, I won't be cooking !

Whatever everyone does, enjoy your day best you can between showers.

Auntieflo Tue 30-Jul-19 08:32:57

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all.
Yesterday we both had hospital appointments, in two different hospitals. DH is not himself this week, being two weeks into his radiotherapy treatment. It’s so unlike hime to be down. I will probably need an operation, so in the Auntieflo household, we are a bit glum ?

It is grey and windy here, so maybe in for some rain later.

Does anybody else put on their reading specs, for GN, then go wandering off to look for something, and wonder why the world is a bit bleary?
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Tue 30-Jul-19 08:36:04

Minnimoo, meant to say, hope everything went well for your DD yesterday

Grammaretto Tue 30-Jul-19 08:36:31

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A lovely day so far so I'm breakfasting in the garden listening to the birds and the bin lorries
I can't remember what's on my agenda today but no doubt it will be catching up with something.
Have a great day out Brunette and all who have plans.

Anniebach Tue 30-Jul-19 08:54:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hoping for rain in Mid Wales.

Hope everyone has a good day x