Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

Esther1 Thu 01-Aug-19 14:41:29

Love this thread. Am minding my 5 year old gd all day again (do this 3 days a week) and am tired of being enthusiastic so have let her (to her delight) watch TV all day!! Feel so guilty and I know she knows it’s wrong because she is laying low and not asking for anything, so I don’t turn it off. The guilt I feel is making me miserable but I am just so exhausted.

MissAdventure Thu 01-Aug-19 14:38:10

grin grannygravy I like your logic.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 01-Aug-19 14:25:04

GillT57 If they were in the fruit bowl then technically they must be "fruit"??????

GillT57 Thu 01-Aug-19 14:01:25

Well........trying to decide whether to clean the cobwebs from the kitchen ceiling ( rather high), or wash the kitchen floor, or take some of the stuff in the hall to the charity hall, or weed the freshly planted flower bed.......and sitting here on GN doing none of the above. I need taken in hand, bossed about a bit, told what to do. Main problem is going to other people's houses which are always immaculate and then coming home to mine which never is. Also, while faffing about deciding which job needs to be done first, I accidentally ate 6 chocolate truffles which were in the fruit bowl for some reason.

Katek Thu 01-Aug-19 13:49:05

Ate two very small pieces of cheese last night (dairy intolerant) and thought I could perhaps get away with it. How wrong could I be? Spent miserable evening and night trotting to bathroom. Now shattered and meant to be at Pilates class tonight. They were very small pieces though.......☹️☹️.....

Lona Thu 01-Aug-19 13:34:34

Got trapped in Sainsbury's by a 91 year old lady who talked solidly at me for at least 10 minutes, she swerved from one subject to another with a skill that many politicians would envy and I could not get a word in edgeways!
I had to run off in the end grin

KatyK Thu 01-Aug-19 13:28:55

This thread is very refreshing! I am always wary of putting my woes on here (although I frequently do blush) for fear of bringing a thread 'down' . Now there is a place for it!

HootyMcOwlface Thu 01-Aug-19 13:25:04

Oh me too MissAdventure (pain in bum that is!) my chair is uncomfortable and I had new seat cushions but they seem hard. Hoping they eventually give a bit. I also have wrenched my shoulder, my knees are about 30 years older than the rest of me and I have two big scratches on my leg. My cat tried to eat me last night as she thought I was too slow getting her tea. She also left me a huge poo on the utility room floor overnight. Thanks puss.

loopyloo Thu 01-Aug-19 13:10:16

The slugs have eaten my new sunflower that I bought the other day for a £1.

Our washing machine makes a terrible noise, probably need a new one as it's
9 years old.

Our email addresses have been frozen by sky.

MissAdventure Thu 01-Aug-19 13:07:54

Today I have a pain in the cheek of my bum and a pimple under my eye.

My neighbour has just bought me an eccles cake, which I love, but they give me terrible heartburn!

merlotgran Thu 01-Aug-19 13:05:14

We have visitors staying tonight so is it really too much for DH to tell me when he's planning on having a shower (preferably not ten minutes before they are due to arrive) so I don't have to clean the bathroom twice? angry

vena11 Thu 01-Aug-19 12:39:41

Just been fitted with hearing aids hubby is trying to be funny and keeps miming at me all the time, getting on my nerves now lol

Urmstongran Thu 01-Aug-19 11:53:03

Oh please do oldandverygrey!

This is my favourite thread in such a long time! I’m giggling away at some of these moans.

Thanks for sharing.

You are a very witty bunch!
?

Oldandverygrey Thu 01-Aug-19 11:42:58

Going out for lunch today thought I would bake a cake to take as a gift. Just lifted cake out of the oven and it has significantly sunk in the middle! threw it in the breadbin, must rush out now to take flowers instead. No rain here for weeks, have to keep watering with a watering can the 3000 pots of flowers my husband insists on having. Tomatoes still bright green, rhubarb flourishing (cant stand it), Neighbour complaining I did not put the green garden waste wheelie bin to be emptied (which I pay for) for HIM to fill it. I could go on and on.

Lessismore Thu 01-Aug-19 11:31:47

A most impressive offering from gilly and a nice little twist from toscalily and Margaux. Margaux, yours in particular resonates with existential angst.

GG, a small but significant moan, enough to ruin the day and possibly the weekend.

henetha, I misread yours and thought the cause of your deafness was sex , not wax.

grizzlybear27 Thu 01-Aug-19 11:07:46

20 bloody chickens and only 1 egg!!!!! 2 torn cartilages, One bloody son not talking to me for 8 weeks!!! And dogs barked all night.

henetha Thu 01-Aug-19 11:00:12

P.S. I had one of those phone calls just now. Telling me that £600 has been taken out of my bank account and transferred to a foreign country. Press button 1 to prevent this, they said.
I think it's a scam. I did not press button 1.

Margaux Thu 01-Aug-19 11:00:04

So much to do. Why can't I get started?

henetha Thu 01-Aug-19 10:58:31

I've gone deaf in one ear too, and am told it's wax. I can't have my ears syringed as it brings on severe vertigo.
Told to put olive oil in every night for quite a while.
If not, they can use a mini vacuum cleaner to draw it out.
Everything's muffled...
Good luck, similar suffers above..

KatyK Thu 01-Aug-19 10:56:09

Yes it is horrible Bella. I need it to be done by Monday. I won't get an appointment now. They have turned me away before when I've gone early. Never mind. gilly flowers

Squiffy Thu 01-Aug-19 10:53:41

The plants that were installed a few weeks ago are now hidden by the wheat field that has sprouted thanks to the wild bird food.

I will have to listen to DH banging on and on and on about his baking skills - making a pie on Sunday (his suggestion, his speciality hmm ), which involves frozen pastry and a tin of meat and a lot of mess! Only a half-moan as he's really quite useful around the house!!

midgey Thu 01-Aug-19 10:31:30

I have just got a speeding fine in the post.....I have yet to tell him indoors.

Bellanonna Thu 01-Aug-19 10:25:01

Me too Katy. Can you make the appt now for the day before you need to hear properly, and even though it won’t be 2 weeks it should be enough? I have often only used drops for a week. It’s such a horrible feeling isn’t it.

gillybob Thu 01-Aug-19 10:22:45

The weather is sh*t, It has rained every day since I can't remember, cold enough to wear a jumper, I'm stuck in this god awful place for the foreseeable future, my head hurts, I have a niggling toothache, my DH isn't well and can't get his operation brought forward....other than that life is just bloody brilliant !

KatyK Thu 01-Aug-19 10:20:50

Thanks Bella I get this every few years. The drops never unblock it. Only syringing does the trick. I'll have to cope smile