Gransnet forums

Chat

Moaning thread

(544 Posts)
Lessismore Wed 31-Jul-19 22:22:15

The weather is awful, it's not even August and the nights are drawing in. My husband has an irritating cough and the cat has disappeared.

hulahoop Fri 02-Aug-19 12:44:53

You need to borrow sillynannys. cat auntie flo I hate spiders I keep spraying doorways etc with mint but I still found one on bedroom ceiling ???

Lupin Fri 02-Aug-19 13:12:36

I STILL haven't won £10,000 a month for life. My hip aches my trousers won't do up properly and my blouse won't either. They must have shrunk in the wash.

LizaJane24 Fri 02-Aug-19 13:25:01

Cold sore!!! Get them rarely, about every 4 years, one side of lip swells up like a bad filler job. Can't kiss my lovely grandson.

boheminan Fri 02-Aug-19 13:28:47

Had to buy eggs today - not happy

trisher Fri 02-Aug-19 13:30:12

I'm sick of bloody hay fever. I've taken my anti-histamine and used my eye drops but I still look like a pink eyed rat and I'm still sniffling! My hair needs cutting and I hate hairdressers.

JenniferEccles Fri 02-Aug-19 13:31:40

This is such a realistic thread about what life is really like.

I can’t help contrasting it with all the wonderful pictures of an allegedly perfect life which so many celebrities would have us believe they live.

00mam00 Fri 02-Aug-19 13:42:04

Checked Earnie’s this morning, as usual DH who has less than me, won twice as much angry.
Moth infestation, tried everything, nothing works.
Got 4 people staying next weekend and plumber still hasn’t got back to me about mending my en-suite cistern. 6 people sharing one toilet! doesn’t bare thinking about.
Still waiting for OH to tile conservatory floor.
Entire house needs re carpeting and redecorating but neither of us can face the disruption.
I have a mountain of washing and ironing.
DD has asked to borrow more! money.

Worst of all, I have nothing I need to go into town to buy.

Diggingdoris Fri 02-Aug-19 13:54:32

I was just thinking about adding my moans to this post, then I thought about the poor families of Whaley Bridge and north Yorkshire, who have been evacuated or flooded. Their plight puts my moans into the shade.

Sprout Fri 02-Aug-19 14:17:28

Yes because I was so late for Mick today I looked at this thread really good and true. Can't say anything but agree those people with flood alerts the bridge etc deserve more respect.

RinOR Fri 02-Aug-19 14:28:21

My adult kids are rude and my granddaughter is sassy. Tire of the disrespect

Lilylaundry Fri 02-Aug-19 14:37:14

Told my friend (not bragged, honest) I had managed to loose 3lbs in weight over three weeks. Thought she would be pleased for me -wrong!!

She told me to be very careful and not loose too much!

I said I'm 5'8'' and weigh in at 12st 2lbs. Hardly a half-starved look.

Wonder how long this friendship will last?

narrowboatnan Fri 02-Aug-19 14:42:21

My watch needed a new battery. Took it to the nearest place and was charged £8.90. Paid up and tried to look cheerful. Went by another watch battery place five minutes later and noticed sign advertising watch batteries replaced for £3.50. Tried not to cry in the middle of the high street

Namsnanny Fri 02-Aug-19 15:08:41

My knee kept me awake, again last night
The car still hasn’t had its mot.
They are ‘waiting’ for the part or the man who fits the part. Been 4 weeks now!

My helpful husband has ‘borrowed ‘ yet another pair of my expensive sewing scissors to open his bag of cement, (they’re the only ones that work...apparently) and proceeded to stir said mix with them.

But can I complain...No ‘cos it’s my garden he’s ‘improving’!!!!

Namsnanny Fri 02-Aug-19 15:16:05

Who or what is the big drip Lessismire?wink

Still love the thread thanks again for starting it!

EllanVannin Fri 02-Aug-19 15:47:59

I shouldn't have got up today.
Just to add insult to injury while fastening my trousers with the zip inside the pocket area at the side, I also trapped my flesh while pulling up the zip ! Dash, said I ! I couldn't move the damn zip up or down and could have cried with the soreness, so I squoze a blob of liquid soap gel down the affected part and released the zip leaving a large " pinched mark " on my waist.

SirChenjin Fri 02-Aug-19 16:22:29

My boss is a complete nightmare and I'm going through the menopause. I'm now on day 11 of a period from hell and I'm feeling lousy.

inishowen Fri 02-Aug-19 16:36:26

At 67 surely I should still have the energy for a day out! Husband and I left the house a 9 am and drove to lovely Portrush. We had breakfast and a short walk around the shops. Drove onto the next resort, Port Stewart. Again a short walk and a stop for a cuppa. By then I am dragging myself along, so bloody tired. One more stop in the town of Coleraine for a quick look in the charity shops. I am so tired then that I had to ask to go home. We were out for five hours, including the drive. I'm fed up at my lack of energy.

Oldandverygrey Fri 02-Aug-19 16:39:59

Was kept awake all night last night by a couple of foxes who decided to do their courting under my bedroom window -I thought someone was being murdered! Also my neighbour knocked today and said could I please remember to put out the garden waste bin next week (see my earlier post) as his garden waste is building up, and looks unsightly! Its MY bin which I PAY for, and which he thinks he is entitled to fill. Also my husband only has one topic of conversation these last few years - Brexit - hopefully one day he will pipe down. That's me done for the day.

Lessismore Fri 02-Aug-19 17:01:22

Doris, this is the place to let it all hang out. Go for it.

I've been to the hairdressers. It's too dark, I look like a witch.

blue60 Fri 02-Aug-19 17:16:40

We have bought a small caravan. Dh has drawn (to scale) multiple ways of getting it on the drive. I am now stressed before we even get the thing!!

DanniRae Fri 02-Aug-19 17:18:52

inishowan - I get exhausted too but a large glass of water definitely helps as with me it's dehydration. However when I go out I can't drink too much as then I will keep needing the loo!

PamelaJ1 Fri 02-Aug-19 17:27:35

Well I was going to have a moan but after reading the posts on here I've pulled myself together and feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world!

I will now stop deciding whether to kill or divorce my DH who has broken his foot rather badly and has taken to it like a duck to water.

He was giving me instructions on how to wheel the wheely bin to the end of the drive!!!

MissAdventure Fri 02-Aug-19 17:32:30

I'm painting my bedroom (badly!)
I shouldn't have started, my heart isn't in it, and now I have paint all over the floor, all over myself, and all over my clothes.

Now I've wrecked everything I'm going to pack it in for now.

SirChenjin Fri 02-Aug-19 17:40:53

He was giving me instructions on how to wheel the wheely bin to the end of the drive!!!

That made me laugh grin I have a husband just like that - I often 'joke' that he should just compile a rule book for everyone setting out how they should and shouldn't do things and hand out printed copies. He gets a bit huffy at that.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 02-Aug-19 18:34:07

Well I left my big to do list and went for a walk into town to try and clear my head. Decided i would have my sparse eyebrows dyed (had them done before and been lovely) I let a different girl do them and came out looking really stupid with two black slugs over my eyes. serves me right for not doing my todo list.