Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Fri 02-Aug-19 06:12:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice blue sky this morning in brackley.
Usual shop today , general routine for me.
On a day trip tomorrow, more in the morning tomorrow.
Mick

Scentia Fri 02-Aug-19 06:33:31

Good Morning, hope it’s ok to drop in to your group, I read it most days.

Here in Staffordshire it is sunny, taken dog for a walk already as she is off to kennels for a few days. I am off to London tomorrow for a birthday treat. I am off to Tate Modern and a guided tour around The Houses of Parliament. I hope Boris isn’t doing a spot of overtime tomorrow, I might accidentally tell him what I think of him!!!
I am visiting my Daughter and Grandson today, so all in all a very exciting weekend.

Enjoy your day everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 02-Aug-19 06:39:35

Good morning Mick and everyone. Still a bit grey in Northampton today, but I have hopes of a fine day.

DGDs here again today at 8am . Think we shall have a bus trip to Sainsburys this morning; the girls are particularly fond of the chocolate gateau in the cafe! Coffee and perhaps a Portuguese custard tart for me. Then a small top-up shop. They taught me how to play Uno yesterday. We may watch a film this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 02-Aug-19 06:53:46

Good morning from east London, sun is starting to shine. Got to get moving as I want to move my tomato plants before the builders arrive; ran out of time last night. We’re off to Dymchurch today for a week, to stay in an old railway carriage close to the sea wall; DS is coming down for the weekend and will swap with GD on Monday when she gets back from Spain. Not quite sure if he’s escaping us or her. Have a good day.

Grammaretto Fri 02-Aug-19 06:56:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's dry so far.
Two tradesmen expected this morning. You wait weeks and they both want the same time.
It will be good to have my lights and cupboard fixed.
Then to the bank to pay for the caravan I have purchased. The local branch has closed so I have to go to the city centre. I can't do online banking.
Life doesn't get much more exciting. shock
Have a very nice day everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 02-Aug-19 07:02:56

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. I’m up early having a cuppa on the balcony. I’m excited to see the family this morning who arrived last night and are staying in the same apartment building where we are for 3 weeks.

Welcome to this lovely friendly thread of Mick’s Scentia (nice name!). Your weekend sounds wonderful.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

ninathenana Fri 02-Aug-19 07:06:00

Morning everyone.

Overcast in Kent and not looking good for the rest of the day.
Usual Friday food shop then I'm venturing into the nearby town, which will be "fun" as it's my first time since they changed the whole road layout/one way system.........
I may be gone some time.

Have a good day everyone.

Bellasnana Fri 02-Aug-19 07:08:47

Good morning everyone from a hot, sunny Malta.

I have a hair appointment this morning, then need to go to the bank (I don’t do internet banking either, Grammaretto)
then off to the airport for our short flight to Catania. DD3 and I are going for a four day break. Dog is already despatched to kennels, much to his annoyance!

Can’t believe it’s Friday again, the weeks seem to fly.

Have a good day all.sunshine

Pantglas1 Fri 02-Aug-19 07:11:59

Morning all and welcome to newbies - it’s a lovely thread with no nastiness, just folks sharing what they have planned or not.

Enjoy your visitors Urmstongran - I always do although I’m glad of the rest when they go! I’m not as young as I was and have to pace myself these days!

Meeting friends this evening and only a bit of sewing to do this morning. A good day to all.

Carillion01 Fri 02-Aug-19 07:13:05

Morning everyone, hello Scentia, I only post rarely but love to read this gentle thread about everyone's daily plans.

Sunny here in Brittany just now. Off for a girls' afternoon to Vannes today, taking my two friends; one lives in the next village here, she is still homesick for the UK . My other friend is over for a little break... She lives in York and has recently lost her DM.

Lunch and then a wander around the old town, shops and lovely church.

aggie Fri 02-Aug-19 07:28:56

Good Morning from a very foggy place ! I can hardly see across the street , I feel so sorry for all the flooded out people and we could do with some here before the garden shrivels completely. I am trying to get a crochet blanket finished and sat outside working away but was driven indoors by wasps sad

grannydee123 Fri 02-Aug-19 07:34:21

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Northern Ireland.

Im just in from nite shift and looking forward to a good sleep.

Have a fab day everyone.

Brunette10 Fri 02-Aug-19 07:36:50

Good Morning from a dull Fife. Hopefully we shall see some sun peak out today. Tired this morning however it's another day and we have a funeral first thing this morning. Second one in three weeks, both neighbours. Other than that a day I think in the house to catch up, feel I've done nothing this week so will hopefully catch up with chores. Scentia - welcome hope you enjoy our little introductions each morning. Hope the day is good for everyone and yes it's Friday again!

Sar53 Fri 02-Aug-19 07:38:03

Good morning everyone from the Wirral. I'm sitting in bed, in our hotel, waiting for DH to wake up.
We had a lovely meal last night with my BIL and SIL and her cousin and husband who are visiting from NZ.
We are off to catch the ferry across the Mersey later for a wander around Liverpool.
Long journey up here yesterday from Essex so not too much driving today.
Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Fri 02-Aug-19 07:44:24

Aggie don’t you hate wasps? I was stung yesterday for no reason - didn’t know it was on my arm.
Looks like a lovely day in Leicester so a bit of tidying up in the garden is called for. Off to meet up with my side of the family tomorrow, which should be fun.

gillybob Fri 02-Aug-19 07:44:43

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another cloudy start. No rain forecast for today but I will believe that when I don’t see it grin. We have had a rotten summer so far but my heart goes out to all those people who have been flooded out, bridges collapsing etc. Poor people.

Anyway I am so glad it’s Friday my number one best day of the week . I will be off to “that place” in less than an hour but it’s half day . Then I have the weekend ahead of me.....Yippeee!

I’m meeting DD and little Evie later (she’s not too well poor lamb) and taking my dad for his usual second (big) shop of the week. Life in the fast lane eh?

Welcome to the kind and gentle Good Morning thread Scentia I hope you can join us often.

I’m so glad you finally got your caravan Grammaretto the little ones will just love it . smile

To all those feeling under the weather I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good Friday everyone x

cornergran Fri 02-Aug-19 07:52:34

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright corner of Somerset. Chores for me this morning, loads to catch up with as good intentions haven’t materialised into actions this week. Food shop later, be good when it’s all done. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Fri 02-Aug-19 07:56:27

Good morning Mick and all all from a cloudy Glasgow, temp says 61F, but it didn't feel like that when I was hangong out the washing.

A special welcome to the newbies, as has already been said, we are a friendly bunch.

We had a delightful day down the coast with DGD yesterday.
However on a notoriously dangerous steep hill, on a country road, with nowhere to stop and a line of traffic behind us, my wee granddaughter's nose started to bleed.
Of course DH couldn't pull over and I had a seat belt on. It was carnage. You would have thought a mad axe murderer had been in the car. The wee soul never complained at all, just held the wad of tissues and tried to pinch her nose.
By the time we managed to pull over, there was blood everywhere.

I have the rheumatologist today and I know he will insist on increasing the dose on the meds which make already me feel ill all the time.
I am ready to do battle!

I have been thinking of Harrigran, I do hope she is OK.
Happy Friday, Gillybob and all on this thread.

dragonfly46 Fri 02-Aug-19 07:57:58

Good morning from an overcast Leicestershire.

Welcome scentia.

A caravan - how exciting Grammaretto.

I hope little Evie has t caught the chicken pox Gille.

Meeting friends for coffee then going to a talk by someone who goes on holiday with the visually impaired. Sounds interesting.

Lins1066 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:01:45

Good Morning Mick and all.
Lovely sunny morning here again and it was very warm yesterday. I too am very sorry for all those who have been flooded out.

Nina, I remember going home from Uni many years ago in my old banger of a car, to find that they had reversed the one way systemic in town, but nobody's had told me!

DS has just dropped off a very excited little dog so will take her for a walk later. Need to do some food shopping at some point. I did loads of washing yesterday, so have some ironing too.
Welcome Scentia. Enjoy Vannes * Carillion*, it's beautiful, lovely medieval timbered buildings, more than a tad jealous.
Enjoy your day.

Urmstongran Fri 02-Aug-19 08:03:20

Thank you Pantglas1

And for your support elsewhere.
Very kind of you.

?

Lins1066 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:04:19

That should be 'system' and no apostrophe after 'nobody' ?

gillybob Fri 02-Aug-19 08:06:55

Just what I am worrying about dragonfly oh dear I hope not.

Greyduster Fri 02-Aug-19 08:08:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Looks like it will be a fine day in North Norfolk so we are off for a day at the seaside after a hot day on the RSPB reserve at Titchwell yesterday, where my camera seriously let me down, so hardly any photos of all the good birds we saw☹️. Have a good day, folks, whatever you’re doing.

kittylester Fri 02-Aug-19 08:12:27

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicester. Hope the louds dont blow your way Topsy.

Two Dgc today and tomorrow. Dgs is going to be an astro physicist (well, this week) so we are off the Space Centre tomorrow and today, we'll be cooking before he goes to the cricket with Pa. Dgd wants to do flower arranging and watch Harry Potter. That's all sorted then.

Welcome to newbies - this is a lovely thread