Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Sun 04-Aug-19 06:32:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and cloudy here in Brackley this morning , a quiet day today after yesterdays coach trip.
Yesterdays trip consisted of coach to Kidderminster , then on arrival at the Severn Valley station , there was various Morris Dancing groups , who were performing along the line.
The rail journey consisted of a return to Kidderminster , with around 2 hours in Bridgnorth.
Mind whilst in local pub , I noticed a Sunday lunch notice inside which used the local dialogue " A Bostin Sunday Lunch"
MIck

ninathenana Sun 04-Aug-19 06:36:34

Morning Mick and all to follow. Sounds a good day Mick.

Overcast in Kent so far, hoping it will brighten.
We had a lovely day yesterday at the birthday garden party. Great catch up with far flung relatives.
Quiet day today, enjoy whatever your doing.

Greyduster Sun 04-Aug-19 06:40:51

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Back home after a lovely few days in North Norfolk. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but we aren’t going very far today. Post holiday laundry and a roast chicken are on the cards. Have a good day folks.

EllanVannin Sun 04-Aug-19 07:15:06

Good Morning Mick and All x
Silly me---thought I'd read 7am and it was 6 ! Never mind.

Appears damp and the roofs look as though there's been a shower or two but at present it's not sure what it wants to do but it's calm. Gulls squealing which is invariably a sign of a possible storm to come sad

Another good day out to tick off your list Mick. I used to love the coach trips around the country and visited many places.

Nice piece of gammon for today with new pots. and cabbage by way of a change- fresh parsley sauce to go with it. Other than a bit of cooking I'm not doing much else.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Marydoll Sun 04-Aug-19 07:41:23

Good morning Mick and all from a very wet Glasgow, it's 59°, but feels much cooler.
Glad to here you had a good day out yesterday, Mick.

We had a lovely lunch yesterday and managed to ease a few worries about the forthcoming wedding.
I kept meeting people I knew, who were also out for lunch, it drove my family mad, as I kept going to talk to them and not coming back.
After talking to one couple for about twenty minutes, my daughter asked who they were, as she didn't recognise them.
I told her I didn't know them, they were just having a weekend break in the hotel! grin

An easier day for me today, roast chicken is already in the oven, hair to dry and then off to church.
Later I'll finish off altering the dress I plan to wear at my friend's son's wedding next weekend, as I have yet another busy week ahead and I'm running out of time.

Wishing everyone, a pleasant Sunday and peaceful Sunday.

Bellasnana Sun 04-Aug-19 07:42:40

Good morning all, from a lovely, sunny Sicily.

We had a very good day on the beach yesterday, and enjoyed our concert in the evening.

Glad your day out was a success, Mick.

No plans for today, maybe relaxing by the pool if it isn’t too crowded.

Have a lovely day everyone. sunshine

Pantglas1 Sun 04-Aug-19 07:43:22

Morning Mick and all aboard today. I did same as you EllanVannin except I read 6.00 and it was 5.00! Never mind we’ve got an extra hour to do not-a-lot!

Contemplating what to have for breakfast is as far as I’ve gotten but may wander around the nearest Sunday market later.

Have a lovely Sunday all x

Marydoll Sun 04-Aug-19 07:45:12

Pantglas, are you still in Spain? I do love a Spanish market!! smile

Brunette10 Sun 04-Aug-19 07:46:05

Good Morning to everyone. It's dull and not very nice here in Fife today, I believe we have a yellow weather warning so I'm hoping weather forecasters are wrong and it will pass. Have a busy day catching up with lots that I've not done this week so a day at home for me today. Hope Sunday is good to everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 04-Aug-19 07:50:22

Good morning all; bright and sunny here in Northampton again.

Had a good day out shopping yesterday, but looked at the prices of new waterproofs (£100 in the sale!), and thought not at that price, I'll just make do with what I've got. If I was a dedicated walker and going on lots of walking holidays, then yes it would be an investment, but for a one-off trip to the Lakes, then no. However I did get a new bag, and some new towels because I liked them, neither of which I really needed! Had a nice lunch out and a glass of wine.

Will walk to the paper shop this morning, pay my bill, and cancel the papers while I'm away. Then hope to sit in the garden and read.

Have a good day everyone.

TwiceAsNice Sun 04-Aug-19 07:53:01

Morning everyone am drinking tea in bed with cat sat on my legs. It’s a bit cloudy here in Surrey with the sun coming through so hopefully a nice day a bit later. Off to church in a bit and it’s my turn to help serve coffee afterwards. Family home later after weekend away so will be glad to see them as it’s been a quiet couple of days on my own

NanKate Sun 04-Aug-19 07:55:05

Morning Mick and All.

You sound as if you had a good day Mick. Being a girl ? from the Midlands ‘A Boston good lunch’ takes me back 60 odd years to my gran’s or mum’s wonderful Sunday lunches.

It’s going to be in the low 20s today here in South Bucks, very pleasant. Maybe morning coffee out would be nice.

NanKate Sun 04-Aug-19 07:58:37

BlueSapphire I have bought all my waterproof clothes from Mountain Warehouse, they often have sales and they have an online service. Most things are at a reasonable price.

kittylester Sun 04-Aug-19 07:59:48

Morning all from a north Leicestershire which is currently bright and sunny. The forecast is for lots of rain this week and we had rain over night.

Not a lot on here today. We are also having roast chicken later.

Glad you had a good trip mick. One of my lovely sons in law is from that area and calls me 'Mom' - I love it.

Enjoy your days everyone

Beechnut Sun 04-Aug-19 08:00:04

Good Morning everyone.
It’s bright outside.
I’m off to a workshop later

I hope you all enjoy the day ?

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:02:29

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Plucked up the courage yesterday and used my new carpet shampooer. However, forgot to use the rinse function so will need to do them again today.

Marydoll my cousin’s wife is like you. She makes friends wherever she goes!

Urmstongran Sun 04-Aug-19 08:06:17

Another day in paradise! ????‍?‍?‍?

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. The gardens will be busier because the Spanish who work like to come to the coast today and quite a few have second-home apartments here.

Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

aggie Sun 04-Aug-19 08:10:36

Good Morning all , the sun is out , rain in the night but it looks like not enough so the watering can will be deployed later today. No plans , first. Sunday of the month so no Mass in our local church, we used to have two morning and one evening Mass every Sunday

Pantglas1 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:17:54

I am Marydoll until Wednesday and I do like a trot out to a market whilst I’m here although there seems to be an awful lot of tat around recently.

Looking for a new handbag and will buy some fruit and veg - kilo of garlic for my SIL who eats it daily and smells accordingly, lemons for my DD’s G&Ts and mangoes for me to take home to make spicy chutney!

Auntieflo Sun 04-Aug-19 08:26:48

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It’s a lot cooler this morning, nice and fresh, but with lots of clouds.
DH had a very disturbed night, and seemed to be up each and every hour.
We are off to our lovely Church soon, and look forward to heating about the children’s holiday club. Always fun.
So must hurry and have a shower, before I make us late.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Sun 04-Aug-19 08:27:25

‘Hearing’, not heating. Oh dear

oldgaijin Sun 04-Aug-19 08:28:48

Good morning from Aberdeenshire. There is a bit of haar which should burn off. Am going to a big agricultural show this morning which will be a good chance to meet horsey friends amongst others. Shall also enjoy spending time in the cattle lines.
Have a great day.

Marydoll Sun 04-Aug-19 08:33:06

Pantglas, you are making me jealous! grin
I too am looking for a new handbag, hopefully in five weeks time, from the Sunday market in Rome, (The best I've ever visited), it all depends if the docs allow me to travel! Fingers and toes crossed, I'm trying to be a good girl. grin

Anniebach Sun 04-Aug-19 08:52:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lins1066 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:57:26

Good Morning, hazy sunshine on S Welsh Coast.
Glad you enjoyed your day out Mick.
New glasses and prescription sunglasses chosen yesterday without too much deliberating.

A BBQ later and a fruit salad. We are making the most of these sunny days after being incarcerated indoors for so many months.

Have a good day everyone.